Physical Conditioning for Archery Season

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
It’s not 1987 anymore they have fixed that problem now they are working on not making your heart grenade

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
images

gonefshn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I suppose I could lay the tv down at the foot of my recliner so my neck gets used to looking down like when I'm in a tree stand. Is that what you mean by "physical conditioning for archery"?

Last edited:

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
Im going to put my tree stands higher so i can have smoke while i hunt

drayweb

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Down 5 pounds since the beginning of August. Pretty much have to starve yourself during the day. Been trying not to pig out when I get home from work but it's not easy.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
That is a shitty way and will come back to bite you hard when you fall off the wagon. Might as well smoke cigarettes helps curb appetite. Eat the right food you don’t have to starve at all .

- - - Updated - - -

Dolce diet I am never hungry and get to eat awesome food all day

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
Weight lifting is my favorite and easiest way to stay lean. You gotta go hard and work up a sweat. Less selfies and talking at the gym. If u go hard you can get a lot done in a half hour.

Not to be a creeper but the hot, fit, in shape girls at the gym all do weight training. It burns fat

Plus i hate running ha

- - - Updated - - -

I’m far from an expert. I just speak for what works for me. “Going hard” doesn’t mean heavy weights. High reps and going to exhaustion is best for getting the burn and not getting bulky

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
As I have gotten older I have found I can’t out work a shitty diet. Resistance training is way funner than cardio

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I do a little of both. I don't run marathons anymore and I don't bench 300 lbs anymore....I am 46 years old, 5' 8" and 160lbs lbs. There aren't too many that can keep up with me in the field if I don't want them to. Key is consistency and making it a lifestyle. If it's important to you you'll find a way to make it work. No excuses, if you haven't already started, start today, not tomorrow. It's too easy keep saying "I'll start tomorrow."

- - - Updated - - -

PS: If you plan humping a pack, humping a pack is how you train. There aren't any substitutes for it. You can do whatever you want to "get ready" but when you throw that pack on it's a whole different deal. I know guys who can run multiple 6 minute miles, however when they throw even a 50 lb pack on they start sucking. Granted any kind of cardio helps but put your hunting clothes on, including boots, throw that pack on and get out there. Even a treadmill works if you have to.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I did yoga tonight a core routine and it absolutely kicked my ass in a 30 minute session

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
What is a good baseline or a goal to shoot for to be somewhat comfortably in shape for an elk hunt out west?

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would say that is really individual. If you are fat and out of shape but are hard as fuck mentally your fine but be in shape and soft your screwed. Be active eat decent food and a person is fine. Just be ready to have some uncomfortable moments

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
In the early years, we used the Protein in beer to get in shape, seemed to work just fine, smoking didn't scare the deer off either

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 115
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74