Second Auger Battery

With the snowy weather and cold overnight temps I thought I would pose an ice fishing question. I have been using my Strikemaster 40v battery for two years and had no problem with it but had a couple of questions. How long does these batteries last (years wise) and do any of you carry more than 1? Auger cuts ice like butter, one of the better investments i've made!

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Same question.
I am also on 2 years, and haven't purchase a back up battery, as the cost is pretty high.

I pack a generator in the Ranger, just incase I need to charge the battery on the Ranger, and figured I could use it to charge the auger battery, but figure the time I might need it, the bitch wouldn't start.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maybe a cigarette lighter dc/ac converter would power your auger battery charger

that way your transport rig is your charging “generator”

that’s how I’m set up (Milwaukee makes a cigarette lighter style charger for their batteries)

might even use the thing this year

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use an ion. I usually carry two batteries with but never need to use the second one unless i forget to charge it which rarely happens. I'm sure when they get old and crap out it'll go quick.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84