Phone apps 101

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
jdinny

Sometimes we have a tendency to be nearsighted and only look at one side of the coin with modern day technology . I remember when people cheered after we discovered those GPS pucks you mounted on a boat so you could drive right up to those sunken Islands, Or the new vehicle advances in vehicles where if you ever get locked out of your vehicle or if it ever gets stolen they could unlock your doors for you and even track your vehicles VIA satellite if it gets stolen. It all came as a price , Vehicle prices have since doubled and the technology is also being used in other applications.

I don't like the other side of the coin any better than you do but it's already here and probably not going to go away anytime soon. At this point the only thing to do is to push for a search warrant to utilize the information in ND . :;:huh There is a rock and a hard spot with a silver lining in between.

As far as Burgum's decisions ? Time will tell. This thing is like pushing a rope and I have respect for it for what it is but not the Political motives involved. I feel Burgum has done a good job when you compare it to other states. The biggest gripe I have is his agreeing to spend federal covid money to bring in 500 workers for a few months to plug these old abandoned oil wells . We have the capabilities to do this with local workers and contractors within the state on a smaller scale and keep our own men working for 4 or 5 warm weather seasons.

I am not sure why you think this is how it went down, many of the workers that remain are residents at this point.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am not sure why you think this is how it went down, many of the workers that remain are residents at this point.

I hope your right. I just feel like the whole plan doesn't pass the smell test. Not to mention they are discussing the use of stimulus money
to fire up 6000 more wells when we are in the biggest oil glut of all time and drive oil prices into the ground again.
My main gripe I guess is that this is emergency money and most of these wells have been idle for 30-40 years yet in the last 3 months we have watched small mom and pops main street businesses fall on the brink of bankruptcy.
Then there is this.

"Although no formal proposal has been submitted, the governor and other state officials also have discussed using some of the federal coronavirus aid to restart the mores than 6,000 oil wells that have been idled but not abandoned in recent weeks due to low prices. State and industry officials said it could $50,000 to $400,000 to bring a well back online and production."

https://apnews.com/0c7ed45aca2daa707d7fcea8fbefb737

I'd probably be on board if they downsized the plan and awarded the contracts to smaller local contractors and local ready mix companies like we used to back in the day. Maybe they will but from what I can see the only way to this many wells in a few months will require Halliburton and Schlumberger or whatever global contractors in operation out there to bring crews from out of state to gobble up as much as they can. Another problem is that the state doesn't have the personal to monitor this big of a project in the timeframe they want to do it in so corners will be cut . Just my 2 cents worth , Maybe I am way off base.

"State and industry officials said it could $50,000 to $400,000 to bring a well back online and production." This claim really throws a red flag in my mind.

- - - Updated - - -

https://bismarcktribune.com/bakken/abandoned-oil-well-plugging-to-begin-mid-july-regulators-ok-ethanol-grant/article_a10deac8-9d45-5d1a-b98f-29a4810756f1.html#tracking-source=home-top-story-1

Most of this work in in my neck of the woods and shallow wells lots of them are under 4000' I should be doing jumping jacks but We have enough small independent contractors and crews in this area to complete this project on a smaller scale so the State hands can keep up. I realize a lot has changed but I've saw a lot of shady plug jobs in my life when the state hand wasn't around. There's a lot of profit in charging for cement that doesn't ever get pumped down the hole.
I see the amount jumped from $33.1 million to $ 66 million and the bidding starts tomorrow so we won't have to wait long to find out. That was quick

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 160
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93