recommendations for buying a new bed

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
Davey, Had a waterbed when I was younger. Slept fine on it, but at that age I slept fine where ever I could lay my head. Biggest issues for me were if it gets unplugged you wake up with hypothermia. Or you wake up soked.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
One time I had to sleep with my cousin during Christmas(I was about 9 years old and he was 10). He had a waterbed and apparently Fuller had a bit too much Pepsi before bed. I woke up in a small lake of urine. Never been a waterbed fan after that.

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
We have been using a serta icomfort for the last 6 years. Awesome bed, except I'm a big dude so now it's time for a new one. Springan furniture here in stanley is having a sale on them right now so we will be purchasing another one this weekend when I go on days off. Best damned bed I've ever slept on. Period. I think my wife said the king sized bed and box springs will come out to about $800 and it's worth every damned penny.

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
sorry bout the hijack, but does anyone know if you can put these better mattresses on one of the folding frames???

my old recliner broke - i'm sleeping in a new one, and in a bad way right now... gotta try something different...

bigbrad123

Founding Member
Founding Member
We have been using a serta icomfort for the last 6 years. Awesome bed, except I'm a big dude so now it's time for a new one. Springan furniture here in stanley is having a sale on them right now so we will be purchasing another one this weekend when I go on days off. Best damned bed I've ever slept on. Period. I think my wife said the king sized bed and box springs will come out to about $800 and it's worth every damned penny.

Will have to check this one out. No problem spending $800 on a bed, but can't stomach spending $2k and not have it provide me a happy ending too.

- - - Updated - - -

I will say it is definatly worth spending for a decent mattress. I bought a Simons buetyrest black 6mnths ago. It is not the firmest but close. I wake up and no more back pain! It also has some gel or foam that keeps it much cooler. Just do your research beforehand most furniture stores often offer 30% discounts ask for that anytime and most will do it. Also make sure they give you atleast a 30 day trial. Those beds in the store are jumped on by every kid that comes threw there. The actual one you take home may feel completly differnt. When looking at prices make sure they put the box springs in there as well.

Not a big fan of firm beds. In fact can't stand it. Need to be soft. Wife wants one where she doesn't feel me roll over and stuff. Memory foam maybe? I do like the idea of the gel or whatever that keeps it cool.

WT2121

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have a Simmons foam bed. It is similar to Tempurpedic. Like it except it is too warm. Need a mattress for my camper. Do not know what we will purchase but will check out Denver Mattress and others.

NodakBuckeye

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have had a sleep number for going on 11 years; best part of going on vacation or any trip is coming home and finally getting a good night's sleep. Have a crappy lower back and cannot sleep if too warm, the mattress has been a lifesaver. I have slept on memory foam type mattresses and they are good too, just suck up every bit of thermal energy and beam it right back to me.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
As mentioned above, make sure you get a trial run when you're spending that kind of money. There isn't a mattress that's perfect for everyone. Firm is usually your best route and then if you need to soften it up you can add layers to the top. But, and this is coming from a so called spine expert, punch that americas mattress guy in the face.

Is there a best sleeping position ?

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
latest
TempurPedic

- - - Updated - - -

That's the Tempurpedic Angel of Good Sleep.

I love my sweet sweet angel.

- - - Updated - - -

old skaters know a thing or two about sore bodies

I really really like mine.

dirtybirds14

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mattresses are expensive, but most places let you finance it even some out to even 2 years at 0%. The lady I bought mine from told me "you will spend $40,000 on a new pickup, but you won't spend $1500 on a new bed you spend up to 8hr's a day in" she made a good point. It also didn't hurt that she wasn't the hardest thing on the eyes and I still only got a mattress that day.

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
Those icomforts do have the temperature control beads in them. They are a gel bead that helps regulate body temp and are great. Don't really notice it in the winter ter, but they definately help in the summer time when trying to stay cool

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
My last mattress i bought off of Amazon as my nephew has them in his house and we stayed there and i really liked it. So he sent me a link and i ordered one. Had it 2 1/2 years now i think and it hasn't sunk or anything and is as good as the day we bought it. It is foam too but isn't hot like some of them i tried. Best thing is it shipped in a box and cost a little over $600 for a king. Here is the link but it is firm! I like it but some might not.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EZ5TB4W/?tag=nodakangler10-20

Brokenback, Have you ever tried a waterbed ?

I'm pretty sure that's the one we have, Or something close to it, Price was about the same. Everyone is different but it doesn't work at all for me . Just like clockwork , After 3 hours I wake up with a backache and the only way it goes away is if I walk it off then I'm usually good for another 3 hours . If I happen to sleep longer than 3 hours I have to roll out on the floor and stretch before I can get up. I can sleep on the soft couch and not near as bad, I'm thinking of trying a waterbed again , We had one years ago and I slept like a baby but when we remodeled we got rid of it. Does anyone use a waterbed ?
Yep tried them in my younger years. Wouldn't even attempt it now though. I really like the one we have now and would replace it with the same if the time ever comes. I can flop around on it like a beached whale and my bride doesn't even know i moved. It say it is firm but others don't think it is too bad but we put a soft topper on it.

gonefshn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've had a Serta IComfort for a couple of years now. It's their best memory foam one and was a couple k (even with fiancé's employee discount deal). I'd always been one who if I was in a bed more than 6 or 7 hours or so my back would be sore. Not so with this mattress. It's great. Only downside is that it's a complete memory foam mattress and now after a couple years it's not as firm as it was in the areas where you sleep. I see now their better ones have both springs and memory foam. Probably get one of those next time around.

Chas'n Tail

Founding Member
Founding Member
Stearns and Foster will probably get my business for life. Got a Queen and a King. Unless I am staying at a swank hotel, the beds are my biggest gripe since I am pampered at home.
X2. Sterns and Foster will get my business from here on out. You're gonna spend the money up front, but holy balls is it worth it.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
My last mattress i bought off of Amazon as my nephew has them in his house and we stayed there and i really liked it. So he sent me a link and i ordered one. Had it 2 1/2 years now i think and it hasn't sunk or anything and is as good as the day we bought it. It is foam too but isn't hot like some of them i tried. Best thing is it shipped in a box and cost a little over $600 for a king. Here is the link but it is firm! I like it but some might not.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EZ5TB4W/?tag=nodakangler10-20

Brokenback, Have you ever tried a waterbed ?

I'm pretty sure that's the one we have, Or something close to it, Price was about the same. Everyone is different but it doesn't work at all for me . Just like clockwork , After 3 hours I wake up with a backache and the only way it goes away is if I walk it off then I'm usually good for another 3 hours . If I happen to sleep longer than 3 hours I have to roll out on the floor and stretch before I can get up. I can sleep on the soft couch and not near as bad, I'm thinking of trying a waterbed again , We had one years ago and I slept like a baby but when we remodeled we got rid of it. Does anyone use a waterbed ?

Hey the 1970's called, they are willing to negotiate....hahaha

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 105
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 47
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 36