NFL News (Vikings)

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
The price really isn’t out of line for what qb in the nfl are getting paid. I’m not a fields guy but it is the most intriguing option. The washed up back ups I would rather start a rookie and press through that.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I believe what happened to Russell will be very similar to what happens to cousins..hope not but I do believe it will take place. Vikings should go after wentz for absolutely dirt cheap gut the team and start fresh...wit wentz understandingthis from the start...and maybe he could help build it????..get away from the prior gm and coach setup. It would be unbelievably hard to convince the fans and ownership but....a REAL chance at a superbowl in 4 years maybe?....and dont waste any money on a 2 year quarter back or someone like fields etc. ..my as well go with wentz..cheaper and you know what you got. Save pics and money to actually go after a REAL franchise quarter back..not some used up guy that shows a little promise.......just a thought....probably wrong.

woodduck30

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Wentz is a good backup and a terrible starter........ Sounds like something the Vikings would consider :ROFLMAO:

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wentz is a good backup and a terrible starter........ Sounds like something the Vikings would consider :ROFLMAO:
They did sign sam Darnold, who couldn’t even make it as a backup for the jets, panthers, or 49rs. 3 teams six yrs

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think the vikes should take a chance with Trey Lance if the cowboys are willing to trade or.joe flacco short term and if jj or bo are not available at 11 go after the best cb/ss on the board. i hope the vikes gm are smart and don't trade for an earlier pick.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think the vikes should take a chance with Trey Lance if the cowboys are willing to trade or.joe flacco short term and if jj or bo are not available at 11 go after the best cb/ss on the board. i hope the vikes gm are smart and don't trade for an earlier pick.
Darnold is their 10 million dollar man the deal is done

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Darnold was not an option i was looking forward to i guess we will see. Hope they draft a rookie qb and he might be in sooner than expected.

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
Darnold was not an option i was looking forward to i guess we will see. Hope they draft a rookie qb and he might be in sooner than expected.
How long before your fellow fans that were screaming that Cousins was a choke artist are crying that the stupid gm never should have let him walk….with Sam Darnold I’d wager by week 5-6. Especially if Atlanta is winning

hunter

you guys that want players strictly cause they played for the bison are hilarious. i suppose you want to trade justin jefferson for christian watson or mauch too.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
How long before your fellow fans that were screaming that Cousins was a choke artist are crying that the stupid gm never should have let him walk….with Sam Darnold I’d wager by week 5-6. Especially if Atlanta is winning
Its not secret that I was a Kirk guy. I dont think the 4 for 180 was money that they could pay. If they were on the door step of the sb maybe. Its going to be a long year i feel and people will realize what we had in Kirk.

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
Its not secret that I was a Kirk guy. I dont think the 4 for 180 was money that they could pay. If they were on the door step of the sb maybe. Its going to be a long year i feel and people will realize what we had in Kirk.
I can’t say much…the Pack cut Aaron Jones so not sure the thinking on that either

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
They probably look at the life of a RB and salary expectations. Isn't he 29?
The salaries these guys are getting is outrageous IMO.
Jones signed with the Vikes for 7 million. The Pack signs a guy 3 years younger coming off career lows for 48 million 14 of which is due this year….doesn’t make sense to me but what do I know

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well hopefully the Vikes draft a QB and he pans out. Cousins isn't worth $45M/yr. Hell none of these guys are it's gotten insane. Atlanta won't win a SB with him either. He showed he's all about the money and not serious about winning. Need a guy that knows you need a team around you to win.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Vikes need to hit in the draft for a QB. Gotta hope and pray that one of these college guys is the next real deal and then they would need to develop him in the right manner. All of this I highly doubt the Vikings are capable of doing. They'd have to get lucky, then be smart, neither of which I have any faith in when it comes to them.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think either the salaries should be capped at 20 million for any player per year or take the QB's out so they don't count against the Cap.
The salaries for the QB's is getting crazy.

Eatsleeptrap

★★ Legendary Member
They keep signing QB's that will never win a super bowl, freeing up about 60 hours of my time in the fall to do other things. Starting to think I may never give a shit again, and becoming strangely ok with it. But of course they will draft an interesting QB prospect and lure me back in. The BASTARDS...

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 29
  • This month: 29
  • This month: 25
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 15
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 11