Pittbull breed, what do you think?

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I once heard that the most reported dog bites are from Labs, might be wrong, but it makes one scratch their head.

I think this is true, but the difference is in the numbers of the dog breeds. Labs may more often be the biter, but they are also 10-20 times more popular of a dog than pits. One should probably look at this in a bite per thousand dogs (of a specific breed). And I don't know that I've ever seen anyone try to tackle this.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think this is true, but the difference is in the numbers of the dog breeds. Labs may more often be the biter, but they are also 10-20 times more popular of a dog than pits. One should probably look at this in a bite per thousand dogs (of a specific breed). And I don't know that I've ever seen anyone try to tackle this.
its all on here. https://www.dogsbite.org/

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
pits or pit varieties amount for about 6% of the dog breed population in the US. the amount for about 66% of the fatal bites. next closes were rots (10%). rots amount for about 2% of the population. in total, those account for 75% of all fatal dog attacks despite being only 8% of the population. 10x what it should be. that's all i need to know about that.

https://www.dogsbite.org/dog-bite-s...rzrFnxzi8UerG-3qwQ7v0PMEhkzXmWVxoCvXEQAvD_BwE

actual dog bites aren't tracked nationwide that i can tell. can someone share where they got the labs bit the most people tidbit?

nevermind...

https://www.aaha.org/publications/n...-identifies-most-damaging-dog-bites-by-breed/

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
No i would not want the government to ban that car if you are dumb enough and know the problems be my guest blow your self up.

So should ladders be banned? More people die on them every year than dog attacks.

Banning stuff does not work. Its been proven time and time again. You want people to be responsible make penalties financially crippling and actually enforce laws on the books already.

Seems people like to talk out of both sides of their mouth. Small government on one side more regulations out of the other side.

Guns are a fair comparison for the fact all you see is big scarry dog like a anti gun person sees big scarry black rifle.
I gave you the clearest analogy I cold come up with and you still dont understand. I cannot make it any simpler.

Banning a dog breed doesnt put an excessive burden on the infrastructure that already exists and it has been proven to work in places where it has been implemented. You might change your mind one day if your grandchild is mauled by one of these beasts.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I gave you the clearest analogy I cold come up with and you still dont understand. I cannot make it any simpler.

Banning a dog breed doesnt put an excessive burden on the infrastructure that already exists and it has been proven to work in places where it has been implemented. You might change your mind one day if your grandchild is mauled by one of these beasts.
There is alot better chance of them being killed by a drunk driver. I guess live your life in fear. There are multitudes of other things that are going to kill you before a scarry dog.

With that said have you been to the city/state meetings what have you been doing other than chirping on the interwebs to fight this big threat to society?

A person has a 1 in 112,400 chance of dying from a dog bite or attack. Statistically, you stand less of a chance of dying from a dog-bite attack than you do from: Cataclysmic storm (1 chance in 66,335) Bee sting (1 chance in 63,225)

Im calling for the ban of free ranging bees.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
There is alot better chance of them being killed by a drunk driver. I guess live your life in fear. There are multitudes of other things that are going to kill you before a scarry dog.

With that said have you been to the city/state meetings what have you been doing other than chirping on the interwebs to fight this big threat to society?

A person has a 1 in 112,400 chance of dying from a dog bite or attack. Statistically, you stand less of a chance of dying from a dog-bite attack than you do from: Cataclysmic storm (1 chance in 66,335) Bee sting (1 chance in 63,225)

Im calling for the ban of free ranging bees.
So we shouldnt attempt to mitigate any risk if it is not the greatest risk? Trust me I dont lose sleep over risk management. I do take a weapon with me when I take my dog to the dog park, because there is little reason not to. I wouldnt have done this prior to my dog being attacked by another dog, but you live and learn.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
So we shouldnt attempt to mitigate any risk if it is not the greatest risk? Trust me I dont lose sleep over risk management. I do take a weapon with me when I take my dog to the dog park, because there is little reason not to. I wouldnt have done this prior to my dog being attacked by another dog, but you live and learn.
Be careful packing heat and using it on a dog at a dog park, whether you are in the right or not, it wont go your way.
Just a guess

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why go to a place where you even have to worry about it? Common sense would say if I have to be armed because my dog may be attacked thats a place to avoid.

Dog parks are a recipe for disaster. There is 0 good going to one can do for your dog.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why go to a place where you even have to worry about it? Common sense would say if I have to be armed because my dog may be attacked thats a place to avoid.

Dog parks are a recipe for disaster. There is 0 good going to one can do for your dog.
I dont go often, but I do think it is good for dogs to socialize with other dogs in a controlled environment and people she doesnt know. I dont usually take a firearm with me, but at the minimum a pocket knife in case things would go bad. The park I take her to also has several separate areas so if someone shows up with a dangerous breed, we can move away from it, or leave. Its a couple times a year thing, not a daily deal.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maybe they should start ethnizing the owners of the dogs that are attacking other people and pets.
That way the people that have ANY DOG, would have a better fence system and or leash so that the dogs would not get out or away from them.

We are too lenient on criminals and or people that do bad things, including letting their dogs get out\away.

The government sends hundreds of billions of dollars to other countries but won't build more or bigger prisons.

Mexico just opened a prison that houses 40,000 inmates. Maybe we should follow suit.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maybe they should start ethnizing the owners of the dogs that are attacking other people and pets.
That way the people that have ANY DOG, would have a better fence system and or leash so that the dogs would not get out or away from them.

We are too lenient on criminals and or people that do bad things, including letting their dogs get out\away.

The government sends hundreds of billions of dollars to other countries but won't build more or bigger prisons.

Mexico just opened a prison that houses 40,000 inmates. Maybe we should follow suit.
We already have the one of highest incarceration rates in the world and you want to lock more people up? I think there is definitely a place for detention, but we need to find other EFFECTIVE solutions to deter crime IMO.

inr.JPG

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maybe we just have better prosecutors?
Higher paying welfare begets all of this.
75% of incarcerated men are fatherless, other countries likely have a lower amount of baby mommas pumping out crack babies for more crack, to put it the most degrading way I can.

Last edited:

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Off topic for this thread, but this is interesting, and unfortunately not surprising either...
bla.JPG

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know this thread is about pit bull attacks................. but.

Lycan, what are you pointing out with the above graph?

From your perspective please tell me what you think it means.

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
It clearly shows what most of us have know for many many years. But always gets pushed under the rug when the race card gets played. So somewhat alot of the dogs are in their pen.. i ten tiary :oops:

Browneye

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm not sure where I'm at anymore on banning this breed. I used to be in the camp of it not the breed so much as how they were raised. You know the drug dealer types that brutalize their dogs so that they pretty much turn into killers if they are sicced on someone. And that those raised like a normal dog have good temperments. How ever after awhile its hard to ignore the news stories nation wide of them going nuts on someone after they get loose from their yard. One story the pit was latched onto a childs arm. No matter how hard the cops beat the dog after they arrived on the scene it would not release its bite. They had to shoot it off the kids arm. Imagine what a kid would go through after dealing with that. Just recently there was a story in news of a families pit bull killed their own two young children. This dog had never before shown any aggressive behavior before. In some of these dogs its almost like a light switch goes off in their head and God knows what triggers them to go off.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 160
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 80