Ready for open water~

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Ran down to Audubon Tuesday afternoon - fished for about 3 hours until dusk. Didn't mark a single fish...dead sea. Very ready for open water - but man it's gonna be a while. Ice was nearly 35inches...no sustained warm up in sight next 2 weeks! Uggh...

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bill dance is the man. He can make a 5 lb bass feel like a whale !

buckhunter24_7

Founding Member
Founding Member
Me too bud Coulee fishing is going to be epic this spring
6B97C708-70DF-452C-8CC8-9CAFFB0C09A1.jpeg

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Bills bit's with snake encounters are piss your pants funny...With all the bullshit happening around us today,a good laugh goes a long way.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
We will be ice fishing into early June if these temps don't turn around. Just sayin'.....

thriller1

Founding Member
Founding Member
We will be ice fishing into early June if these temps don't turn around. Just sayin'.....

With gas prices the way its going, we'll all be fishing from shore. Just sayin'.....

Thanks Poopy Pants obiden

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm ready - it means that we can move back to the cabin on Metigoshe. No more of this 60/70/80° weather in SJ!!! The down side is UND hockey will be over. That's a real Friday/Saturday night regular feature.

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm starting to get excited about it. The 50's and 60's that are coming will probably boost the excitement a little. I also just bought an upgraded trolling motor for the boat, so I will probably pull it home in 2 to 3 weeks to install everything and be ready.

Weekender

★★★ Legendary Member
I've caught myself looking at the boat in the shop quite a bit the last couple weeks... On the bright side, walleye fishing should pick up soon for late ice. I don't have a whole lot to get ready for this boat season, I'm sure I'll tie up a few more spinners that I don't need and re-tie leaders on my poles.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I'm starting to get excited about it. The 50's and 60's that are coming will probably boost the excitement a little. I also just bought an upgraded trolling motor for the boat, so I will probably pull it home in 2 to 3 weeks to install everything and be ready.

Which trolling motor did you go with?

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
Which trolling motor did you go with?

Minnkota Powerdrive 70/60 with Ipilot and US2. I bought a new Tracker last year that came with the 55lb. I wanted them to update it before I bought it, but they said they were out of stock and couldn't get anymore in. I had them put the copilot on so I had the remote at the least. It was good for one year, but I really wanted spot lock and a little more power.

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
^^ Nice man - I've had a Motorguide Xi5 for 4 years now. The spotlock is very good, I've got the 24v 80lb - last year I upgraded my trolling motor batteries to 31 series...can pull cranks at 2mph for 8 hours with no issue. Bring on open water!

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
So you're saying 31 series is the way to go? I do need to buy a second battery and possibly a different charger. I have a two bank now that is mounted in the back of the boat by the cranking battery. The trolling battery is under the rod locker and I don't know if I can pull wires through and upgrade to a three bank. I don't know why I would need to have it connected to the cranking battery so I am thinking of moving the charger closer to the batteries and saving some money. Or should I keep the charger connected to the cranking battery and buy a different charger for the two trolling batteries?

ndfinfan

★★★★★ Legendary Member
^^ I've never had a charger attached to my crank battery - but that's just me. In 6 years I've never gone more than 2 weeks without having the boat in the water running the big motor so crank batt can charge. Suppose if a guy didn't take their boat our regularly to where the crank battery can charge good every week, might make sense to keep it on a charger. And yes - 31 series batteries worth the extra cost to me...but I use the heck out of my trolling motor!

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
Excellent! I use my boat pretty much every weekend (who knows about this year). If it does have to sit for a while I can always hook a tender up to it.

Thank you

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88