Returning Rods

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fireline and all the braids break all the fishing poles. just no stretch
Loosen your drag and when you get a snag point the rod straight at it and grab the spool until either the line breaks or you straighten your hook. Don't use the rod for leverage on a snag.

Last edited:

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
A couple of years ago I managed to snap off two Fenwicks in my garage. One I put a new tip on and the other got trashed. I had another Fenwick jigging rod that snapped when bent over on a snag with fireline. So I took it to Scheels thinking it may be under warranty. Well apparently not but they would send it in and get it fixed/replaced. Well they sent it off and after two months it didn't come back. I went down to Scheels to ask about it. Didn't take but a few minutes and I was walking out with a new Elite Tech for free. My sister that works there told me I should have brought the other two in and they might have replaced them. But it was my fault and it never even crossed my mind to take them back. I've always had great service at Scheels.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
"Don't use your rod for leverage against a snag." Bfishin knows damn right. Cup or thumb your spool. Don't use your rod as leverage against a snag.

Lou63

Founding Member
Founding Member
if I snag with braid I pull out some extra line and wrap it around the rod handle a few turns then pull with the rod inline with the line no stress on the rod and I dont get my hand sliced up by the braided line.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Must warn against the danger of being smacked. Managed a perpendicular Rapala across the balls and a slight stick in the scrot with Trilene when I was 12. Thank God for good friends. It was a good impact...Glad it didn't get my eyes.

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a cardboard tube big enough for rods to get sent in if anyone wants it. Let me know by Sunday or its gonna get campfired!

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Can you believe the "good friend" was laughing his ass off as he helped remove it? Uncool!!!!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84