Remington 11-87 Parts

Colt45

Founding Member
Founding Member
My Remington 12ga. 11-87 malfunctioned this past weekend, wont eject shells and jamms up, so its basically unusable. I took it to a gunsmith in Bismarck and looks like I need the shell latch part. He doesnt have the part on hand and apparently Remington went bankrupt and we cant find the part on the interweb anywhere, all the sites I found were either sold out or it was listed as discontinued. So I am looking for a contact or source for Remington 11-87 parts, any help is appreciated!

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I would pull the trigger group out and check to see if the [FONT=segoe ui, helvetica neue, Helvetica, Roboto, Oxygen, Ubuntu, Cantarell, fira sans, droid sans, sans-serif]Interceptor Latch is in place. Its on the inside of receiver below the bolt. I have fixed lots of 1100 and 11-87 and other than a broken firing pins there pretty dependable.[/FONT]

[FONT=segoe ui, helvetica neue, Helvetica, Roboto, Oxygen, Ubuntu, Cantarell, fira sans, droid sans, sans-serif]They screw up when people shove screwdrivers into them when they don't have shell all the way in the mag tube.[/FONT]

Colt45

Founding Member
Founding Member
11-87.jpg

Its part #39, on my gun it looks like the forward tip or tab is gone....... probably broke off I assume, and the latch looks to be bent as it bent or sprung in when looking from the bottom into the receiver

- - - Updated - - -

I would pull the trigger group out and check to see if the Interceptor Latch is in place. Its on the inside of receiver below the bolt. I have fixed lots of 1100 and 11-87 and other than a broken firing pins there pretty dependable.

They screw up when people shove screwdrivers into them when they don't have shell all the way in the mag tube.

I had to pull the trigger group out just to get the shells out of the magazine, I drop the trigger group out when I clean it also, so I am very familiar with how the gun comes apart and goes together. I would like to fix it as I've had it so long, cant even guess how many rounds have been through it, between goose and pheasant hunting its a bunch

And I have found used latches on ebay for $60-90, which seems pricey. I would rather find a new one if possibe

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I would take the latch out and bend the tip out ward to see if it helps. You will need to stake the latch back in place when you put it back together.

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Goodluck finding remington anything parts...I aquired my dad's mid 80's 1100 when he went in a home,don't need the shotgun other than sentimental reasons,pretty sure this shotgun hasn't cycled a round in 30+ years,dropped it off at my local gunsmith to have it gone over,of course it needs parts that he can't get like colt...:;:huh

Gotta agree with jiffy,time for a new thunderstick,CZ is getting high marks semi auto as is the sx-4 in the lower price catagory,raise the bar iffin you have deep pockets,consider benelli or beretta A400 as a thought.

Was never a fan of the 11-87,sx-1 or sx-2,browning gold in the past 20 years,they always malfunctioned in cold weather,every one of them ended up a single shot when temps dipped below 20 degrees,my younger days I traveled with two benellis and a bps 10ga just incase one of my hunting buds shotgun decided to take a shit.

Last edited:

Smoke

I’m not sure if it’s the same deal, but I know my dad’s 1100 was rendered a single shot due to something similar. Scheels was able to send it to Remington for a refurbished part installation. I don’t know the cost, but they could maybe help out.

Colt45

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks for the input fellas, I will figure something out, and if I get it working will probably retire it anyways and just get a new semi auto, would like it in working order though. I was hoping someone would hook me up with a remington parts hoarder, gots to be a few of them out there somewhere

Finaddict

Founding Member
Founding Member
Check Laibs Gun Shop in Spicer MN. Last month I got a magazine cap with a swivel stud for my 11-87 from them in stock new.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 146
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88