Property taxes

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
So I got the property tax statement. Insane as usual. But looking it over closely something puzzles me. They have three columns. 2020,2021 and 2022 tax breakdown. Right under the tax year heading they list the amount of property tax relief provided by the state legislature. One would think the legislative relief would an amount subtracted from what you would owe without it. So let’s say your tax was $3000. If you had $1000 in legislative relief your amount owed would be $2000. So on my three years 2020 legislative relief was $2300. The next two years it was roughly $200. But what’s strange is the amount I had to pay only changed by a couple hundred bucks each year. I see nowhere that the $2300 legislative relief was ever factored in. What the hell am I missing. Mills didn’t change much.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Its all a ripoff --- property tax and sales tax -- they both ride along with inflation. Our govenor just put out the largest budget ever. They will budget even more in 2023 and then when the values drop or inflation slows sales then they will bitch for an increase.

How many cities increased sales tax to pay for general property tax items. Fire Police. Another ripoff. West Fargo has grown in size by XXXXX yet they still needed to charge the extra sales tax. Everyone is passive about it -- thats the amazing part. Parents vote yes on anything tax that has to do with their children.

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Do you own your house or does a mortgage company? We got a notice in the mail that we had tax relief. That relief check for 2022 was sent to the mortgage company. Since they own the house, they pay the taxes and charge me for it. The refund payment was reflected in our lowered mortgage payment. It may also just be sitting in your escrow if your mortgage company doesn't have an upper limit to the amount that may be in it.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Old but with that no bank house payment and never had an escrow account but still have to pay property tax. On my own for that as i guess in the old days the bank did trust me to take care of things like insurance and property tax.

Need to see if i have any of that property tax relief.

It is all good. db

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
All said and done, your income is about 25% yours the rest goes right to the government in one form or tax or another.

Make $200,000, well you actually take home about $50,000
Do you kick puppies and kittens too?? way to ruin my day

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was so disgusted that I threw mine in a corner. What a f-ing scam. Every year I write "Government Theft" in the memo area on my check. I'm a badass.

But back on topic, I'll say I don't get the "Legislative tax relief" either. Mine was 2600-2700 the last 3 years. It's not clear how that factors into the ridiculous amount I'm left to pay. My theory is that it's a made up number to make us think we got a deal, so we don't go all jan-6 on their asses.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
So if you only make 50,000 how much do you get to think you take home. I have never got an unemployment check or government hand out except the co-vid free for all. Only thing that I can remember getting from the government was a couple bricks of cheese and I was pissed at the old lady for that. It was good cheese though. LB

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
So if you only make 50,000 how much do you get to think you take home. I have never got an unemployment check or government hand out except the co-vid free for all. Only thing that I can remember getting from the government was a couple bricks of cheese and I was pissed at the old lady for that. It was good cheese though. LB
About 12 bucks

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member

eyexer, Did your True and Full Value go up ?​

No it actually went down a little in 2022. None of it makes sense. The only thing that makes sense is if the state did pay that $2000+ they paid it to the county and the county has been charging everybody they’re normal property tax amount and double dipping. Which is what I suspect has happened. I’m going to email the auditors office and find out what the deal is. We definitely need a property tax abolishment on the next election. People have simply had enough. Especially now with the absolutely insane amount of money the state has amassed. You’d swear to god the state is a for profit corporation. Term limits was a good start to rectifying all the years of asshattery going on in Bismarck

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
No it actually went down a little in 2022. None of it makes sense. The only thing that makes sense is if the state did pay that $2000+ they paid it to the county and the county has been charging everybody they’re normal property tax amount and double dipping. Which is what I suspect has happened. I’m going to email the auditors office and find out what the deal is. We definitely need a property tax abolishment on the next election. People have simply had enough. Especially now with the absolutely insane amount of money the state has amassed. You’d swear to god the state is a for profit corporation. Term limits was a good start to rectifying all the years of asshattery going on in Bismarck
I agree.
Plus the piles of oil revenue being funneled into Cass county seems a bit Bullshittyish.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
With oil prices up, tax income to the state is also way up again, I wonder if the legislature will have trouble spending it all...

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
They don't appear to have any problem spending money or getting rid of any excess, when they do get in a bind , they just give a bunch of it away and problem solved.

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Some of the Legacy Fund should be handed out to the tax payers every year

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Some of the Legacy Fund should be handed out to the tax payers every year
That money is for our children. You’ll just spend it on Busch Light anyway. It should be used to reintroduce bison to the landscape. Also NVG and thermal optics, belt-feds, mortars, anti-drone weapons, signal jammers, and body armor. For the children. In case Canada invades, of course.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 161
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88