Range questions???

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Rifle sight in went great.
I like shooting 5 shot groups. How long should I let the barrel cool down between rounds? The rifle is a Bergara B-14 243.
At the end of 5 rounds it was very warm/hot. I was going to check 3 different loads however didn't because of time.
What is your preference on rest? Bags? Or a Case Guard Predator shooting rest? I have access to both.
Thanks!

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Let it cool don't take too long 15 minutes or so, will help if you use rest same rest each time works for me

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Let it cool don't take too long 15 minutes or so, will help if you use rest same rest each time works for me
I suppose I should just do 3 shot groups instead of 5. Since I am old, senile and shaky I like chosing 3 out of the 5. Don't count the 2 flyers for measuring my group. :eek:

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Rifle sight in went great.
I like shooting 5 shot groups. How long should I let the barrel cool down between rounds? The rifle is a Bergara B-14 243.
At the end of 5 rounds it was very warm/hot. I was going to check 3 different loads however didn't because of time.
What is your preference on rest? Bags? Or a Case Guard Predator shooting rest? I have access to both.
Thanks!
I just have to say it, how long have you been shooting guns? To have to ask how long to let your barrel cool down is a no brainer. I don't care if it's a Bergara. Savage or any other manufacturer if you can't hold on to the barrel with your bare hands it's to hot. If you can hold on to it, shoot it.

And a rest???? What ever you shoot the best with.

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
It is a lot a fun I still go out all the time. Good articles can be found online or ask as you have. Shoot often and enjoy it is therapy for me.
Excellent therapy! A couple of us older guys generally go early and it is like we own the place.
When we do run into some much younger guys it is very much a pleasure as they are always very considerate and polite.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
If you are talking to a guy that can put one in your melon at 200 yards I would be polite and considerate too. LB :):):):):) SIR

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 330
  • This month: 193
  • This month: 185
  • This month: 132
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 94
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 79