No Trespass Law

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
weather is a different topic whether or not is what I meant.

- - - Updated - - -

Point well taken Johnr , "We all" stuck out in my mind so I wanted to clear that up until my opinion is formed.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have nothing to add other than the gif is fucking awesome and i keep making different things up in my head that guy said to the bear as he bitch slapped him. Thanks for making my Friday

it is awesome

but my money is on the bear if he decides to make good on the old saying "don't start no shit won't be no shit"

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Boy do I wish we could have a chat session with NDGF and some of our legislators or encourage some of them to join this site and chime in. Something I might even mention to Terry in my email. Would you guys refrain from the dogpile syndrome if I could convince them that opening communications on NDA would be a win win ? This dog pile BS is a poor display of sportsmanship and some of you guys bleed that shit. take that with a grain of salt just calling a beet a beet . If you told me it's a bad Idea I would believe you.

- - - Updated - - -

So I used to memorize the proclamation but life got in the way and I am not aware of any changes made on posting land but the proclamation has instructions how to legally post. Anything short of what is stated in the ND century code is not legally posted and thus a loophole. I'll stand behind what I have said and if you can dig up something to prove me wrong I'll thank you for schooling me

- - - Updated - - -

And yes Allen , I have always went with "No hunting or trespassing" . It seems to make no difference, Are you saying it's me that needs a tune up.

- - - Updated - - -

TYPO: That was supposed to be a question , Insert question mark where the last period in my post resides.
I’m still confused why you couldn’t prosecute the hunters that trespassed on your land. Either this never happened, we are missing facts, or the game warden didn’t recommend calling the sheriff. The later I find hard to believe. Just because land is not legally posted doesn’t mean you can legally hunt it without trespassing. It’s in the law and people have been prosecuted for it. Why in your situation could you not charge them for trespassing? I find you stories hard to believe because I’m not following your statements with facts.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Which time ? The first time I knew there was activity but could never catch them and it was always when I was at work. I finally started parking my vehicles out of sight instead of in front of my house and within a couple of days one drove right past the no hunting sign. Hopped in my pickup and caught up with them and run them out and took down license plate # and I called game warden with license number and vehicle description when I got home and he said he was going to take action on it , Never heard back but saw him a couple weeks later and his story was then that there was only one of him and the hills are full of poachers so he had been real busy .

Second one was on foot and I watched him walk all the way across the field to where I was sitting and he sat down about 300 yards from me. Not sure how he even found his car that morning because it took him about 5 minutes to see me sitting right out in the open . Then he pulled his gun up and aimed it at me I hollered at him and waved my arms and he put it down and walked over to me and tried to apologize and tell me he was just looking through his scope , Needles to say I wasn't in any mood to listen and at the time had back pain of damn near 10 or I'd probably have threw his gun as far down the hill as I could have. He was defensive and wouldn't tell me his name I just told him to GTFO and never come back, He tucked his tail and walked away. It took me a while but I finally found out who he was and he had migrated here from NY. and was working in the area . Not so sure if he even had a license.

Have had many run ins and only the last time a couple 2 -3 years ago I was advised to call sheriff instead of game warden. I don't want to put any hardships on the good guy but I'd like to be ruthless when dealing with the cock suckers that are ruining it for everyone else. I was thinking today about the people that are behind this bill , Most I believe are livestock producers . I wonder if they ever thought of the repercussion because they support this bill and then they have to call the people whose land the cattle are on before they can round them up .

- - - Updated - - -

They aren't very smart , Had one call and introduce himself then ask if a certain vehicle I had was for sale. I had it stashed away out of sight so I asked him how he knew I had it and he told me he saw it when he was deer hunting. SMH

- - - Updated - - -

Just because I am discussing all the options don't jump to the conclusion that I am in favor of this bill. I have more questions than answers but as a landowner I know all too well what it feels like to get walked on.

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
Davey- do you post your land?..... if yes, then how would a new law stop any of what you
just mentioned?..... serious question..... sounds like tougher enforcement would alleviate the problem.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Which time ? The first time I knew there was activity but could never catch them and it was always when I was at work. I finally started parking my vehicles out of sight instead of in front of my house and within a couple of days one drove right past the no hunting sign. Hopped in my pickup and caught up with them and run them out and took down license plate # and I called game warden with license number and vehicle description when I got home and he said he was going to take action on it , Never heard back but saw him a couple weeks later and his story was then that there was only one of him and the hills are full of poachers so he had been real busy .

Second one was on foot and I watched him walk all the way across the field to where I was sitting and he sat down about 300 yards from me. Not sure how he even found his car that morning because it took him about 5 minutes to see me sitting right out in the open . Then he pulled his gun up and aimed it at me I hollered at him and waved my arms and he put it down and walked over to me and tried to apologize and tell me he was just looking through his scope , Needles to say I wasn't in any mood to listen and at the time had back pain of damn near 10 or I'd probably have threw his gun as far down the hill as I could have. He was defensive and wouldn't tell me his name I just told him to GTFO and never come back, He tucked his tail and walked away. It took me a while but I finally found out who he was and he had migrated here from NY. and was working in the area . Not so sure if he even had a license.

Have had many run ins and only the last time a couple 2 -3 years ago I was advised to call sheriff instead of game warden. I don't want to put any hardships on the good guy but I'd like to be ruthless when dealing with the cock suckers that are ruining it for everyone else. I was thinking today about the people that are behind this bill , Most I believe are livestock producers . I wonder if they ever thought of the repercussion because they support this bill and then they have to call the people whose land the cattle are on before they can round them up .

- - - Updated - - -

They aren't very smart , Had one call and introduce himself then ask if a certain vehicle I had was for sale. I had it stashed away out of sight so I asked him how he knew I had it and he told me he saw it when he was deer hunting. SMH

- - - Updated - - -

Just because I am discussing all the options don't jump to the conclusion that I am in favor of this bill. I have more questions than answers but as a landowner I know all too well what it feels like to get walked on.

davey you are full of shit it is clear by all your post you in favor of this bill it is written in black and white

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

So you don’t bother to call a game warden or sheriff when people are trespassing, but you are on here multiple days to advocate a no trespass bill? You realize if this bill passes you will still need to call in these trespassers? None of your posts make any sense that’s why we are jumping all over you.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
davey you are full of shit it is clear by all your post you in favor of this bill it is written in black and white

Haha a mind reader you are , Too bad your are no good at it. I am not in favor of this bill but I also am not happy with the way it is now either.

- - - Updated - - -

And for that matter even if I will be in favor of this bill after I see the amendments to it .
that is my opinion and nothing more than that
It's mine and you have your own.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll tell you my opinion when I form it, I don't sugar coat shit and I stand behind my opinions. Don't be part of the problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Davey- do you post your land?..... if yes, then how would a new law stop any of what you
just mentioned?..... serious question..... sounds like tougher enforcement would alleviate the problem.

I might as well say it on the open forum , Damn hard to legally post my land because it's solid timber that joins more solid timber if anyone wants to come and hunt I'll let you but you have to post the land so it's legally posted. It's never been done and not impossible but you will be met with a challenge and I'd bet none of you mouthy ones would get it done. Not pasture, Timber with thick underbrush. Hit me up if you are willing to try.

- - - Updated - - -

That offer is open to anyone that wants a place to hunt, All you have to do is post it and it's some of the best hunting in ND. I am not bullshitting anyone. Just a heads up to some of you mouthy cock suckers that tell me I am lying . Feel free to call me liar but a fair warning, you will have a whole lot of whoop ass on your hands because I get offended when I get accused of doing something I didn't do, It's the way I was wired from the factory.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'll help you post your land Davey. I know we don't see eye to eye on lots of issues, but this transcends disagreement. PM me when you want to get this done as now would be the best time as the leaves are gone. Makes getting equipment in a bit easier. I have some experience with wooded lands (MN) and I've not found woods so thick that a step ladder, small chain saw, and some sweat equity will prevent getting the job done. You get the signs, I would recommend metal so you only have to do it one time, and I'll show up. Pass the permission to hunt on to some youngster and that'll be good enough recompense. Let me know.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
So will I help post anyones land also there are signs for farmers that want to keep thier land open to hunting that's not necessarily part of the PLOTS program. I think they say game management area open to public hunting. No it does not say PLOTS on then anyways I know some farmers in the area i hunt are already starting to put these yellow signs up to inform the public that thier land is open to hunting without the help of the state department

Last edited:

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Haha a mind reader you are , Too bad your are no good at it. I am not in favor of this bill but I also am not happy with the way it is now either.

- - - Updated - - -

And for that matter even if I will be in favor of this bill after I see the amendments to it .

- - - Updated - - -

I'll tell you my opinion when I form it, I don't sugar coat shit and I stand behind my opinions. Don't be part of the problem.

- - - Updated - - -

I might as well say it on the open forum , Damn hard to legally post my land because it's solid timber that joins more solid timber if anyone wants to come and hunt I'll let you but you have to post the land so it's legally posted. It's never been done and not impossible but you will be met with a challenge and I'd bet none of you mouthy ones would get it done. Not pasture, Timber with thick underbrush. Hit me up if you are willing to try.

- - - Updated - - -

That offer is open to anyone that wants a place to hunt, All you have to do is post it and it's some of the best hunting in ND. I am not bullshitting anyone. Just a heads up to some of you mouthy cock suckers that tell me I am lying . Feel free to call me liar but a fair warning, you will have a whole lot of whoop ass on your hands because I get offended when I get accused of doing something I didn't do, It's the way I was wired from the factory.

Just calling a spade a spade. Show me one post on this thread where you are against this bill. It " mouthy fuckers " like me that will call a beet a beet

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Davey is your land have property sections lines established so that we could drive in t posts. I would gladly help anyone who wishes to post thier land with either option.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

You still haven’t answered any of our questions. All you are doing is sending people harassing direct messages, cool down man! I comprehend fully the issue you have but you still haven’t explained how you are not able to press charges on trespassers? If you have posters up and you see someone on your land why don’t you call the sheriff immediately to come charge them? They may not get booked for hunting on posted land but they are still charged with trespassing. If you want to send a message turn these dam people in instead of harassing us via direct message! You are the one not comprehending any of this discussion.

- - - Updated - - -

Davey,

I’ll state these questions simply so you can comprehend them:

1. Have you ever contacted the sheriff to turn in trespassers on your land? If not, did you just run them off your land and not turn them in?

2. Do you understand that there are two separate laws already on the books that make it (one) illegal to trespass and (two) illegal to hunt properly posted land?

We are not calling you a liar about what happened on your land we just don’t understand why you didn’t turn these people in. This isn’t a dogpile or trying to be mouthy, just trying to get the facts!

FishFinder97

★ Legendary Member
I am not in favor of this at all, my family has a farm thats just about a full section or so. We post all of it because we hunt it and only let really close friends on because we’ve been burned before. However it’s the only place we hunt and it really doesn’t take much work to post and we invested in orange metal signs which were spendy but are easy to see and should last a while unless people steal or shoot them. All that being said I not a fan of taking away opportunities for sportsmen without land or the option for farmers who don’t want to deal with phone calls to just leave it unposted.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Davey,

Quite honestly, I fail to see any advantages for you in this current piece of legislation. It doesn't make the Sheriff or Wardens do their job, nor does it encourage you to pursue trespassers. The ONE and ONLY thing it does is remove the requirement for the landowner to post their land.

Hamm's

Founding Member
Founding Member
If this bill passes, I think I'll start looking for meat that was raised out of state. They don't care about me, why should I care about them? While I'm at it, maybe before the next election I should start an initiated measure to require farmers/ranchers to pay property taxes on their homes and farm/ranch property. Fair is fair, right? My taxes have helped them through various programs over the years, and I had no problem with that, but since they now want to keep me away from what I love, my generosity is waning. I miss the old days when we were all in this together.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Davey,

1. Have you ever contacted the sheriff to turn in trespassers on your land? If not, did you just run them off your land and not turn them in?

2. Do you understand that there are two separate laws already on the books that make it (one) illegal to trespass and (two) illegal to hunt properly posted land?

We are not calling you a liar about what happened on your land we just don’t understand why you didn’t turn these people in. This isn’t a dogpile or trying to be mouthy, just trying to get the facts!

It's you with comprehension issues , I'll copy and paste what I already said since you evidently failed to comprehend it the first time.

So you don’t bother to call a game warden or sheriff when people are trespassing, but you are on here multiple days to advocate a no trespass bill? You realize if this bill passes you will still need to call in these trespassers? None of your posts make any sense that’s why we are jumping all over you.

I already told you , Here is the copy and paste: . Hopped in my pickup and caught up with them and run them out and took down license plate # and I called game warden with license number and vehicle description when I got home and he said he was going to take action on it , Never heard back but saw him a couple weeks later and his story was then that there was only one of him and the hills are full of poachers so he had been real busy .

You said :

AND the second guy I told about: He was defensive and wouldn't tell me his name I just told him to GTFO and never come back, He tucked his tail and walked away. It took me a while but I finally found out who he was and he had migrated here from NY. and was working in the area . Not so sure if he even had a license. Pretty sure LEOs would be real impressed if I called them and told them there was a short fat guy with a moustache and glasses wearing blaze orange that was trespassing this afternoon but I don't know who he was or what he was driving.

- - - Updated - - -

Just calling a spade a spade. Show me one post on this thread where you are against this bill. It " mouthy fuckers " like me that will call a beet a beet

Show me one post where I have said I am for it. Have said many times that I am middle ground on this and probably always will be . that until I see the final draft I am not going to shoot from the hip and yes or no. I have another good one to tell but it's hockey night , I'll save it for later.

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
No offense Davey but part of the problem is guys who are probably too nice...like yourself.... ive heard it a million times. Ah thats blah blahs kids. Id turn em in but i dont want to get anyone in trouble. Or grandma gives permission and so does two of her sons so the next day regardless of the land being posted its still a giant shit show. Or a group of out of area hunters gain permission and local yocal shows up and claims he has permission too. Even though he doesnt.....until our wardens, sheriffs departments and landowners actually start taking enforcement seriously a new law isnt going to change anything..... my 02.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Davey,

It's you with comprehension issues , I'll copy and paste what I already said since you evidently failed to comprehend it the first time.

I already told you , Here is the copy and paste: . Hopped in my pickup and caught up with them and run them out and took down license plate # and I called game warden with license number and vehicle description when I got home and he said he was going to take action on it , Never heard back but saw him a couple weeks later and his story was then that there was only one of him and the hills are full of poachers so he had been real busy .

You said :

AND the second guy I told about: He was defensive and wouldn't tell me his name I just told him to GTFO and never come back, He tucked his tail and walked away. It took me a while but I finally found out who he was and he had migrated here from NY. and was working in the area . Not so sure if he even had a license. Pretty sure LEOs would be real impressed if I called them and told them there was a short fat guy with a moustache and glasses wearing blaze orange that was trespassing this afternoon but I don't know who he was or what he was driving.

- - - Updated - - -

Show me one post where I have said I am for it. Have said many times that I am middle ground on this and probably always will be . that until I see the final draft I am not going to shoot from the hip and yes or no. I have another good one to tell but it's hockey night , I'll save it for later.

I don’t feel sorry for your stupidity. There is no reason we should have to listen to you complain on this site if you are not willing to do something about your problems. You are worse than a whinny child. If you wanted something done about trespassers you should have called the sheriff the moment you saw them on your land. Why confront them and let them run off, let the sheriff deal with it. Like many said before if all land was automatically posted these people would still have done what they did.

Finally, quit harassing me via direct message if you have something to say then say it in front of all of us.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Love letter from Davey Crockofshit

hey

You hit a nerve when you claim to know what I think . The amendments haven't even became public information yet and you are trying to tell the world that you know my mind is made up ? I'll tell you when my mind is made up and I sure as fuck won't sugar coat it to you or anybody else just to to be part of the gang or friends with the masses. That's the way I roll. Mouthy fuckers like you are part of the problem and incline me to not give a shit as much as I used to about hunters that are not as fortunate as me.​

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 196
  • This month: 158
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93