Pickup tires

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Didn't notice any difference on the highway with the AT3's...no more sound or vibration...gas mileage same or better.

pluggin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anybody have any opinions on the Bridgestone dueler AT Revo2 or Firestone Destination AT OWL? These I can get for $250-$300 cheaper than the Toyo.

Last edited:

Fish whisperer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I put 10 ply Dynapro ATM’s on my 3/4 ton diesel last February. Have about 8k on them so far and pull trailers white a bit and have had no sway issues and traction is better than the Michelin’s or whatever the factory tires that were on it before. Hauled a 30’ horse trailer to Bismarck and back twice last summer at 75-80 mph and have never noticed a swaying issue.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I really like BFG AT KO II’s. I lost virtually no MPG vs. highway treads. They are a tad louder, but not obtrusively so. They have great traction on everything, I’m espexially impressed w/hard-packed snow-ice. However, they do throw rocks, you damned well better protect whatever you’re towing if that’s the tires you use.

Callem'In

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have had 3 sets of Hankook ATM's and all lasted over 50k. All have been 10ply. I have had no problems with sway and have had no complaints from my customers. I stopped selling Cooper At3's because of wear issues. I do like the Toyo AT2's as well.

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Got Nittos on my truck. Never buyin another tire. Love it in the winter. Little spendy though for 20"s. 4 bills a tire for my setup.

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anybody have any opinions on the Bridgestone dueler AT Revo2 or Firestone Destination AT OWL? These I can get for $250-$300 cheaper than the Toyo.

I have had good luck and really like the revo2's. Have went through a few sets and really don't have any complaints. They aren't as aggressive as some the these, but seem to very well in most situations. On the hankook dynapros, I haven't had the wear issues but they are on a 3/4 ton and they feel squishy when you turn or are trailering don't like them, seems like will last a long time thought. I would give the revo2's a go if you can get them cheaper too.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I tend to like my Hankooks, I'm on my third set of the 10 ply version for my F250. I get about 45k out of a set and notice no "squishy" feeling when she's loaded.

Several years ago I had a set of the Revo 2's on a half-ton, so they were the P-rated version. Loved the ride, but they wore out so quickly I overall would never put them on one of my pickups again. I got less than 35k out of them before they were kaput.

all4eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Currently running BFG KOs with no complaints in 10ply on a 2017 f150 and am more then impressed. Great all around traction. Re 2 sets of Cooper at3s and were fine until they had around 10000 miles and then they went to crap for traction and vibration issues occured. One set was replaced because even with a road force balance they wouldn't balance out. Vibration was my main complaint about the at3s traction was decent, but I couldnt drive over 65 in my 3/4 ton work truck when they started to wear. Have 13000 miles on the BFGs and am impressed on the traction. Also ran the BFG rugged trail and was very pleased with the 2 sets of them I had.

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
I run the Yokohama AT-S. Best tire I’ve ever owned. I will run them as long as they are made. I recently had a co worker put a set on his pickup and he seems to really like em. At least, he told me he went down a section line and figured he would get stuck. He said they went right through.

pluggin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Another question - does a person really need AT tires if a majority of driving is on road with occasional gravel and small amount of snow or would you always recommend AT for the bad roads in the winter?

Wildyote

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I run Toyo Open Country ATs. I have them on both pickups and have used them for years on other pickups. They grip and wear good and don't howl like some of the aggressive tread tires. I took a set of Firestone TransForce tires off my pickup at 18,000 miles and threw them in the dump. I had another pickup that had them on also what a junk tire.

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Another question - does a person really need AT tires if a majority of driving is on road with occasional gravel and small amount of snow or would you always recommend AT for the bad roads in the winter?

Nope, but take a look at the price difference first. Might be cost effective to buy the AT's anyways.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
sa-fie-ea-detinatoarea-corpului-perfect-pentru-bikini-cum-arata-de-la-umeri-in-jos-femeia-care-a.jpg

sa-fie-ea-detinatoarea-corpului-perfect-pentru-bikini-cum-arata-de-la-umeri-in-jos-femeia-care-a.jpg

legs-as-far-as-the-eye-can-see-24-1.jpg

tumblr_np99liMOW41tpc8mjo1_500.jpg

They are the at3's.... snow and ice they are terrible, my stock good year wranglers were better. Wet roads are like driving on ice, at the boat launch gotta use 4x4 cause the wet tires in 2wd will sit and spin. I haven't tried mud much but I'm sure they would do ok in the mud cause its a pretty aggressive tire. They are loud on diving down the road, increased in cab noise greatly at 70mph. Gas millage went from 26 mpg to 12 mpg. Tire size is 285/55/20. On a half ton chev with 6.2L. I bought these tires in July last year 2017 and have roughly 5,000 miles on them, while i use the pickup for leisure driving every once in awhile and towing 20ft enclosed trailer and my 5,000lb nitro boat

I have the AT3's and have been happy with them so far(14,000 miles). Worlds better than Goodyear stuff that came stock. I got 23 mpg to Lake of the Woods and back last weekend. They have been quiet as well. They could be better on ice would be my only thought.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Got Nittos on my truck. Never buyin another tire. Love it in the winter. Little spendy though for 20"s. 4 bills a tire for my setup.

Had a set of Nitto Trail Grapplers on my 2011 F250 PSD. Great, except for hard-packed snow/ice. Earlier this month, put on a set of Nitto Exo-Grapplers (still 2011 F250 PSD). Only have ~500Mi on them. 1st impression is that they're fantastic on hard-pac/ice. They're noisier than BFG AT KO II's. They've had virtually 0 effect on fuel mileage. No clue as to if they throw rocks or not yet, haven't driven them on gravel. Obviously no clue as to wet/mud performance either. Tire-dude said they needed very little weight anywhere to get them balanced. They are smooth as silk going down the highway, even @ 80 on the interstate. If they don't throw rocks they'll be excellent, assuming they last. I got 45K out of the Trail Grapplers, probably could've gotten a little more but I'm not much for running slicks, or anything that gets close to looking slickly.

Stan's Dad

★★★★★ Legendary Member

legs-as-far-as-the-eye-can-see-24-1.jpg

tumblr_np99liMOW41tpc8mjo1_500.jpg

They are the at3's.... snow and ice they are terrible, my stock good year wranglers were better. Wet roads are like driving on ice, at the boat launch gotta use 4x4 cause the wet tires in 2wd will sit and spin. I haven't tried mud much but I'm sure they would do ok in the mud cause its a pretty aggressive tire. They are loud on diving down the road, increased in cab noise greatly at 70mph. Gas millage went from 26 mpg to 12 mpg. Tire size is 285/55/20. On a half ton chev with 6.2L. I bought these tires in July last year 2017 and have roughly 5,000 miles on them, while i use the pickup for leisure driving every once in awhile and towing 20ft enclosed trailer and my 5,000lb nitro boat

Your mpg’s got cut more than half??

Fisherman25

Founding Member
Founding Member
Until recently I would have straight up said Cooper discover AT3’s. They are good tires but I can see the two vehicles we have them on aren’t going to get to 40k before they need changing. Gravel seems to chew them up a bit quicker than I’d like. I just put a set of Toyo open country AT2’s on my 2015 Chevy. I’m blown away by the traction of those tires. Really happy with the road noise as well. They pull nice....so far very happy with them. They are through a lot of hard drifts pulling the shack on the ice this weekend.

Radar13

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Toyo Open Country CT is supposed to be better than the AT2, they have the winter stamp on them. The Toyo rep told me the Forest service in Canada use them for all conditions I wanted to put them on my truck but they didn't come in the size I wanted.
I also saw that Nokian makes an AT tire, but I have not read any reviews on them, the tread is similar to the Toyo AT2

ktm450

★★ Legendary Member
Have cooper AT3's on my truck currently. 285/55/20's (2015 2500hd) Not impressed with them. They have crap traction in the snow and mud, throw rocks worse then my old MT tires when driving on gravel. Only thing I can say good about them is they are wearing nicely. Have 20,000 on them and they still look like new. Looking for different tires also being I mainly use my truck for pulling trailer, and winter driving. Cant decide between the Goodyear duratrac 285/60/20 or the Toyo Open Country CT in the same size. hmm...

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 46
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 29
  • This month: 18
  • This month: 18
  • This month: 17
  • This month: 14