Propane Ice Augers?!?

duckduckgoose

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know a few years ago there was alot of bugs to work out on these. Are the new ones more reliable? Still the problem with starting in cold temps? I am thinking about picking one up this week.

- - - Updated - - -

Nevermind I see there was a similar topic a couple days ago posted!

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
They seem to be just as shitty as ever.
I have yet to change my old jiffy legend.

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ill sell you mine....real cheap too!

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
They seem to be just as shitty as ever.
I have yet to change my old jiffy legend.

I love my jiffy 3.5 hp 10 inch. It weighs 45 lbs haha. I actually dont use it much anymore. I am really impressed with eskimo poweheads. They Are cast aluminum also. They are a two stroke that runs smooth and quiet. I fished this weekend in very cold conditions and the z51 started very well.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I love my jiffy 3.5 hp 10 inch. It weighs 45 lbs haha. I actually dont use it much anymore. I am really impressed with eskimo poweheads. They Are cast aluminum also. They are a two stroke that runs smooth and quiet. I fished this weekend in very cold conditions and the z51 started very well.

I just had my blades sharpened a week ago, and GD I think I need to do it again. Had to lay on the effing thing to get a cut started. Pisses me right off that these blades dulled this quick this time.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well I love my Eskimo propain but will say that Sunday morning I didn't go fishing but I did want to see how it would handle 24 below since she's has been acting a bit goofy on days around zero for the temp. What I found was that the auger was unstartable at that time....even with a brand-new warm tank. After trouble shooting it I found that the adjustment screw on the carb was now way below where it should be. They say set it to 4,000 rpms but mine was more like 2,500 to 3,000. Since then I have not been able to trip it up but it also hasn't been near as cold so its still a wait and wonder time frame. Before she was always a two pull start but sense the adjustment it is now a one pull and go so will be interesting to see what shes like this weekend when it hits ten below.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 183
  • This month: 160
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 65
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 57