Queens

Maddog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Did the queens make the playoffs this year?
I don't follow the NFL any more but wanted to know if there was any chance of hell freezing over or if we are good to go - again.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Agreed maddog whocares,nfl like the nba sucks in my book too.

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Worthless bunch of black Goldilocks dancing around with their heads chopped off

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Very few give a shit about the NFL anymore

- - - Updated - - -

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
It was meant as sarcasm.
Close only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades, and drive-in movies.

LOL,I know,you made me think of the old adage... actually haven't missed watching one pro game this year as I was avid nut on sunday's,tailgating and such,miss the old days,old great players,tailgated with Matt Birks mom/dad his rookie year at the old met center,great folks and story how Matt took care of his folks with his first big contract,he told me it was for his folks putting him thru college,harvard I think? big money still today.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
LOL,I know,you made me think of the old adage... actually haven't missed watching one pro game this year as I was avid nut on sunday's,tailgating and such,miss the old days,old great players,tailgated with Matt Birks mom/dad his rookie year at the old met center,great folks and story how Matt took care of his folks with his first big contract,he told me it was for his folks putting him thru college,harvard I think? big money still today.

You must be referring to the METRODOME where he played versus METROPOLITAN STADIUM as Met Stadium was before Matt's playing time. I recall the folks taking us young kids to either a Twins game or Vikings game at the old Met stadium in Bloomington every year.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
You must be referring to the METRODOME where he played versus METROPOLITAN STADIUM as Met Stadium was before Matt's playing time. I recall the folks taking us young kids to either a Twins game or Vikings game at the old Met stadium in Bloomington every year.

you are correct,little do I know,went to the met stadium once when the queens played the cowboyz in a playoff game,cold as hell buddies carried "boones farm wine in via heavy jacket sleeves,boy did week hang one on,of course queens lost,all of our empty wine bottles ended up on the field . Only other time in the dome was when they opened it mid winter to roller blader,renamed "roller dome" it was a great mid winter work out when its -20 out

Last edited:

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dad took our family to a Twins game at the old Met back in the day. Evidently us snot nosed little tykes were being unruly and with the Twins behind in the game anyway, Dad and mom headed us out early from the game. We listened to the game on the radio on the way home, Twins came back and won...hahahaha.. that'll teach ya to leave early.
Our family moved to Bemidji just after the Vikings left Bemidji for Mankato as their training camp location. Our house was like 2 blocks from the training facility they used when they were in Bemidji..Dang..would have been fun to watch them practice back in the day when i was young.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Used to have season tickets to the Vikings in the old Met. Was there for the last game ever in that stadium. I’ve never seen pandemonium like I did on that day

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Used to take the train down to the Twin Cities every year a couple times a year. One trip would be to watch the Yankees and the Twins in a series and the other would be when the Packers played the Vikings. Road the train all by myself both ways as a young Lad. Never had any trouble and my aunt and uncle would meet the train in the Cities to pick me up. They would take me to the games and then i would head home after a few days there.
My Uncle always said, I was the only one cheering for the Yankees there! I think he was kidding but i was a big Yankees fan. Got to meet a lot of the players as my Uncle was good friends with a couple people in the Twins office. Met a lot of Yankee players too as they would come over to sign autographs for me, being i was yelling so hard for them. Now that brings back some darn good memories when players played for the love of the game and for the fans! Especially remember Mickey Mantle quite often looked like death warmed over as he was quite often hung over from the night before. Nice guy though but stunk of booze.

Last edited:

7mmMag

Founding Member
Founding Member

I 100% disagree with this. I don't know anyone personally that stopped watching the NFL. The only people that I see complaining about it is people on here.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
My best friend from HD quit watching, and he even quit watching the Cubbies. NFL was easy for him as he was a charger fan. And he HAS $$$. He paid some big bucks to go to a couple home playoff games when Cubs won WS.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 70
  • This month: 51
  • This month: 47
  • This month: 38
  • This month: 36
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 28
  • This month: 28