Representative Dockter

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
There was a light on my way to work that had car sensors. Its behavior was shiit and irked me for three years.

Then one day it miraculously started working reasonably. It always had the sensors in the ground, computer system box, etc. but it sucked. It's like they suddenly decided to enable the sensors or program the lights. Grrrr.

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
agreed. but, there is nothing more frustrating and you would think easily solved than a light that changes for no traffic. i suppose its possible its a safeguard for a situation where a detector may not be working? not sure. happens a lot though. seems like pretty simple technology. left turn signals given for a lane that has no fucking cars in it is another.

looking back i got to wonder how we segued from dockter to traffic signals.
I do believe there are defaults where it will automatically turn in case a car is sitting there but not detected..my problem is why change the light when a whole fleet of cars are coming..do it towards the end of the fleet...

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
There was a light on my way to work that had car sensors. Its behavior was shiit and irked me for three years.

Then one day it miraculously started working reasonably. It always had the sensors in the ground, computer system box, etc. but it sucked. It's like they suddenly decided to enable the sensors or program the lights. Grrrr.
From what I have learned over Bis light system is we no longer have in ground sensors..they are all above sensors mounted to the light systems. They look like cameras.....the in ground were actually better for lighter traffic flow. The bigger the city though the in grounds no longer work...and are shit for motorcycles

I think most of Bis issues are the programming..or programmers

I think Dockter should give up the 300k for a consultant to come in and fix the problem.

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just wait until they start incorporating AI into traffic control. Being able to recognize traffic flow and patterns and tweeking lights and flows in real time. There’s going to be some engineers looking for jobs.

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
I do believe there are defaults where it will automatically turn in case a car is sitting there but not detected..my problem is why change the light when a whole fleet of cars are coming..do it towards the end of the fleet...
Right?! The whole damn convoy of cars you just sat at a red light for 45 seconds with all take off and jockey like it’s the Indy 500 just to have the whole convoy stop again 300 yards down the road. Expressway is this way daily. Damn bear every light.Does anyone in the engineering dept have any ownership in a brake service business or local gas stations?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 250
  • This month: 213
  • This month: 97
  • This month: 94
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 66