New Walleye record 16.39lbs

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Kind of feel bad for the guy. He’ll never enjoy a peaceful day of fishing again, what with all the walleye groupies following him around squealing, throwing their undergarments in his boat and trying to have his babies.

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Kind of feel bad for the guy. He’ll never enjoy a peaceful day of fishing again, what with all the walleye groupies following him around squealing, throwing their undergarments in his boat and trying to have his babies.

And since most of those groupies will be dudes in neighboring boats I really feel bad for him.

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm thinking his record won't last long, so he should be ok. :;:thumbsup

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
GONGRATS to the angler! I guess you can never pull cranks too soon. Now if I didn't have a pesky family and job for the next month...

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
You can never pull em too late either. Those jigging raps are just ice cranks IMO.

Yeah, it would be nice to just troll and map the river for the next 60 days.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh almost forgot.....anyone get a length on that big mamma?

ORCUS DEMENS

Founding Member
Founding Member
Congratulations, Getting it in the boat once eyes were on it probably seemed to take forever.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Congrats! Besides asking whether you should dock your dogs tail or not, anybody hazard a guess why it seems alot more of these large females are getting fooled in the last few years? electronics? presentation? location, lure?#$%^&>

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Congrats! Besides asking whether you should dock your dogs tail or not, anybody hazard a guess why it seems alot more of these large females are getting fooled in the last few years? electronics? presentation? location, lure?#$%^&>
I don’t think more are necessarily being fooled, its just that there is more of them in the system so your chances increase. Most people I know seem to have caught their largest walleye in the last three years or so between the Missouri and Sak. There is just some jumbos in the system like probably never before.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
MY P.B. was last Good Friday, so there must be a lot of pigs out there. 30"

Mr. Stevenson

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Congrats!! I'll bet it felt like a cinder block on the hook set!

- - - Updated - - -

I don’t think more are necessarily being fooled, its just that there is more of them in the system so your chances increase. Most people I know seem to have caught their largest walleye in the last three years or so between the Missouri and Sak. There is just some jumbos in the system like probably never before.

Self imposed slot limits? I'd like to think so.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
^^^^Doubtful^^^ I'd like to think so, but I just don't think the few big ones being released are being caught again. I did release mine, and my buddy released a giant last January.

Mr. Stevenson

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I'm not a CR cultist but will not keep a walleye over 18in unless there's obvious cues of non-survival or it's a freaking record. Right or wrong: I'm squeamish about mercury (and seafood in general). I will not knowingly eat belly meat of any species.

- - - Updated - - -

There's a good vid on U-tube removing iron from breakfast cereal with a blender. A college kid on here may have a good thesis removing mercury from belly meat. Hopefully it will be completely honest about it's method/result without interference from genitalia or linage.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree that there are more fish (maybe due to stocking, definitely good forage in recent years), thus more big fish. I'm 51 yrs old and my two biggest walleye have come to me in the past three years. One at 30", one at 32".

I also applaud those who let the bigs go. Nothing against those who keep them. They're alive, so they're going to die one day anyhow.

But both of mine swam away. If it's big, and you're not going to eat it, or put it on the wall, may as well let her go.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member

^^^^^^^^^^Gizzard Shad

- - - Updated - - -

Who decided to pickup that rod when your trolling. That thing had to act like a snag and bury a board

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Indeed,congrats to the angler....I see planner boards but a 4" paddle tail plastic hooked to the beast so "do tell" the pattern used.

MarbleEyez

Founding Member
Founding Member
Look at the influx of anglers fishing these river systems in the last 3-7yrs. That might have a bit to do with a lot more "Big" fish being caught. More than likely there was always fish of this caliber around, just not as many lures in the water to catch them.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree that there are more fish (maybe due to stocking, definitely good forage in recent years), thus more big fish. I'm 51 yrs old and my two biggest walleye have come to me in the past three years. One at 30", one at 32".

I also applaud those who let the bigs go. Nothing against those who keep them. They're alive, so they're going to die one day anyhow.

But both of mine swam away. If it's big, and you're not going to eat it, or put it on the wall, may as well let her go.

Agreed. The MO system appears to have had a perfect storm of temps and forage to produce a number of fish of this caliber. Probably a once in a lifetime growth cycle.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 90
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 65
  • This month: 57