Trolling motor batteries

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
How's the batteries lookin
They are actually good, 4 years old, but take full charge, and should give you a full couple days of fishing between charges.
Iffn anyone is interested in 3 good batteries lightly used, at a fraction of new cost

Last edited:

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
It was a factory Lund special addition. Think my boat is a 2007, or maybe 09. Either way that charger lived a pretty long life, and likely I screwed it up leaving it plugged in for 5 months straight.
Local dealer has a 3 bank, not sure on brand, but will be installing it this weekend.

Also need to replace the little livewell rear pump, as my 10amp fuse didnt get her going this spring...haha
My lund is like yours so when it went couple years ago I put same one back in Lund Pro Professional, lasted me that long so why not, too many horror stories now days on these chargers. I went with Minnkota one in Dads boat I got, redid it couple years ago has been good so far, I just leave that one plugged in year round never an issue they told me.

Myk Lund

Founding Member
Founding Member
It was a factory Lund special addition. Think my boat is a 2007, or maybe 09. Either way that charger lived a pretty long life, and likely I screwed it up leaving it plugged in for 5 months straight.
Local dealer has a 3 bank, not sure on brand, but will be installing it this weekend.

Also need to replace the little livewell rear pump, as my 10amp fuse didnt get her going this spring...haha
I think I have the same boat and year model you do. I feel your pain. New motor, New charger, batteries pump, trailer lights, rear cable plug twice, cubby lock, rod locker lock, on and on. Still paid for though. I hope that is the fix. 👌

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think I have the same boat and year model you do. I feel your pain. New motor, New charger, batteries pump, trailer lights, rear cable plug twice, cubby lock, rod locker lock, on and on. Still paid for though. I hope that is the fix. 👌
I have put in new trolling batteries 3 times now, new trolling motor once, new optimax 225 twice, new locators twice, 2 seat pedestals, windshield, and some minor this and that, but like you, I paid it off about 10 years ago, and it gets me everywhere just the same as my buddies $120,000 one gets him.

Probably as stated cost me $500-$1,000 a year in maintenance stuff, still pretty cheap fun, just sucks in this high inflation, that of course is not political, and nothing to do with bidenomics...haha

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have put in new trolling batteries 3 times now, new trolling motor once, new optimax 225 twice, new locators twice, 2 seat pedestals, windshield, and some minor this and that, but like you, I paid it off about 10 years ago, and it gets me everywhere just the same as my buddies $120,000 one gets him.

Probably as stated cost me $500-$1,000 a year in maintenance stuff, still pretty cheap fun, just sucks in this high inflation, that of course is not political, and nothing to do with bidenomics...haha
Me not as bad same Mercury main and kicker helps I have master mercury friend too, yes have to update trolling motor and graphs and batteries few little things I am just happy and don't want to spend coin for the fishing I do now with poor health. Like all things toys cost for sure.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 133
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 77
  • This month: 77
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 47