Planer Boards

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
OR18_WEB.jpg
Does anyone run the OR18's?

I am curious if they hold braided line better than the OR16's.

Last edited:

dakotaeye29

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use them with fireline, hold better than the plain clips. you can adjust the tension a little. I use the or16 for mono.

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes, and yes. Have yet to see super line slip while using these. Have a pair of them in the classifieds. Still have another pair for myself

Last edited:

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Yes, yes. Have yet to see super line slip while using these. Have a pair of them in the classifieds. Still have another pair for myself

My uncle was trying to buy those from you, but you must have someone claiming them already?

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
dont-be-a-dumbass.jpg
Does anyone run the OR18's?

I am curious if they hold braided line better than the OR16's.

Yes. These are great with braided line!! work much better than the clips. You won't be disappointed. I have yet to try them or any other board on lead core though. I'm always afraid it will pinch off the lead within the sleeve.

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
Or18 is the only way to go if you have braided line... I have 1 set with tattle flags and or18 clips I pull them out 2-3x a year

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes OR-18's are the ones to use. If using braided you have to double wrap the braid in the first clip then just normal in the back clip. Always make sure you have a decent amount of slack in the line between the two clips.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
You guys are making me want to get my gear together. Good grief I bought a new Lund with a 130 Honda back in 2003. I bought a Cannon downrigger for it and two big planer boards. I still don't have the boat rigged for either one. Can't decide how I want to do it, so I have never done it. I did have a downrigger on my old boat, but seldom used it. I have had good luck with the small yellow planer boards for pike in shallow water. I keep the boat out away from the bank and run the planer in 50 feet towards shore. My wife caught a 15 lb and a 12 lb about ten minutes apart. Haven't run boards since, but you guys talking are giving me the urge to do it again.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 9
  • This month: 7
  • This month: 6
  • This month: 5
  • This month: 4