Pheasant Numbers Up

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have been seeing alot more roosters this year as well. they are all over the place

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
After a large loss a few years ago, maybe this will be the opportunity to get them back like never before!

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
We have no birds in the western part of the state, wolves got em all.

:;:huh

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
We saw plenty of adult pheasants on the way back to Bismarck from a southwestern county Sunday. No sign of the little ones though but if I'm guessing; they were there..

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
the most pheasants I've seen in western ND in many many years

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
We saw plenty of adult pheasants on the way back to Bismarck from a southwestern county Sunday. No sign of the little ones though but if I'm guessing; they were there..

You are mistaken

- - - Updated - - -

the most pheasants I've seen in western ND in many many years

Nope you didn't see any, nice try though

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Rain drowned them out. No pheasants around the Mott area so might as well not even make a trip out there. LOL

squirrel is right, between the wolves and the rain its a total loss, SD is the place to find the birds. Heron ya, Heron that's where they are.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Seems the G&F can survey for pheasants every year and have no problems doing so, but have extreme trouble finding a way to do the same thing for WT deer.......EVERY YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hmmmm.......

Good to see the pheasants are doing fine this year! Those late season roosters really make a day afield really FUN!!!

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Seems the G&F can survey for pheasants every year and have no problems doing so, but have extreme trouble finding a way to do the same thing for WT deer.......EVERY YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hmmmm.......

Good to see the pheasants are doing fine this year! Those late season roosters really make a day afield really FUN!!!

i spoke with jeb when they issued doe tags again. He is definetely kreils apprentice... Nice guy though.

- - - Updated - - -

Doing pheasant counts is about as helpful as counting the number of yellow skittles in pack of skittles.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member

You ever try spotting deer from a plane with no snow. You could have a population twice as many one year to the next but if no snow the second year your counts may say the numbers are down. That and pheasant are counted from the ground on how many are calling.

CAH

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm with johnr, there are no birds in western NoDak... better tell all the blue platers to just stay east and hunt ducks around Devil's Lake all season...

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Went for a nice drive yesterday all over the countryside in western ND. I saw one hen, and a ton of yotes and wolves.

Well at least they have a bunch of birds in SD

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Took out a 21 coyotes on a 300 acre portion of ND this past winter and the landowner saw the first clutch of pheasant chicks on that property in a decade. Coincidence??? I think not. Don't worry about me headin' west to chase pheasants guys. I'll be staying right around home. It may take me a week to get my daily limit, but it's about seeing what Hercules (My young English Cocker) can do. I don't like to eat them things anyway. Good Luck Boys!!! May you have heavy game vests this fall and feathers on the floorboards!!!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 146
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88