recommendations for buying a new bed

bigbrad123

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looking at buying a new mattress. I swear there was a thread about it awhile ago, but I can't find it. I know mine is starting to sag (we've had it for probably 12 years), but I just can't stomach buying a new one with how expensive they are nowadays. What do you guys recommend? And was it worth the price? The wife has wanted a new one for quite awhile and I am starting to cave! ;:;banghead

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have heard good things about Comfort King and Beds by Design in Fargo….both very competitively priced, and by that I mean cheaper than your furniture stores. I know Comfort King will adjust the materials in your mattress firm or soften for the life of the mattress only costing you materials

nxtgeneration

Founding Member
Founding Member
We bought a Denver Mattress. It was a little cheaper than some of the other brands but from what I could tell it seemed to be of just a good quality. I think it was in the $600 range for a pillow top queen. Just some advice though. If you have a dog, do not let them dig a hole all the way through the mattress or you will be switching sides that you sleep on until you get a new one...

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
latest
TempurPedic

- - - Updated - - -

That's the Tempurpedic Angel of Good Sleep.

I love my sweet sweet angel.

- - - Updated - - -

old skaters know a thing or two about sore bodies

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Americas mattress, and then punch the guy in the face for the damn commercials he has made me listen to for over a decade...

JUSTWINGNIT

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do not get a sleep number. Complete horseshit of a bed. I've had one for 6 damn years and have still yet to find "my number"

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
I will say it is definatly worth spending for a decent mattress. I bought a Simons buetyrest black 6mnths ago. It is not the firmest but close. I wake up and no more back pain! It also has some gel or foam that keeps it much cooler. Just do your research beforehand most furniture stores often offer 30% discounts ask for that anytime and most will do it. Also make sure they give you atleast a 30 day trial. Those beds in the store are jumped on by every kid that comes threw there. The actual one you take home may feel completly differnt. When looking at prices make sure they put the box springs in there as well.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
TempurPedic, only bad thing is they jump $1k at a time. If you purchase the cheaper and don't like, toss in another grand to upgrade. Did that twice, but found the one that we finally liked

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
With all my back and neck problems i have tried so darn many pillows and mattresses i know i could buy a darn nice side by side from those purchases. Mattresses usually last me from 6 months to 2 years if i was lucky. Spent up to 5 grand on one mattress and it didn't last any longer than a 600 dollar one.
My last mattress i bought off of Amazon as my nephew has them in his house and we stayed there and i really liked it. So he sent me a link and i ordered one. Had it 2 1/2 years now i think and it hasn't sunk or anything and is as good as the day we bought it. It is foam too but isn't hot like some of them i tried. Best thing is it shipped in a box and cost a little over $600 for a king. Here is the link but it is firm! I like it but some might not.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EZ5TB4W/?tag=nodakangler10-20

Pillows i use now are My Pillow. We order the firmest ones and my bride takes some of the stuffing out that i need and sews it back up and they work great for me. I have spent over $300 on a pillow and it isn't any better at least not for me.

Good luck as nothing worse than a mattress or pillow that doesn't give you comfort!

Down to 500 now on the mattress.

Last edited:

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
As mentioned above, make sure you get a trial run when you're spending that kind of money. There isn't a mattress that's perfect for everyone. Firm is usually your best route and then if you need to soften it up you can add layers to the top. But, and this is coming from a so called spine expert, punch that americas mattress guy in the face.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Stearns and Foster will probably get my business for life. Got a Queen and a King. Unless I am staying at a swank hotel, the beds are my biggest gripe since I am pampered at home.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
latest
TempurPedic

- - - Updated - - -

That's the Tempurpedic Angel of Good Sleep.

I love my sweet sweet angel.

- - - Updated - - -

old skaters know a thing or two about sore bodies

Wasn't pleased when wife said she ordered one. Now I will defend that mattress with my life. I sleep good on anything but that is like sleeping on angel wings with a sprinkle of unicorn dust. Guywhoisverywise knows

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
My last mattress i bought off of Amazon as my nephew has them in his house and we stayed there and i really liked it. So he sent me a link and i ordered one. Had it 2 1/2 years now i think and it hasn't sunk or anything and is as good as the day we bought it. It is foam too but isn't hot like some of them i tried. Best thing is it shipped in a box and cost a little over $600 for a king. Here is the link but it is firm! I like it but some might not.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EZ5TB4W/?tag=nodakangler10-20

Brokenback, Have you ever tried a waterbed ?

I'm pretty sure that's the one we have, Or something close to it, Price was about the same. Everyone is different but it doesn't work at all for me . Just like clockwork , After 3 hours I wake up with a backache and the only way it goes away is if I walk it off then I'm usually good for another 3 hours . If I happen to sleep longer than 3 hours I have to roll out on the floor and stretch before I can get up. I can sleep on the soft couch and not near as bad, I'm thinking of trying a waterbed again , We had one years ago and I slept like a baby but when we remodeled we got rid of it. Does anyone use a waterbed ?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 36
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 15
  • This month: 14
  • This month: 13
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 12