Podcast Suggestions

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
The JMO Podcast is good. So is the Scheels podcast.

Another vote for Dan Carlin. Just awesome!

Dakota Spotlight is a true crime podcast that covers the local area. He does a really good job. He has done the disappearance of Barbara Cotten and now is talking about Michelle Julson.
thanks for the recommend:;:thumbsup

All Eyez on Fishing is pretty good.

Heartland radio - if you like really dumb locker room type humor. It makes me chuckle.

Jocko podcast - navy seal stuff, lots of incredible guests and stories of combat. Lots of leadership advice

Joe Rogan - I really pick and choose what episodes I listen to as I don’t give a damn about mma, or his stand up comedian buddies. Other than that he has some great interviews

solo hntr

Time Suck - he re caps a lot of old true crime stories and serial killers. It’s fascinating. He’s a comedian so his delivery is pretty great

martyrmade

Meateater, Hunt Talk, Solo Hunter, and Gritty Bowmen are some I listen to. Remi Warren has a new one I want to check out also.

Take a deep dive into crazy with Bundyville. Yes, those Bundy’s.

Dan Carlin’s Hardcore History. Lots of good series there. Wrath of the Khans, Blueprint for Armageddon.

Select episodes of “The Dollop” are hysterical. ‘The Dolphin’, ‘The Rube’, and ‘Ten Cent Beer Night’ are early episodes that had me rolling with laughter.

- - - Updated - - -

“It Could Happen Here”. A theoretical idea of how a second American civil war could break out. The host of this one is very left and will likely really offend the tender sensibilities of the republicans on this site but it is well researched and worth a listen. A whole lot of bad shit is happening outside of ND.

Kifarucast
tundra talk
joko
cleared hot
team never quit
frog logic
early meateater
select jay Scott
mike dolce
nock on
Avery adventure
rokcast
Elk shape
eastman elevated

Gritty bowman, hunting collective are both an ipa pint night circle jerk.

Meateater, Hunt Talk, Solo Hunter, and Gritty Bowmen are some I listen to. Remi Warren has a new one I want to check out also.

Remi Warren Cutting The Distance is a good one.

Jocko Podcast is a must.

Dan Carlin’s Hardcore History is amazing

Jordan Peterson will change your friggin life. For real. I recommend Jocko’s interviews with Jordan Peterson.

Thanks for the responses! I added a bunch to my list

- - - Updated - - -

A24EAD5E-9B78-4661-97AC-B979D97A8309.jpg
Really looking forward to this lineup. Thanks fellas!

If you were a fan of Paul Harveys "The Rest Of The Story" listen to Mike Rowe's "The Way I Heard It". Enjoyable while traveling.

The Jocko ones when he is talking to the SOG guys from Vietnam are amazing

The Jocko ones when he is talking to the SOG guys from Vietnam are amazing

^^^This^^^

It’s awesome how Jocko Willink - alpha male of the alpha males - will talk to those guys and be like, “man, I am such a pussy. What you guys did is way beyond anything I did in my 20 years as a SEAL.” Their stories are incredible.

^^^This^^^

It’s awesome how Jocko Willink - alpha male of the alpha males - will talk to those guys and be like, “man, I am such a pussy. What you guys did is way beyond anything I did in my 20 years as a SEAL.” Their stories are incredible.

Someone needs to make a movie about John Stryker Meyer and that movie(s) needs to have an unlimited budget. Those stories are so unreal. You can’t make that shit up

^^^This^^^

you know it’s some crazy shit when he says that.
Someone needs to make a movie about John Stryker Meyer and that movie(s) needs to have an unlimited budget. Those stories are so unreal. You can’t make that shit up

on my next long drives (elk camping)I am going to listen to Tilts books it’s killing me waiting .

- - - Updated - - -

Can you imagine what it would be like to just go and sit and listen to the SOG guys tell stories at there yearly get together

Another vote for Dan Carlin’s hardcore history. The WW I series is outstanding.

I never thought I could get sick of listening to music but yep that's the case, I wear bose headphones while I work in my asphalt lab all day 6 days a week. I listen to every type of genre atleast once but you can only listen to the same songs so many everyday. So now I'm into podcasts like: strangelands, badlands, 20/20, and dateline. I like true crime podcasts and some history but some of these podcasts are like a narrative talk show which is a meh for me.
Badlands is a good podcast, the guy who does the narrative produces a show that is with some witty and humorous storylines on subjects like Britney Spears, Jack Nicholas, Robert Downey Jr., Judy Garland, or Marilyn Monroe.
The podcast that I thought was interesting was the one on the subject of ted kaczynski

Review your gear runs a podcast on the local fishing action. Chris Hustad and Jason Renner. If you like fishing you should like the show. I dunno. Just google review your gear.

Review your gear runs a podcast on the local fishing action. Chris Hustad and Jason Renner. If you like fishing you should like the show. I dunno. Just google review your gear.

Yep I look forward to every new review your gear radio podcast. https://reviewyourgear.com/podcast/

Dakota Spotlight is a true crime podcast that covers the local area. He does a really good job. He has done the disappearance of Barbara Cotten and now is talking about Michelle Julson.

Rogan, Shawn Ryan show, jmo

Is there anyway to download these podcast onto my phone when I'm at home and on Wi-Fi so I don't use all my data listening to them while I drive?

Download the app called podcast addict. Then you can download them from there may want to have a memory card if your phone takes one. The app has a setting I think it's even a default setting that you can only refresh and download podcasts on wifi. But once downloaded uses no data

This is what I do on an android phone

With an iPhone you just click the purple podcast button, look up what you want and click the download button. Simple.

Get Sirius radio. Howard Stern keeps me entertained most days. Turbo is a legit channel too. I've always related podcasts to yuppies so never bothered to check them out.

You relate them that way because you are a Stern fan. Always funny when he talks shit about podcasts. Best interviewer on the planet then once a guy gets familiar with the crew it's best show out there. I even watched the Jimmy Kimmel show last night just to see how that would go. Glad I won't have to watch it again.

Download the app called podcast addict. Then you can download them from there may want to have a memory card if your phone takes one. The app has a setting I think it's even a default setting that you can only refresh and download podcasts on wifi. But once downloaded uses no data

This is what I do on an android phone

x2 That's what I use I have it set to refresh at 2am everyday. I also don't automatic download the podcasts that are just so so If I like the topic of the episode I tap the download button add it to the playlist and it auto does it when I connect to wifi.

jeezus h cripes android phones are still a thing?

jeezus h cripes android phones are still a thing?

Just for a select few of us elite. We are able to keep our elite status by not having to overpay for "proprietary" accessories for our phones.

Accessories? Like what? A phone belt holster to go with your jorts and white new balance sneakers?

If you've never had the pleasure of wearing a fresh new pair of New Balance shoes, you sir, are missing out.

3-1.jpg
Jorts.jpg
download.jpg
I dont want anyone grilling me a burger unless they have these 3 items on

- - - Updated - - -

Capture.PNG

Haha!!

I tried an Iphone, hated it, my hillbilly brain hasn't evolved enough to use it.

For android I use an app called castbox, has all the podcasts you need, or at least all the ones I seem to need.

My 3 favorite podcast are hardcore history, history on fire and snap judgment. The 2 history ones are a bit long but well work it. The hose of hardcore history will have your attentions for the 4+ hour shows.

I also like WTF, undone, twice removed, the moth, stuff you missed in history class, serial, and hidden brain

- - - Updated - - -

2126a301a14ea75f0253c8c30e9eeb92.jpg

Haha!![/QUOTE]

Even though I completely agree I promise you I didn't leave that I was just having fun with iphone vs android. I don't take it that serious...ha

If you guys havent already, you need to listen to Meateater Podcasts Episodes 86 and 87, The Meat Tree parts 1 and 2. It is about them getting attacked by a brown bear on Afognak after an elk hunt. It is wild.
0F097551-9874-4723-93F3-59367A22FA84.jpg

Yep it is nuts Remi Warren was on Joe rogans podcast today and they supposedly talked about it again too, I haven't listened yet though.

My favorite is the Gritty Bowmen. I'll also listen to knock on, and the Joe Rogan episodes with Cam Hanes and Steven Rinella.

Bill Burr has some pretty good stuff.

Paul Allen is annoying. Next time you listen to him, close your eyes and imagine you aren't a Minnesota fan. You will be wrecked for life.

The only MN team I like is the Twins. I just can’t listen to him polish the knob, stroke the shaft, cradle the balls and swallow the gravy of the vikings. Just don’t understand how a guy could listen to another guy fangirl over a historically shitty team for three hours.

oh man this is right up my alley. I've got a list of 50 or so that I listen to all day when I work My favorite hunting and fishing ones are:
100% wild podcast (drury/kenyon), Anchored with April Vokey, Avery Adventures (rokslide), BHA podcast and blast, Birds, Booze, and Buds(from ND), Brainerd Outdoors radio, (N mn), Eastmans Elevated, (Eastmans hunting), Gritty Bowmen (kifaru/ish), Hunt gather talk (Hank shaw discontinued but still good), Hunt Harvest Health (Sthealthy hunter), Hunt Talk Radio (randy newburg), Meateater (steven Rinella), On the x Podcast (southern waterfowl), Outdoor podcast channel, Rookie Hunter (British columbia) Rut and River pursuits (shosquana), shootn the bull (montana), The 4 outdoorsman (mn), The hunt backcountry (exo), The hunting dog (ron bohme), joe rogan (the hunting ones), The rich outdoors (elk Muledeer), Where to hunt (wisconsin/app), Wired to Hunt (Mark kenyon Whitetails MI)

1/2 of these come out once a week, 1/4 are 2 a month, some are monthly and some are during the season or whenever they feel like, these are the ones that make the top of the playlist when they come out

top 5
Meat eater
hunt talk radio
gritty bowman
wired to hunt
birds booze buds Cuz he's local

X2 for Hunt Talk. Totally forgot that one.

Paul Allen...
Honey,honey
Baby
Love you
Turn around Wobby

Paul Allen...
Honey,honey
Baby
Love you
Turn around Wobby

Raging......you fill in the rest....thank you

TED Radio Hour
(TED Talks)

Get Sirius radio. Howard Stern keeps me entertained most days. Turbo is a legit channel too. I've always related podcasts to yuppies so never bothered to check them out.

I like the Dan Patrick Show and Freakinomics Radio. If you want a little variety from hunting podcasts.

Jay Scott outdoors
The rich outdoors
Aron Snyder is going to have a new one

Sports talk radio is f****** terrible. NO ONE IN AMERICA GIVES A SHIT ABOUT COLIN CAPERNICK and very few care about Lebron James.

I tune in to ESPN 1500 AM out of Minneapolis (streaming live online) in the afternoons to listen to Garage Logic. Joe Sucheray is a crabby old kermudgeon. Listening to those old farts gripe often leaves me in stitches.

Sports talk radio is f****** terrible. NO ONE IN AMERICA GIVES A SHIT ABOUT COLIN CAPERNICK and very few care about Lebron James.

I tune in to ESPN 1500 AM out of Minneapolis (streaming live online) in the afternoons to listen to Garage Logic. Joe Sucheray is a crabby old kermudgeon. Listening to those old farts gripe often leaves me in stitches.

Right on, I listen to GL podcast everyday. I look forward to long rides in the truck to stay caught up as I don't get to listen long enough each day to stay on schedule.

Paul Allen is the best play-by-play announcer in the NFL, hands down!

I listen to some Joe Rogan, some guests are better than others, but its often entertaining and sometimes enlightening. He does lean slightly liberal, but hes more moderate than anything I think.

Paul Allen is the best play-by-play announcer in the NFL, hands down!

i won't argue with this. but, his 9 to noon radio show is almost unbearable for me.

Adam Carola is a travel goto for me.

I listen to alot of the old loveline episodes from back in the day. Adam and Dr Drew were awesome together!

Is there anyway to download these podcast onto my phone when I'm at home and on Wi-Fi so I don't use all my data listening to them while I drive?

Yep. Got an iPhone?

(I’m sure Android users can too I just don’t know how. )

Adam Carola is a travel goto for me.

Adam Carolla

Now that the Twins season is over, I’m not listening to the radio much anymore. (My God does Paul Allen suck). So I’m starting to listen to podcasts as I work. Right now it’s Meateater. If you enjoy hunting, you really should too. It’s awesome. Problem is, I’m burning through episodes pretty fast. Any other podcasts you guys enjoy? Or other ways to keep yourself entertained while behind the wheel or in the skid steer or fencing or...

Any of you guys listen to podcasts and would recommend some? I do a lot of driving for work for the time being and I've been listening to podcasts instead of music. I have Spotify and have been listening to The MeatEater podcast and I really like it. Episode 204 is a really good one in my opinion. Just looking to get into some different ones as well. Maybe some of you old farts on here don't even know what podcasts are. :;:

Recently started listening to a podcast about a 20 year old college student, Josh Guimond, that went missing from St. John's University in Collegeville, MN. Vanished without a trace 20 years ago. Very intriguing.....I went to St. John's for two years out of high school and can relate to all the places they talk about.

Simply Vanished | An Investigative Podcast

I have a 30 minute one-way drive each day and would rather learn something on my way home than listen to music. Any recommendations on what to listen to next? I enjoy true crime, outdoors, and trivia podcasts, but open to other genres as well. Some of the ones I frequent are Meateater, Joe Rogan, and The Initials Game.

Last edited by a moderator:

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you like to listen to stories about famous people check out disgraceland or badlands; or if you like history: American scandal, and American history tellers.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Jason Mitchell Outdoors
Review Your Gear
Scheels

I listen to these ^ as well as some sports ones.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Big honker is hilarious.
All the other ones are dog centric most would find boring.

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Mostly comedy for me now days. I choose and pick from probably 30 different podcasts, but the ones I listen to the most loyally are:

Theo Von - This Past Weekend
Joe Rogan (probably 50%, the fighting ones are a snooze fest)
Tim Dillon Show (absolute gold, funniest man on the planet. No political side is safe and it's great!)
Ben Shapiro show almost daily
Bill Burr (been very selective on these. Dude is hilarious but got too political last couple of years)
Jordan Peterson Lectures

I used to listen to tons of hunting podcasts. Now it's just regurgitated circle jerks of them all taking turns having each other on. Hardly anything interesting. Every episode of Kifaru cast is now the same. Was a day one meat eater podcast guy from back when he was first on Rogan 8 years ago and was talked into starting one. Have listened to maybe 4 in the last few years. It used to be Steve doing a legit interview for a couple hours with a very interesting person that was often an expert in a field. Now it's 8 people talking over each acting like experts while the expert guest just sits there quiet and then it's over. The one hunting podcast I still listen to that's always something new and entertaining is Tundra Talk but he's been really thin on releasing new episodes the last year or so. It's one of the only ones that feels authentic IMO.

VDAWG

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you enjoy true crime, give Midwest Murder a listen. They are based out of Minot and all their episodes are about murders that happened in the midwest. They are acquiring quite a large following and growing fast. They have a number of episodes that cover cases from ND. All of their episodes are recorded live and the one time I went to watch one of their live episodes I really enjoyed it!

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Recently started listening to a podcast about a 20 year old college student, Josh Guimond, that went missing from St. John's University in Collegeville, MN. Vanished without a trace 20 years ago. Very intriguing.....I went to St. John's for two years out of high school and can relate to all the places they talk about.

Simply Vanished | An Investigative Podcast

I have a 30 minute one-way drive each day and would rather learn something on my way home than listen to music. Any recommendations on what to listen to next? I enjoy true crime, outdoors, and trivia podcasts, but open to other genres as well. Some of the ones I frequent are Meateater, Joe Rogan, and The Initials Game.
By what you posted, I bet you would enjoy the podcast Serial.

Jm1986

Founding Member
Founding Member
If your into military podcasts check out the Shawn Ryan show. Some of his interviews make you wonder how these guys are still alive, breathing, or even walking. Better than Jocko without a doubt.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
"A history of rock music in 500 songs" what could be better then learning about the history of the genre we call rock and roll. The episodes are around 30 minutes and they don't have all those dumb commercials like other podcast do. I'm listening to the introduction of the motown influence in the early 60s. The man who narrates the podcast is an English gent which isn't bad since he isn't in a strictly mono tone dialect. He brings a lot of incite into the early classic performers that I feel alot of the older members would find interesting and we'll as bring back some memories of yesteryear.

7mmMag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mostly comedy for me now days. I choose and pick from probably 30 different podcasts, but the ones I listen to the most loyally are:

Theo Von - This Past Weekend
Joe Rogan (probably 50%, the fighting ones are a snooze fest)
Tim Dillon Show (absolute gold, funniest man on the planet. No political side is safe and it's great!)
Ben Shapiro show almost daily
Bill Burr (been very selective on these. Dude is hilarious but got too political last couple of years)
Jordan Peterson Lectures
2 Bears 1 Cave is a great comedy podcast to add to that list.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 76