Nwt Mobridge

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
They have to carry gas to make that?

- - - Updated - - -

With the wind dieing wonder if that flats bite way south will to

If it is truly 100 miles, they probably need extra fuel. Those 300-350 Verados on a 21 foot boat will get about 2.5 mpg around 4000-4500 rpm. They might get 3mpg if they are only running about 25mph. If they got the hammer dropped they might get 2 mpg.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
From what I heard the hammer was dropped so they must bring gas along. I believe it as I GPS some distance on Google earth a few years ago when they were here.

pluggin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not sure you might be right. Put the numbers to it. That is a lot of gas to carry on board!

tacoman

Founding Member
Founding Member
They fill up with fuel at Spring Creek marina. The marina has a pump at the dock.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why not just let them trailer their boats? Oh, that's right, that's hoe you sell 350hp motors.

MarbleEyez

Founding Member
Founding Member
120 miles, 1 way... That is insane! I just can't believe that there isn't any fish closer. I find it really hard to believe that it's taking a run of 100+ miles to find active fish. You can't tell me that there isn't a pile of spots that are significantly closer that have a few fish on them.

But then again, I'm not a "Pro NWT" Walleye Fisherman

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Every year they are here some one runs that far so it really is no surprise. And fishing has been supper slow up and down all of Oahe in SD so looks like it is working out so far.

Loebs lake cabin

Founding Member
Founding Member
The same size fish are considerably heavier down south and the overs are more abundant.. 19" way south is 3lbs compared to 2.5lbs here if he's healthy, that's huge in a slot tourney!

- - - Updated - - -

I've been watching this morning and not one boat came north of Locke, which isn't real surprising.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
So did chad more or less call out while on stage yesterday. Heard some rumbling about spot being coyotes.

Loebs lake cabin

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can't remover exactly what he said but did say there were boats on his spots I believe.. While went from 4 something to over 18 yesterday .. Lol

Pinecone

Founding Member
Founding Member
will be interesting to see how it plays out! wonder if J P can put another bag together, 3 days in a row would be impressive. I'm pullin for Chad

Loebs lake cabin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Jp said he was consistantly pulling 20lb bags when it was flat out.. The fish from down south look totally different from the fish around mobridge. If those guys get those fish to go south it will be tough for anyone north but it's fishing so you never know

Plain Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't understand why "weekend warriors" have to pirate these spots. They are fishing for a lot of money, go fish somewhere else for your eaters. :mad: If you want to mess with someone at least find someone who isn't a local guy.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't understand why "weekend warriors" have to pirate these spots. They are fishing for a lot of money, go fish somewhere else for your eaters. :mad: If you want to mess with someone at least find someone who isn't a local guy.

Just because they're not in the tournament doesn't mean they can't fish next to a pro. If the pro wanted the spot to himself bad enough, he could always motor over and explain his situation. A couple of "free guide days" coupons might be a good idea.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 90
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 47
  • This month: 42
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33