Pittbull breed, what do you think?

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
100% false, if you need to have special training to own a dog of a specific breed and avoid it killing people, its not an owner problem its a breed problem. I MIGHT support people owning dangerous breeds IF there was some kind of certification/training required AND they had to maintain additional insurance in case something bad happens. The easier and safer solution is just to restrict ownership of these dogs however. The owners in the video arent BAD, they are just ignorant and have the wrong species of dog, because some IDIOT told them there are no bad dogs, only bad owners...
Clearly that is your opinion on this man who is a certified dog trainer but
Now I agree I don't think it's a bad Idea that everyone who owns an aggressive dog breed receive special training or Ban all aggressive dogs because some people are just to stupid to own a dog with a high level of intelligence.
If people would take away the emotional aspect of this discussion one would clearly see that 95 percent of all dog attacks are a direct link to bad owners but personal opinions based on emotional experience will effect one's ability to see that.

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
This topic shares alot in common with the gun control debate. Although a gun left unattended by a bad owner still wont do anything.

Dogs with genetic predispositions think and act on their own when left to their own devices, unlike guns.

Interesting topic i'm not entirely clear on, with my own personal opinions. Seems anti freedom, but there has to be consequences for poor or no responsibility. Just like guns.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
This topic shares alot in common with the gun control debate. Although a gun left unattended by a bad owner still wont do anything.

Dogs with genetic predispositions think and act on their own when left to their own devices, unlike guns.

Interesting topic i'm not entirely clear on, with my own personal opinions. Seems anti freedom, but there has to be consequences for poor or no responsibility. Just like guns.
Totally agree hold bad dog owners responsible for their dogs actions, banning everyone from owning a certain kind of dog is taking away someone's personal choice to own what they want.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Totally agree hold bad dog owners responsible for their dogs actions, banning everyone from owning a certain kind of dog is taking away someone's personal choice to own what they want.
That's what we do here in America, we don't allow people to just own whatever the eff they want. You cannot own automatic weapons, or a meth lab. We restrict certain items for the greater good. An attack dog is just one item that might need to be on this list.

All dogs breads will bite, not all dogs will kill, even their own masters.

The kids are grown, but if my neighbor had these dogs, and I had children running around my yard and neighborhood, I wouldn't want to live next to them, and me having to move to do this seems to be an option, but more so, leave the dangerous animals out of the neighborhood.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think you need to define what a 'bad' dog owner is. Clearly we are talking past each other... If a dog owner requires special skills or training to keep a dog from killing someone, its not the owners fault, its the breed. Bad dog owners would be owners who specifically use a dog or train a dog to be dangerous. Ignorant dog owners arent BAD, they are just stupid and/or lied to by the people who say "its not the dogs, its the owners", when clearly its the dogs...

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think you need to define what a 'bad' dog owner is. Clearly we are talking past each other... If a dog owner requires special skills or training to keep a dog from killing someone, its not the owners fault, its the breed. Bad dog owners would be owners who specifically use a dog or train a dog to be dangerous. Ignorant dog owners arent BAD, they are just stupid and/or lied to by the people who say "its not the dogs, its the owners", when clearly its the dogs...
Then ban all dogs that are prone to aggressive behavior, then you win this argument until then your opinions are moot to me.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's what we do here in America, we don't allow people to just own whatever the eff they want. You cannot own automatic weapons, or a meth lab. We restrict certain items for the greater good. An attack dog is just one item that might need to be on this list.

All dogs breads will bite, not all dogs will kill, even their own masters.

The kids are grown, but if my neighbor had these dogs, and I had children running around my yard and neighborhood, I wouldn't want to live next to them, and me having to move to do this seems to be an option, but more so, leave the dangerous animals out of the neighborhood.
Then ban all dogs that kill just one human life problem solved, because clearly some are not responsible enough to own a certain type of dog breed hence the idea of banning everyone from owning ALL types of aggressive dogs.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Then ban all dogs that kill just one human life problem solved, because clearly some are not responsible enough to own a certain type of dog breed hence the idea of banning everyone from owning ALL types of aggressive dogs.
Let it go man, you are wrong these pits suck shit, and you are starting to now too.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Last edited:

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Point I was making is holding people accountable for their actions, I see in California you can be sued if your dog bites another person or damages property.
https://www.stimmel-law.com/en/articles/dog-law-california-protecting-dog-and-protecting-peopleanimals-dog#:~:text=California is one of the,that your dog was dangerous.
Make this a law in every state problem solved, you want to own a dog that is prone to aggressive behavior and don't properly teach your dog to suppress those urges to attack then you should have to pay through the teeth. Instead of punishing everyone else who can properly maintain and manage their dogs by banning everyone outright Instead hold those irresponsible people accountable for thier dogs bad behaviors., It's really that easy
Our system bans most things by the lowest of the low denominator. Driving at at .08 is fine for a lot of people, but Booze head Brenda has a few brews at breakfast and drives into a schoolyard full of kids and we all pay. It’s that way for guns, substances, fast motorcycles, etc. They just want to ban anything an idiot can misuse.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Our system bans most things by the lowest of the low denominator. Driving at at .08 is fine for a lot of people, but Booze head Brenda has a few brews at breakfast and drives into a schoolyard full of kids and we all pay. It’s that way for guns, substances, fast motorcycles, etc. They just want to ban anything an idiot can misuse.
Yes true captn but those examples you pointed out have one thing in common, they are all legal to a certain extent it's only when someone is negligent to we punish them. They are not outright banned from society because if they were more cities, states, or countries would make them illegal for everyone.
If aggressive dogs were really a problem in everyday society they would be banned nationally, instead some local city officials decided we are going to ban one type of dog because they make me feel unsafe. Even though majority of dogs are completely fine and cuase no issues with their surroundings.
No johnr I'm not wrong if I was then the dog would be banned everywhere.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
It MUST be true then... lol
Well apparently and that's why you are wrong if you were right pitbulls would be banned everywhere, they are not deal with it. Let it go your personal opinion is not the majority in everyday peoples lives if you were right they would be banned nationally.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member

Biden's dog leaves White House after biting staff​

The Biden family's dog, Commander, has been moved out of the White House after a series of biting incidents.

It is still being decided what will happen to the two-year-old German Shepherd, a spokeswoman for First Lady Jill Biden said.

Just last week, Commander bit a Secret Service agent who required medical treatment at the scene.

It was the 11th time the dog has bitten a guard at the White House complex or the family home in Delaware.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
With a very small exception to the rule, only dumbasses and crackheads have pitbulls. You have to have nothing to lose and think you're a badass to own one for the most part. There are exceptions to the rule, but I've never met a person that I thought was intelligent and put together that has owned one.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84