Population Explosion of Canadian "Super Pigs" Could Spread Into the Northern U.S.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Interesting. WIld Boars that were cross bred with domestic pigs. May have already started invading Mn, ND, Montana, Wi.
Interesting
https://fieldandstream.com scroll down, bottom right under conservation.

Last edited:

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
There are wild pigs in the Turtle Mt. In fact been there for some time but i assume ones that got away at one time or another. No, one cannot bait them. db

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Years ago there was something in the proclamation with Deer tags about them being in Western N.D. And not shoot them but report them to game and fish. This had to be close to 15 yrs ago.

ND 41 Hunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I spoke with a G&F official years ago about the "report don't shoot" stance. He said they were hoping the group wasn't split up and made spooky so they had a better chance of getting them all at once. Not that it was illegal. Not sure if they have changed that.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
On my bucket list,heading to Texas next month if the weather cooperates.

"Helibacon"...semi auto or for a few extra bucks "full auto" to play door gunner,plenty of feral pigs to choot and....

ND 41 Hunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just found this on G&F website:
"Therefore, shooting of feral pigs is illegal in North Dakota unless a person is protecting property or livestock."

Retired-Guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just found this on G&F website:
"Therefore, shooting of feral pigs is illegal in North Dakota unless a person is protecting property or livestock."
With all the digging type damage I have seen in Texas, I think anyone who anytime shoots one of them sorry SOBs is protecting property and livestock.

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wild pigs are better eating than any domestic swine I’ve ever eaten. Went several times to some friends in Missouri and run them with dogs.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 100
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 33