NFL News (Vikings)

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I see Bill Belidick in ya mouth is playing hardball in Atlanta

Kirk Cousins and the Vikes are looking for a possible trade perhaps the steelers or possibly Atlanta. I know kirk has a no trade clause in his contract but pff has him #2 free agenf qb if there is someone who wants him. I hope he stays and finishes out his carreer in Minnesota because i think the vikes will push hard to make a deal on this year's qb class in April.
I like jj McCarthy and believe he could develop into a great qb under McConnell and cousins.

Ragnar

Founding Member
Founding Member
I see Bill Belidick in ya mouth is playing hardball in Atlanta

Kirk Cousins and the Vikes are looking for a possible trade perhaps the steelers or possibly Atlanta. I know kirk has a no trade clause in his contract but pff has him #2 free agenf qb if there is someone who wants him. I hope he stays and finishes out his carreer in Minnesota because i think the vikes will push hard to make a deal on this year's qb class in April.
I like jj McCarthy and believe he could develop into a great qb under McConnell and cousins.
Dude... Penix has the strongest and most accurate arm in the Draft. He should have won the Heisman. McCarthy is not bad, but not near the Arm or delivery that Penix has.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Penix may be the better player, but can he stay on the field? The man has shown to be susceptible to the injury bug.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Penix looked average against Michigan i was expecting more after the texas game. Bo Nix looks interesting. Absolute crap shoot as some guy in the seventh round might turn out to be the best ever... I hope they sign cousins and have who ever they draft sit a couple years behind him. As much as it pains:sick::sick::sick: me to say the packers do have the right formula on bringing up a qb.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
My prediction is John Harbaugh will take jj McCarthy in the draft when he signs up to be head coach perhaps it will be the chargers.

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
They will keep cousins and then scratch their heads at the end of next season with only 8 wins. Rinse repeat.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
They will keep cousins and then scratch their heads at the end of next season with only 8 wins. Rinse repeat.
Who would be a better replacement that they can sign? Why not draft and have the rookie sit and learn vs thrown to the fire.

Riggen&Jiggen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Vikes should start over from scratch. They have a bunch of needs. I say fire the GM as he has whiffed on 2 drafts. Let Cousins walk and trade Jefferson for a bunch of draft picks. This will result in a crapy season next year and a high draft pick to get a top QB in the draft. Hopefully with a good GM they can build a good team by 2026. If they don't go this route I believe they will always be a middle of the pack team.

bigv

Founding Member
Founding Member
Vikes should start over from scratch. They have a bunch of needs. I say fire the GM as he has whiffed on 2 drafts. Let Cousins walk and trade Jefferson for a bunch of draft picks. This will result in a crapy season next year and a high draft pick to get a top QB in the draft. Hopefully with a good GM they can build a good team by 2026. If they don't go this route I believe they will always be a middle of the pack team.
I used to always think this too but getting a quality draft pick is a needle in hay stack. One that actually turns out. That's the thing...there is no guarantee in a draft. How many high picks have been turds? You just cant trust a pick. If I was gm I'd spend money all over the league one players that have proven ability. Don't have to be stars...just guys that have had solid careers. Proven quality players. Stack them up.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I used to always think this too but getting a quality draft pick is a needle in hay stack. One that actually turns out. That's the thing...there is no guarantee in a draft. How many high picks have been turds? You just cant trust a pick. If I was gm I'd spend money all over the league one players that have proven ability. Don't have to be stars...just guys that have had solid careers. Proven quality players. Stack them up.
I like the patriots policy that winning championship takes a team who has a balanced roster. No player is worth more then another and everyone is expendable when you think that you aren't being payed. New England was never set on paying veteran players long term contracts and Randy Moss wanted to get payed, especially since he helped Brady break a records that most say will never be broke, most tds in a season and most tds for reciever. But bill has let many good veterans go when they were not happy with their contracts. Obviously Brady and his work ethic which I have discussed in an earlier post is a huge factor in the selling power of recruiting players to come play for new England.
Another example of a player wanting out and the was Stephon Diggs, Diggs produced good numbers with the vikes and wanted to restructure his contract but the vikes had some decent recievers and let him go. Diggs will be cut by the bills or forced to restructure his contract, his playing ability has gone down hill significantly at the end of the season and it was obvious in the bills/chiefs game.
Overpaying a reciever, one is talented even as jj to long term guaranteed money is crazy with the caliber of recievers one can pick up for a lot less, annyeson will be a decent level recievers if we can get other players to fill a void if jj decides he needs to get paid, i say cut em paying a reciever 20+ million plus signing bonus and guaranteed money is not smart football.
Either Mcarthy is available or not but as we can see there are many many teams that need a qb right now and many drafted qbs will want to play now rather then later.The vikes have some holes to fill and we are looking good as far as salary cap space to get some needed players to fill those voids. But paying one player those astronomical contracts will have the same outcome we have seen with those types of deals.
Nope go with the new England approach short term contracts and pick up draft or undrafted players who want to play in the nfl

bigv

Founding Member
Founding Member
I see your point. But still feel you can get great players who have established themselves for solid deals. Like I said in previous post...not stars just quality players. And, can we really tell if it was the Patriots way? Or just Tom Brady's way. He leaves, they stink. Doing so called Patriots way. You very well could be right. I just think I'd put for stock in picking up a solid free agent vs a rookie. Rookie will be 50/50 he makes it. Where as picking up an established player is prob 80/20 in favor of being helpful next couple years. If that makes sense.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 77
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 52
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 40
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 32
  • This month: 31