Robinhood App

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wife and I just started in the stocks game. There is some potentially huge gains to be made yet. We had talked about the market since Feb when I told her that there could be some markets to jump in on (Johnson and Johnson was specifically mention and I kick my own ass for not jumping on it). It is very addicting. We have made enough in just this last week to pay for all the hunting licenses for ND, SD, and MN.

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
I feltl like a vulture investing during covid, but I couldn't help myself. I relied on airlines and cruise lines getting bailouts along with oil coming back around. I sold a bunch of airline and cruiseline stuff Monday, but got a little greedy on some of my oil though I did offload some of those shares too, hopefully buy back in during the next weeks. I still am interested to see how good robinhood does during tax time, but I made enough money already to pay some nerd to fix it if their reports aren't as good as my other accounts. I like the option to buy fraction shares in large companies too. I really like bein able to take money directly from my stock sale and by crypto as well, money I usually would have just sitting in the account has made me 40% after selling stock at a healthy gain, investing in some of the crypto currency which once again come tax time may be interesting.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well today looks like all kinds of opportunities. Not good in the pre market glad I took what i did and didn’t get to greedy . Left some on the table but can’t win them all

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you get GOOD companies that have solid balance sheets you'll do just fine on the down swing, at least not as much down that others. I bought the equity trade fund (ETF) of USO when the price dipped into the negatives. I paid $20/share at 28 shares and yesterday the fund is at $28.43/share for a 39% return!

Another buy-it-and-forget-it ETF is the technology sector, XLK where it balances its shares with Apple, Amazon, Google, etc. That stock ticker I bought at a low of $73/share and it's sitting right now at $104.11/share which gives me a 42% return so far.

Big losses showing up in the futures market today, though!

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you get GOOD companies that have solid balance sheets you'll do just fine on the down swing, at least not as much down that others. I bought the equity trade fund (ETF) of USO when the price dipped into the negatives. I paid $20/share at 28 shares and yesterday the fund is at $28.43/share for a 39% return!

Another buy-it-and-forget-it ETF is the technology sector, XLK where it balances its shares with Apple, Amazon, Google, etc. That stock ticker I bought at a low of $73/share and it's sitting right now at $104.11/share which gives me a 42% return so far.

Big losses showing up in the futures market today, though!

I have dfen etf which has boeing and lockhead martin and others in it that is one of my long holds i sold enough on the high that everything else left in it is profit bought in at 10.35 sold at 22.51 i think to cover the purchase. I did pretty good in the energy sector the last week with the penny stocks buy one day sell the next on a bump. Not so much that the last two days though haha.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
You guys have more balls than me , Or maybe just more good years left in you to see the gains. We pulled everything early when market was dropping and salted it away in a safe place. A month and maybe even two later there were still financial advisors on another site telling people they should leave it in for the long run. That was bad advice if you are retired or just entering retirement age.

It's easy to make a good profit during a healthy strong economy but It's a crapshoot during troubled times like this with bigger profits for the winners and bigger losses for the losers. I always had poor luck at games of chance so it was a no brainer at our age. Good luck to all that are still active. I wonder if there is an online fantasy trading game anywhere , I'd do that but I'd have to leave temptation at the door.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Davey,

You can always throw in a little fun money and play with it, that's what it seems like a lot of these guys are doing. Putting in $100-$1000 "that you are willing to lose" and throwing it at bunch of speculative stuff can keep it fun and exciting without a ton of risk.

Definitely need to approach large retirement accounts differently than fun money. Big difference between throwing a couple hundred, and a couple hundred thousand at that stuff.

FishSticks

Founding Member
Founding Member
I took it in the shorts on oil ETFs and Bitcoin the last few weeks. Buying and selling UCO / SCO / Bitcoin a few times per week. Ended up on the wrong end of things when oil surged

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
You guys have more balls than me , Or maybe just more good years left in you to see the gains. We pulled everything early when market was dropping and salted it away in a safe place. A month and maybe even two later there were still financial advisors on another site telling people they should leave it in for the long run. That was bad advice if you are retired or just entering retirement age.

It's easy to make a good profit during a healthy strong economy but It's a crapshoot during troubled times like this with bigger profits for the winners and bigger losses for the losers. I always had poor luck at games of chance so it was a no brainer at our age. Good luck to all that are still active. I wonder if there is an online fantasy trading game anywhere , I'd do that but I'd have to leave temptation at the door.

i have a 150.00 in this retirement is taking care of by a professional . Its like black jack with some fun money i dont need

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
i have a 150.00 in this retirement is taking care of by a professional . Its like black jack with some fun money i dont need

Or like putting $100 on the Bizon to cover the points....Eazzy $$

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 161
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93