No Trespass Law

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Signs or no signs, posted or not posted, new law posting everything, does nothing to the guys already breaking the laws.
I own a quarter in northern Minnesota, all crop land, likely holds no game, if a buck happens across it I sure don’t want a phone call from 420 miles away asking to shoot it. I’ve never hunted it, never will. The guy that rents it may or may not get calls, or give a shit either.

We have a good thing going in ND, lets not fix a problem we dont have.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
SMH I'll bow out of this discussion until the final draft is released and then I will tell you my opinion of the measure. If you claim to know what I am thinking and you are wrong I take that as you accusing me of something I didn't do so be ready for pushback when you push that button. I come here for civil discussion and tell it the way it is and get dogpiled by people that can not comprehend what they read and then start name calling. You can dish it out and then play the victim card quite well . I really laid in on migrator man hard I mean I feel sorry for the guy that he got picked on so bad by me . Maybe you should start a go fund me so you can get psychological therapy if I have caused that much damage.

Here is my exact harassing direct message to Migrator man

"You might want to sharpen your comprehension skills because from what I see you suck at it . You jump to a lot of conclusions."

Migrator man said: Finally, quit harassing me via direct message if you have something to say then say it in front of all of us.

I am sportsman enough to slide away from this discussion until the final draft of this bill is released to the public, If anyone here knows what the drastic changes that change this bill are please post them. The major overhaul may or may not change the whole meaning of this bill and until I see that I am not on board with anything. WTH is so hard to understand about that ? migrater and obi all you are doing is making an ass out of yourself by acting like a cry baby and playing the victim card. Embarrassing for me as a sportsman to see other so called sportsmen act this way. Later girls , I'll jump back on this topic when the final draft is released and I'll give my opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Love letter from Davey Crockofshit

hey

You hit a nerve when you claim to know what I think . The amendments haven't even became public information yet and you are trying to tell the world that you know my mind is made up ? I'll tell you when my mind is made up and I sure as fuck won't sugar coat it to you or anybody else just to to be part of the gang or friends with the masses. That's the way I roll. Mouthy fuckers like you are part of the problem and incline me to not give a shit as much as I used to about hunters that are not as fortunate as me.​

Name calling is 5th grade stuff , Grow up and act like a man . I stand behind what I said and I meant it.

Last edited:

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
So why do you always get to decide the way it is and call a spade a spade and the second any one else does they are ass holes?

Last edited:

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am telling the way it is on my end of land ownership Nothing more nothing less

- - - Updated - - -

I get to decide what my opinion is That I do know , My opinion makes no difference what happens with this bill This is not up for public vote.

- - - Updated - - -

I respect everyone else's opinion but when you say there is NO problem that is fine for you to say but try owning property in a recreation township close to the reservation. I get what everyone else is trying to say, I really do. That doesn't incline me to jump on the bandwagon of a bill that is in the middle of an overhaul that I know nothing about. I'll choose sides when the time comes.

Last edited:

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
owning property in a recreation township close to the reservation
Still have relatives farming on the res. What a crazy ass place. I could tell you some crazy stories, but not in print or near a recorder.

Things could be better in a perfect world, but this bill goes the wrong direction. The only thing it will do is drive a very large wedge between landowners and sportsmen. This nation is becoming more divided every year. This is just another nail in the unity coffin.

Edit: In my perfect little imaginary world posted signs would have twelve squares across the top numbered and representing months. Landowners could black out months they didn't want anyone hunting. Black them all out, black out September through December, black out November, whatever, but maybe it would leave winter months open for coyote, or September open for upland etc. A comment box for the landowner on the bottom would be nice: NO, MAYBE, ASK, HECK NO.

Last edited:

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
This bill still just amazes me. For one reason on top of it all. The ag community is going to get the absolute shit over this. Nobody is going to give a fuck about a farmer except a farmer. It’s going to be a PR nightmare for ag. Especially now with the internet

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
You were right when you said last week or when ever it was that this doesn't have a chance of passing. I'm curious to know what changes are being made to the wording.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
This bill still just amazes me. For one reason on top of it all. The ag community is going to get the absolute shit over this. Nobody is going to give a fuck about a farmer except a farmer. It’s going to be a PR nightmare for ag. Especially now with the internet

I am convinced that our property (especially the posting signage) will get vandalized/abused if this passes, because right now there's genuine motivation for the average Joe to care about the average farmer. Mutual respect type thing.

This bill WILL degrade that relationship - no doubt in my mind. There's going to be a lot more people with a chip on their shoulder on both sides should this pass.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Only one news article since last Fridays meetings and that was from the rapid City Journal who I really doubt even had a reporter attend.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
To me, changing a pile of crap into a different shape, applying deodorant, and giving it a different name doesn't change it into anything but a pile of crap. This bill, in whatever form, just needs to go away. There is and was, no upside to the original bill, and I suspect there will be no upside to any changes to it. Hopefully the committee will see this as well.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I suspect the same KDM but neither of us know that for positive until we see the final draft. I have a snapshot of my property that I want to PM you but can't seem to find the right buttons to push. Not that I would punish you that bad to take you up on your gracious offer but for discussion sake to take a look at the good the bad and the ugly. If someone wants to share with me how to PM a google earth snapshot that would be good , I'm running out of ideas.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I suspect the same KDM but neither of us know that for positive until we see the final draft. I have a snapshot of my property that I want to PM you but can't seem to find the right buttons to push. Not that I would punish you that bad to take you up on your gracious offer but for discussion sake to take a look at the good the bad and the ugly. If someone wants to share with me how to PM a google earth snapshot that would be good , I'm running out of ideas.

I'm not scared. Dealing with intertwined patches of prickly ash, wild grape, ironwood, and other misc. fallen brush is what I deal with every year in MN. Good equipment and a bit of elbow grease can do wonders. However, I'd sure like to see the scope of the issue so I can plan the logistics. Thanks!!

njsimonson

Founding Member
Founding Member
You're all correct...this alleged compromise has not been released (yet), but the proponents of SB 2315 had no issue hyping it up last week, despite having NO IDEA what's in it, beyond some napkin scribbles after Erbele came back hat-in-hand to the committee looking for any sort of win for his big money buddies. My fear is the electronic proposal touted by them will add a layer of complexity, confusion, will frustrate landowner efforts to effectively post their land, and cause further unintended trespass and ultimately, will not prevent poachers and trespassers from breaking the law, while hurting hunter access and the G&F's bottom line. But...I haven't seen the bill yet. Keep pushing NO on SB 2315.

I'd be more in favor of the alleged electronic "compromise" system if: 1) all land started out as unposted; 2) land could be electronically posted and unposted on a weekly basis (ie: post for deer gun season, but open for late-season pheasant); 3) it was easy to manage for the IT group it is assigned to 4) it didn't cost a ton of money that was put on sportsmen; 5) the GIS program was available in phone and chip format (with periodic updates) and, probably most importantly 6) we had two more years to figure it all out and get it right, instead of it being just slopped together in some out-of-public-sight hoghouse bill which I fully anticipate will happen. The latter is the biggest concern.

Rumor had it the vote count was Nay 30, Yay 17 or so with a couple up in the air on the original SB 2315, thanks in great part to the people here and elsewhere hammering legislators on the topic. Statements such as "I've received 10 emails for SB 2315 for every 1 for any other bill" were frequent from legislators and "most were opposed" was the sentiment. We'll keep that pressure up if the new version looks like garbage. Stay tuned...

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nick, thanks for what you do. I've been after my 3 reps and haven't heard a peep back from any of them. Personally I don't want to see any version of this bill passed but I would be ok with the system you described.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why is it so hard for legislators to see "special interest groups" for what they are. Special stuff for special people that think they are special. Especially for the exceptionally special special interest groups that think they are so special that the non-special folks should bend to their especially special needs. I think these exceptionally special special interest groups need a specially padded room specifically specialized to be special for their exceptionally special needs. Does that make me special???

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88