Number 1 Game and Fish violation in 2021.....

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
(drum roll)......failure to carry license (256)
Way to go Williams county....2nd in getting handed tickets smh
Any whats up in Ramsey county????? Holy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Counties with the most violations were Ramsey (399), Williams (132) and Benson (125).

• Boating (846): inadequate number of personal flotation devices (247); failure to display boat registration (92); and use of unlicensed/unnumbered boat (63).
  • Licensing (493): failure to carry license (256) and hunting/fishing/trapping without proper license (213).
  • Fishing (406): aquatic nuisance species violations (137) and exceeding limit (81).
  • Small game (243): using shotgun capable of holding more than three shells (70) and failure to leave identification of game (62).
  • General (209): hunting on posted land without permission (58); use of motor vehicle off established trail (55); and loaded firearm in vehicle (48).
  • Miscellaneous (182): criminal trespass (71); minor in possession (30); and possession of a controlled substance (30).
  • Big game (170): CWD violations (20); tagging violations (18); and failure to wear fluorescent orange (17).
  • Wildlife management areas/refuge (82): Failure to obey posted regulations (50).
  • Furbearer (18): Shining (using artificial light) (7).

Rut2much

Founding Member
Founding Member
Any whats up in Ramsey county????? Holy

Just think of all the people that come to devils lake from MN, little MN, and WI to summer and spring fish and therein lies your answer.

Last edited:

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
CWD violations leads big game violations by a long shot. So stupid. Game and fish wiping out entire deer herds with sharpshooters = ok. A dude bringing his deer head across county/unit lines = bad. Wow

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
What the hell is a cwd violation?

Either baiting/using luring scents in one of the units closed to baiting/scents, OR, moving any part of the brain/spinal column out of one of the CWD designated units or from out of state.

Spent a couple of days doing this in order to bring intact deer skulls rather than just skull caps back from MT:

6EE4BFAC-7C3A-4331-9D54-ECA921605931.jpg

Fun fact. Large rectangular "buffet" warming bins will hold 1 elk skull or 2 deer skulls for boiling. Use a "turkey cooker" burner to heat the water.

7BE8B163-1688-4EB1-AF6B-8AB8EA82D17E.jpg

Last edited:

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I’ll be damned…I thought FOR SURE the number one violation would be PROSTITUTION!!!

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Either baiting/using luring scents in one of the units closed to baiting/scents, OR, moving any part of the brain/spinal column out of one of the CWD designated units or from out of state.

Spent a couple of days doing this in order to bring intact deer skulls rather than just skull caps back from MT:

YgaMmBfMxc9m.png

Fun fact. Large rectangular "buffet" warming bins will hold 1 elk skull or 2 deer skulls for boiling. Use a "turkey cooker" burner to heat the water.

full-553-201819-1000002920.jpg

curious as to why that part of the process needed to be done there. Weren’t the skulls already missing the regulated parts? brain/vertebrae?

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
curious as to why that part of the process needed to be done there. Weren’t the skulls already missing the regulated parts? brain/vertebrae?

The boiling isn't necessary. A warden told me for it to be legal you need to remove the hide / muscles, eyes, lower jaw, brain, and vertebrae. I guess CWD prions live only in the face of an animal.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know.

That’s why I asked about doing the boiling part out in the field. A lot of extra crap to drag to another state - and hassle to do on site vs home.

- - - Updated - - -

SDMF isn’t usually known for doing things unnecessarily.

BP338

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know.

That’s why I asked about doing the boiling part out in the field. A lot of extra crap to drag to another state - and hassle to do on site vs home.

- - - Updated - - -

For me it would be better to boil in the field than at home. Less to deal with at home I guess.

We do it with the heads we bring back from mexico. But that's a whole different ball game...

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
A lot of extra crap to drag to another state - and hassle to do on site vs home.

It's been a "better safe than sorry" situation. Neither of us looked deeply into what needs to be done, but we knew there's no way we'd have a problem doing what we did.

As far as the "stuff" goes, it's kind of like the 2nd spare tire. You make/leave space because you know that piece of gear is going.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
For me it would be better to boil in the field than at home. Less to deal with at home I guess.

We do it with the heads we bring back from mexico. But that's a whole different ball game...

if a person has the time while on the hunt then yes, doing skulls is sorta fun to do for guys like me

but doing it on a hunt seems like wasted time for most people/situations

I'd rather pop in/out of the house at home babysitting the process vs wherever I'm at on an a hunt away from home - unless I'm bored and stuck somewhere for other reasons

anywho - I was just curious and got my answer - carry on

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
In the pictured cases, tags were all filled w/a few days left before we had to be home so no issue regarding missing out on anything other than maybe trying to shoot a few varmints.

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Plus its nicer to take a clean skull home vs a tacky bloody one i suppose.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88