Raising kids.....

JCNodak

Honored Member
johnr you hit it on the head. our public education systems are teaching liberal based viewpoints and it is sickening. how many of you remeber being force fed al gore and global warming in school? what happened to acid rain? i was taught that too. im not saying or trying to turn this into a public versus private debate but my 3 boys will be going to a private school. again not saying private schools are any better than public but they keep God in the curriculum and that is where our public schools have failed because a few " other religions" are mad, and feel it shouldnt be taught our public schools have turned into a PC nightmare where boys and girls pee in the same bathroom.

again sorry for the rant but imo public education is a dam mess across the country that cave into political agendas for a few $ in return.

It's so easy to blame the school, or the teacher, or the education system. They are simply doing what they are required by law to do. I am married to a teacher. She would give anything and do anything for her crap head students. Most teachers I know would. They don't want to be pushing a liberal agenda, but they have to. It's the law. Why is it the law? I don't know. Maybe ask your local representation. But I do know that it bothers me when people bomb out with the "our education system sucks" line. Private or home school is in every way your right. But don't blame the teachers or even the principals for not trying to give the kids the best possible experience that they can. Rant over.

I have two daughters. Neither of them want anything to do with the outdoors. Youngest plays sports but that's it. I've introduced it but it didn't take. My fault? Maybe. But they do respect it. If they don't like it, I'm not going to force it. As long as they are doing something (music, art, theater) and are always respectful and courteous of others, that's all I can ask. I can hope for some good sons in law and maybe some grand sons eventually to show the ropes.

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
Your kids are your responsibility …it’s not teachers job, or daycare’s job or Nana’s job or the TV’s job or computer’s job it’s your job they are your kids…once everyone figures that out again a lot of this wussification will go by the wayside…just think for a minute about the 60s, 70s and even 80s di our parents or grandparents ever blame someone else for who “you” were raised…why now is it everyone elses fault…look in the mirror and except some responsibility…

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Even if you don't know what you are doing, being with a parent rather than being home along or in front of a video game is good. My kids went on many hunting trips even if school was on. They kept up their home work and also learned lifes lessons by hunting with Dad. Don't get me wrong as i screwed up many times and worked way more than i should have while having little ones at home. I apologize to them quite often for missing things back then and they just say don't worry about it Dad we turned out OK and you were working and that is how you were brought up. There is a fine line between being a workaholic and trying to be a parent. Work is something that we do to make money to support our family, and family is what life is all about. I enjoyed working but i also enjoy and love my family! Work will never take the place of family in my heart. I tell my wife and my kids how much i love them and how proud i am of them all the time. Might not be here tomorrow and they can never hear this enough in my opinion!!!
Enjoy your kids while they are at home as they grow up so quickly and we get old too fast .

Last edited:

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I really appreciate all the thoughtful replies to this thread. I truly wanted your input and it sounds like many of you see it similarly to me.

I have to share a small but significant win that happened when I got home from work tonight. My boys met me at the door, all excited to show me a "rare" football card - autographed "Artist Proof" (#14 of 35). They quickly went on to say their friend forgot it at our house so we need to call him to make sure he gets it back. About 2 months ago, my boys had a similar football card stolen by a different friend they had over for a play date. I knew what had happened and told my wife she needed to call the kid's mom and have her talk to him. She balked at it because it was uncomfortable, but ultimately did it. End of the story is the kid showed up in tears in our driveway and returned the card. I told him I was proud of him and let him know that owning up is a huge step to being a man. He's one of my boys best friends to this day and they all learned a valuable lesson about friends and life. Today was proof that lesson was learned - it wasn't even a question in their minds that this rare card didn't belong to them and needed to go back to the kid who owned it.

I'm so proud of my boys I can't stop smiling - and I made sure they knew it.

Thanks again for the responses - they restored some faith for me that there is a small army who still gets it and are raising their kids to be great adults. God help us otherwise.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88