Game and Fish Violations 2017

BBQBluesMan

Founding Member
Founding Member
So is the coyote/fox loaded gun deal in the proclamation or century code? I have checked both and couldn't find anything. Have always heard it was legal, but never read it in writing haha. Internet high five for anyone who can post the law.

This is all I could find...

28. Aircraft, Motor-driven Vehicles, and Lights

No person may carry a firearm with a cartridge in the chamber in or on a motor-driven vehicle while hunting, except as otherwise provided by law.

Last edited:

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
62.1-02-10. Carrying loaded firearm in certain vehicles prohibited - Penalty -Exceptions.

An individual may not keep or carry a loaded firearm in or on any motor vehicle, including an off-highway vehicle or snowmobile in this state. An individual violating this section is guilty of a class B misdemeanor.

This prohibition does not apply to:
1. A member of the armed forces of the United States or national guard, organizedreserves, state defense forces, or state guard organizations while possessing thefirearm issued to the member by the organization and while on official duty.
2. A law enforcement officer.
3. An individual possessing a valid concealed weapons license from this state or who hasreciprocity under section 62.1-04-03.1 with a handgun, or with a rifle or shotgun if notin the field hunting or trapping.
4. An individual in the field engaged in lawful hunting or trapping of nongame species orfur-bearing animals.
5. A security guard or private investigator properly licensed to carry firearms.
6. An individual possessing a valid special permit issued pursuant to section 20.1-02-05.

HighFiveEmoji.jpg

Last edited:

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
62.1-02-10. Carrying loaded firearm in certain vehicles prohibited - Penalty -Exceptions.

An individual may not keep or carry a loaded firearm in or on any motor vehicle, including an off-highway vehicle or snowmobile in this state. An individual violating this section is guilty of a class B misdemeanor.

This prohibition does not apply to:
1. A member of the armed forces of the United States or national guard, organizedreserves, state defense forces, or state guard organizations while possessing thefirearm issued to the member by the organization and while on official duty.
2. A law enforcement officer.
3. An individual possessing a valid concealed weapons license from this state or who hasreciprocity under section 62.1-04-03.1 with a handgun, or with a rifle or shotgun if notin the field hunting or trapping.
4. An individual in the field engaged in lawful hunting or trapping of nongame species orfur-bearing animals.
5. A security guard or private investigator properly licensed to carry firearms.
6. An individual possessing a valid special permit issued pursuant to section 20.1-02-05.

HighFiveEmoji.jpg

What is the definition of " in the field " ?
What is the definition of " engaged " ?

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
don't believe they are clearly defined. that would be for the trier of fact to determine based on the evidence presented.

gonefshn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had a couple buddies it get a violation at the game check for not having a wing on the pheasants. Even though each package had 4 breasts, two left legs without a spur, and two right legs with a spur (in other words only an IDIOT wouldn't know they weren't male pheasants). ND really needs to change that part of the law. You get to keep a 4 day limit and there needs to be a better way to package them. Birds rot fast compared to some other meats. To travel to our state and then to have to keep your birds basically unthawed due to this rule when you can freeze them in ziplocks easily identifiable with their spurs and parts doesn't make sense. We'd been going out west opening weekend for over 40 years. Every now and then we'd hit the Sunday game check and every time in the past they'd mention this. But they always said: The law says you have to do this, but it's pretty clear you're not in violation. You probably should package them differently because someday you might run into a warden who's on a ticket drive or who's a Barney. I guess 2017 was the year of "The G&F Barney". Luckily I missed it. I usually stay a couple more days and tend to miss the opening weekend revenue generator. Sad part was these two had even kept wings and stuff for the G n F survey packets. For the last time needless to say.

labhunter66

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had a couple buddies it get a violation at the game check for not having a wing on the pheasants. Even though each package had 4 breasts, two left legs without a spur, and two right legs with a spur (in other words only an IDIOT wouldn't know they weren't male pheasants). ND really needs to change that part of the law. You get to keep a 4 day limit and there needs to be a better way to package them. Birds rot fast compared to some other meats. To travel to our state and then to have to keep your birds basically unthawed due to this rule when you can freeze them in ziplocks easily identifiable with their spurs and parts doesn't make sense. We'd been going out west opening weekend for over 40 years. Every now and then we'd hit the Sunday game check and every time in the past they'd mention this. But they always said: The law says you have to do this, but it's pretty clear you're not in violation. You probably should package them differently because someday you might run into a warden who's on a ticket drive or who's a Barney. I guess 2017 was the year of "The G&F Barney". Luckily I missed it. I usually stay a couple more days and tend to miss the opening weekend revenue generator. Sad part was these two had even kept wings and stuff for the G n F survey packets. For the last time needless to say.

Only an idiot would keep legs without spurs. Every male pheasant has spurs on both legs. If your buddies had legs without spurs they killed a hen.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
ha ha ha - that’s an easy way to get a ticket

sounds like you guys had been getting off easy for years and now you blame G&F?

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
Once game seasons close there is always a loaded rifle in my truck. I’m always yote hunting even if I’m just going to work.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Only an idiot would keep legs without spurs. Every male pheasant has spurs on both legs. If your buddies had legs without spurs they killed a hen.
Yeah I did the old Scooby-Doo rah roo when I saw that and had to reread it to make sure I didn't mess it up or something. That's like having a quartered deer in your truck with balls on the leg and the does is head in the Box.

gonefshn

Founding Member
Founding Member
ha ha ha - that’s an easy way to get a ticket

sounds like you guys had been getting off easy for years and now you blame G&F?

I was just saying most of the times the wardens are really decent and go by the intent which is to be easily identifiable as roosters. But every now and then you run into the rule is the rule dude who writes a ticket for the petty details when it’s clear your following the intent of the law. Which is unfortunate.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think he was trying to say they left on one leg each with a spur ???? Anyway we have been down a road similiar to which they wanted wings and legs. And then it was like the proc says "or". Just a comment to harrass as they didnt fine us.

Took out a empty beer bottle for a pic (had a pheasant beer on the front of the bottle) GW stops by went nuts after seeing the empty beer bottle. It was like - go ahead and check all of our trucks -- that was the only empty we had.

Most of my experiences have been good. One stop when we were at east bay --- we had a limit of nice ones --- GW asks my son how many did you catch; he looked at me and then answered the GW half of em. (he caught the majority of them). Good boy.

Then it was deer hunting in Richland Co --- We all carried rifles we all had filled our tags cept one of us --- no we were not doing any party hunting - it just was a force of habit - had to have a rifle. I didnt have a furbearer tag either --- GW says what are you hunting for - i said rabbit (300 mag) -- he looked at me and said good answer -- any other answer would of been a 100bucks.

wby257

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sound like you know the law and just chose to do it your way. Make it easy on yourself and just do what the law requires and no ticket.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looks like my day is complete I made a little snowflake cry with my two posts on this thread and he left me a little neg rep. The butt hurt runs deep with this mommas boy

"Third times a charm. Do you even read these threads before you answer Gramps".

i read the thread did you?

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looks like my day is complete I made a little snowflake cry with my two posts on this thread and he left me a little neg rep. The butt hurt runs deep with this mommas boy

"Third times a charm. Do you even read these threads before you answer Gramps".

i read the thread did you?

I am somewhat confused which of your posts would set someone off?

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
You would have to go back a few months to another thread but a little snowflake on this site must have gotten a little sand in their vagina over my comments and bad reps me whenever she builds up enough love to dish out another, and in typical snowflake fashion is to scared to sign them.
I am somewhat confused which of your posts would set someone off?

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
You know who ever is doing it is reading this with blood boiling just waiting to be able to neg rep you again. That is funny

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
You know who ever is doing it is reading this with blood boiling just waiting to be able to neg rep you again. That is funny

she will have to stew in her own juices until she builds up enough love. Maybe now would be a good time to bring back that old thread.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84