Olympics?

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have been watching, enjoy the competition. Unlike most of the crappy sports people like to watch, the large bunch of these athletes devote their lives to their sports and don't become (or act like) rich a holes. There are some that do, but these is so much hard work to get to this point you have to at least respect it. I disagree with the comments on Shiffrin. First, if you watched it she was totally aside the course below the first catch fence. They skied directly after her. I wouldn't consider her a snowflake either. She's worked hard, is the best in the world, and was expected to win by the entire world. And she failed miserably in front of everyone. It's pretty damn easy to call her a snowflake from behind a keyboard when I'm guessing you or I have never had those expectations placed upon us, nor failed on that stage. But that is sports!

Curling I look at like serious bar shuffleboard! Fun to watch though I don't understand it. The downhill ski events are all amazing, that control and/or speed element is impressive. The aerobic capacity of the cross country skiers is also incredible. All hunters should have massive respect for the biathlon athletes too. Imagine your heart rate at 170 and shootin at a baseball and golf ball size target at 50 meters with a .22? Kinda like running over a hill after that big mulie and trying to shoot him at 300 yards away, heart and lungs pounding! Luge and skeleton are also fun to watch, you think they are along for the ride but are controlling the sleds precisely.

I'm not a fan of it being in China but nobody wants to host anymore due to cost. They're starting to rehash old venues because of this. Hopefully SLC can get one again! It's been interesting to see the media dance around the China issues as well. With all the political crap out there, I just watch the athletes and appreciate the efforts they put in. Nobody can argue that they didn't work hard to get there.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Watch curling tonight.
More ads than curling and that ruin it.
NBC sucks db

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Curling tonight:

Again, NBC sucked with their ads however the Canadian girls were not the best either at this point in the game. db

- - - Updated - - -

called it to soon on my part. Depends on Canada last shot. dn

- - - Updated - - -

Need to measure

- - - Updated - - -

Canada loss and nbc sucks

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Watching hockey late tonight US vs Canada

UND player Sanderson a little rusty in his first couple shifts, but now getting the hang of it. He is also used to being the best player on the ice but he still is looking good at this level too.

Just got an assist on a good play he jumped up into, announcers can’t quit talking about him.

NPO_Aaron

Founding Member
Founding Member
Uyghur genocide - Wikipedia

The fact that the US is supporting China in any way whatsoever is appalling. Not only do they hate us, but they are in the act of committing genocide as we speak. There was a time the US stood up to their enemies. Now we just support them.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
not watching because i cant stand the commercials on nbc bunch of woke idiots. I dont care if your queer but dont act like it is normal everyday life for everybody.

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
not watching because i cant stand the commercials on nbc bunch of woke idiots. I dont care if your queer but dont act like it is normal everyday life for everybody.

That's a "yahtzee"....spot on.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Finnish cross-country skier suffers frozen penis: 'The pain was unbearable'

The Olympics are always filled with interesting, heartwarming and sometimes bizarre storylines.

On Saturday, Finnish cross-country skier Remi Lindholm suffered a frozen penis during the men’s 50-kilometre mass start race in Zhangjiakou.

"You can guess which body part was a little bit frozen when I finished,” he told Finnish media. “It was one of the worst competitions I've been in. It was just about battling through.”

With howling, freezing winds making for chilling temperatures, organizers delayed the start of the race by an hour and cut the usual 50-kilometre event down by 20 kilometres. Lindholm’s thin ski suit and under-layers could not keep him from succumbing to the elements, resulting in a frozen penis by race’s end.

The 24-year-old had to use a heat pack to warm up his frosted bits after he finished the race in 28th place in just under an hour and 16 minutes in his first Olympic Games.

"When the body parts started to warm up after the finish, the pain was unbearable," he added.

Oddly enough, this isn’t even the first time that Lindholm has experienced a frozen appendage during a race, having suffered the same fate at an event in his native Finland last year.

WTF, never heard of this before.
::wowzers::

Last edited:

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member

The Olympics are always filled with interesting, heartwarming and sometimes bizarre storylines.

On Saturday, Finnish cross-country skier Remi Lindholm suffered a frozen penis during the men’s 50-kilometre mass start race in Zhangjiakou.

"You can guess which body part was a little bit frozen when I finished,” he told Finnish media. “It was one of the worst competitions I've been in. It was just about battling through.”

With howling, freezing winds making for chilling temperatures, organizers delayed the start of the race by an hour and cut the usual 50-kilometre event down by 20 kilometres. Lindholm’s thin ski suit and under-layers could not keep him from succumbing to the elements, resulting in a frozen penis by race’s end.

The 24-year-old had to use a heat pack to warm up his frosted bits after he finished the race in 28th place in just under an hour and 16 minutes in his first Olympic Games.

"When the body parts started to warm up after the finish, the pain was unbearable," he added.

Oddly enough, this isn’t even the first time that Lindholm has experienced a frozen appendage during a race, having suffered the same fate at an event in his native Finland last year.

Lightweight!!!I experienced this every time with my ex

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member

Did a triathlon once in September, cold for that time of year. Indoor swim, hopped on the bike, and started pedaling. Let me tell you, I don't think I was to this guy's level, but wetness and cold made that a miserable and frozen ride. I couldn't feel anything till the run was almost over. What is wild is they wear layers and wind tights, he must lack a little circulation down there LOL! Laughing with him, not at him, as I know pain close to it!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 32
  • This month: 21
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 14
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 11
  • This month: 10