No Trespass Law

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Oh so true Shorthair, that's why I said that he was talking like a politician.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
That gives me new hope. I can get them to send but the land measurement doesn't show up after the satellite image has been sent.

Davey, if you are using a PC and not your phone, download a program called "Snipping Tool". Actually, I wonder if Windows 10 doesn't come with its own snipping tool. What it does is allow you to draw a rectangle on your monitor and save it as an image. This will keep your distance measurements in Google Earth.

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks for the update, Nick! I think its vital to restate to everyone here...Now is the time to push this over the finish line and kill this. If you havent already, email at a minimum your local reps. Along with the senate ag committee, and the entire senate.

I understand the issue isnt going away. And i'm not totally against incorporating the PLOTS app into this. Could be a nice feature to "switch off" and "switch on" private lands, although some may claim ignorance just as they do now. "I never saw the sign = it wasn't posted online when i entered the field" Although electronic time stamps should be able to confirm this. And the "meet in the middle" would be that all land would be automatically open, unless E-posted by the LANDOWNER. Not the tenant.

Good discussions. Keep the pressure on, and the ideas coming.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
You're all correct...this alleged compromise has not been released (yet), but the proponents of SB 2315 had no issue hyping it up last week, despite having NO IDEA what's in it..

Thanks Monson for the update , Are they holding committee meetings on a daily basis or What is a deal ? , Both sides have no problem hyping it all up despite having NO IDEA what's in it. I was looking at another website and it's a total shit show , Makes this site look tame . Weeding through all the BS I see valid points on both sides . As a matter of fact I can read post 100 looking at this from both sides of the coin and it's equally the same . Middle ground is good for me , I will be ok either way it's decided. Keep us posted, I wish there was live or recorded footage of the committee meetings.

BBQBluesMan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks Monson for the update , Are they holding committee meetings on a daily basis or What is a deal ? , Both sides have no problem hyping it all up despite having NO IDEA what's in it. I was looking at another website and it's a total shit show , Makes this site look tame . Weeding through all the BS I see valid points on both sides . As a matter of fact I can read post 100 looking at this from both sides of the coin and it's equally the same . Middle ground is good for me , I will be ok either way it's decided. Keep us posted, I wish there was live or recorded footage of the committee meetings.

which website?

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I saw people yacking back and forth on facebook , The more yacking the further both sides are divided on this subject and that is a loss loss for both sides There is no win win but keeping the loss to a minimum is important .

BBQBluesMan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ok gotcha. I was just curious because couldn't really think of another website where this would be discussed. I don't have the facebook so cant go read through the discussion haha.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
ND Stockmans Association facebook page is pushing it hard.
Their talking points are the same pointless arguments. Yes you can’t go and have a bbq in anyone’s back yard, but you still have to 1. Ask them to leave because they are not welcome and 2. Call the police to come enforce the trespass law. In the end you need to turn trespassers in not mater if your land is voluntarily posted or automatically posted. None of the trespassing problems will be solved because of this bill.

Also saw the Ultimate Outdoors Adventures tv show came out in favor of the law. Some of us are not as privileged to have a tv show that pays for them to hunt on outfitters land. They totally disregard that the common man hunter may never have those same opportunities as the tv show host. I for one will not be watching their show anymore. This is why I started watching Randy Newberg because he hunts only public land that is open to all of us and actually care about preserving our cherished public access opportunities.

fireone

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have been trying to follow this no trespass bill but it is difficult because neither Erble nor the NS Stockmen's Association have given any details of how it would work. Just no trespass. The bill has a fiscal note that would cost NDGF $1.1 million the first biennium and $890,000 K in the next biennium. So does that have to be voted in the Appropriations Committee? Lots of info not getting out to the public.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ultimate outdoor adventures will no longer watched at my house my television. Wait until their sponsors get wnd of their declining viewers they may change their minds

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have been trying to follow this no trespass bill but it is difficult because neither Erble nor the NS Stockmen's Association have given any details of how it would work. Just no trespass. The bill has a fiscal note that would cost NDGF $1.1 million the first biennium and $890,000 K in the next biennium. So does that have to be voted in the Appropriations Committee? Lots of info not getting out to the public.

Do you have a link to the NDGF cost ? That's the most info. I have heard about this bill since it was introduced. Hard to wrap my head around how they have released the cost for the first two bienniums without releasing details about the procedure or how it would work.

fireone

★★★★★ Legendary Member
https://www.legis.nd.gov/assembly/66-2019/fiscal-notes/19-0896-01000-fn.pdf

. State fiscal effect: Identify the state fiscal effect and the fiscal effect on agency appropriations compared to fundinglevels and appropriations anticipated under current law.2017-2019 Biennium 2019-2021 Biennium 2021-2023 BienniumGeneral Fund Other Funds General Fund Other Funds General Fund Other FundsRevenues $0 $0Expenditures $1,142,000 $892,000Appropriations $1,142,000 $892,000

Copy-paste didn't work so well I guess. Check out the link.

- - - Updated - - -

The NDGF legislative bill page is posting that HB-1428 failed today, 38-54. Good news and hopefully same for 2315

Would establish a Missouri River council to provide for the acquisition and management of the shoreline of the Missouri River. Failed house.
38-54

Boondoggle

Do you have a link to the NDGF cost ? That's the most info. I have heard about this bill since it was introduced. Hard to wrap my head around how they have released the cost for the first two bienniums without releasing details about the procedure or how it would work.

I'm glad the fiscal note was brought up because I've been waiting to post. Thebill includes a fiscal note that estimates the cost of the proposeddatabase. The estimated cost to build and maintain a database of unknownparticipation appears reasonable to me.

Here are a few key things I gathered from the fiscal note:

-$250K to build the database and mapping application.
-$892 for 6 new FTE to administer landowner agreements and database/mapping application.
-Add them up and it's $1.142M for 2019-2021 biennium
-$892K for the 2021-2023 biennium (without database construction)
-Average those numbers and it's roughly $500K/year for the first 4 years.

-The fiscal agreement estimates 3,166 posting agreements, equating to a cost of roughly $160/posting agreement.

-Assuming 140K licenses and $500K/year budget, that equates to roughly a $3.50 license fee increase. There's no way the legislature will appropriate millions for a hunting database. If license numbers decrease in the future, expect license fees to fund the database would increase.

*The proposed database grows government by 6 FTE at a time when state government is offering voluntary separation incentives to reduce its size. We don't even know what will be included in the database/mapping application.

*An opt-in "no hunting" database would be ridiculously expensive and that's why it wasn't proposed. Signs are much cheaper.

**The most important line of the fiscal note is on page 2, 3B. "This does not provide an authentication solution to verify the landowner, lessee, partnership (trust, life estate, LLC/LLP)." I'm not an attorney, but that's a significant statement IMO. The State's database/mapping application could be in error. The State would be transferring the burden of verifying legal land ownership on to you and me. At least Plots lands are
verified by signs.

The database proposal should be an easy defeat. It's too expensive and it doesn't include a land ownership authentication solution.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
At $160 for each landowner posting it would be a lot cheaper for the Game and Fish to mail posted signs to those who wish to post their land. At least that gets rid of "so expensive to post" gripe that some landowners have.

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
"Also saw the Ultimate Outdoors Adventures tv show came out in favor of the law. Some of us are not as privileged to have a tv show that pays for them to hunt on outfitters land. They totally disregard that the common man hunter may never have those same opportunities as the tv show host. I for one will not be watching their show anymore. This is why I started watching Randy Newberg because he hunts only public land that is open to all of us and actually care about preserving our cherished public access opportunities."

These guys for a long time have NOT represented the vast majority of people who enjoy the outdoors. Their interests are about as far as you can get from folks like most of us here.

Nick Simonson, KDM, and others, thank you very much for the informative updates and the contact info. All we can do is make our individual and collective voices heard for as long as possible. Keep the conversation going even after this legislative session is over. This isn't going away.

Holmsvc

Founding Member
Founding Member
Also saw the Ultimate Outdoors Adventures tv show came out in favor of the law. Some of us are not as privileged to have a tv show that pays for them to hunt on outfitters land. They totally disregard that the common man hunter may never have those same opportunities as the tv show host. I for one will not be watching their show anymore. This is why I started watching Randy Newberg because he hunts only public land that is open to all of us and actually care about preserving our cherished public access opportunities.

He put out another video trying to make it sound like he wasn't taking sides on this, he was just stating that he sees both sides. I am guessing he only made that video after some people started to tell him and hopefully some of his sponsors that they would no longer be watching his show.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hate whispering, it’s like fingernails on a black board.
I also despise the arrogance of these tv hunting fags.

Thats just me, if you enjoy watching some queers try to sell you the sponsored items they are whispering about, by all means continue.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 90
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 42
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33