October's Agent Orange Awaren

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
October is Agent Orange Awareness Month

Lost many of my friends either in Vietnam or has since died from Agent Orange and its cancer causing effects.
Guessing, many of you, also know someone, that has suffered its ill effects.

1696172757859.png

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nothing good came from that dumpster fire of a war. Just like nothing good came from Iraq and Afghanistan. Just a pile of pain, suffering, and flag covered coffins. Recruitment into all branches of the military is WAY DOWN and no small wonder why. SMH.................. My heart goes out to all those who suffered both during the wars and who are still suffering because of the wars. May you find peace.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Came home and expected a certain reception when I went to the local bar. Did not happen and drank next to a passed out nam vet that night. Just me and him for a couple of hours with very little conversation. He knew the story and how it was working. Nobody came over to us. No one bought me a beer.

But I did adjust the next day and went to California. Moved on, put it behind me. Just the way it was for me back then.

Today it is thanks for your service, and I find now I do miss the welcome home statement with the pride and gratitude it would have bought at that time. I guess I was expecting it, but it just did not happen. Now I feel I missed out on something, and I believe I know what it is. Too late IMHO now to correct what did not happen.

I did get hurt over there and did apply for help after coming home. That help came 40 years later. Overall, the VA has been great. Not sure what they should be doing or should have done. I came home with all my body parts, did what i was trained to do and I served my country for 10 months in the bush.

A lot of people have not had that opportunity. It is a great feeling, grateful for the draft, going to nam with its lifetime experiences. db

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Came home and expected a certain reception when I went to the local bar. Did not happen and drank next to a passed out nam vet that night. Just me and him for a couple of hours with very little conversation. He knew the story and how it was working. Nobody came over to us. No one bought me a beer.

But I did adjust the next day and went to California. Moved on, put it behind me. Just the way it was for me back then.

Today it is thanks for your service, and I find now I do miss the welcome home statement with the pride and gratitude it would have bought at that time. I guess I was expecting it, but it just did not happen. Now I feel I missed out on something, and I believe I know what it is. Too late IMHO now to correct what did not happen.

I did get hurt over there and did apply for help after coming home. That help came 40 years later. Overall, the VA has been great. Not sure what they should be doing or should have done. I came home with all my body parts, did what i was trained to do and I served my country for 10 months in the bush.

A lot of people have not had that opportunity. It is a great feeling, grateful for the draft, going to nam with its lifetime experiences. db
Welcome home DB. Thank you.

Johnny Five

Lost an uncle in mid 90s. He went downhill fast. Miss him….

2015 we went to Vietnam with wife’s father, a vet. a lot of emotions on that trip. Glad we were able to experience that with him.

Thankful for all you Veterans, everyday.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
A very sad situation, and forever thankful for those past and present.
Its a shame we lost so many for no reason for what we now have going on.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member

https://www.valleynewslive.com/2023...oins-available-north-dakota-vietnam-veterans/

1697256236712.png

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
The only song by these libtards worth a shit:

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Hope to get coin from service officer. Thanks for telling cat. db

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191