Rush Limbaugh past away this morning

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Couldn't stand Rush or Big Eddy....cut from the same cloth just on opposite sides of the fabric. They're one in the same IMO.

I don't have time for it....

Had to edit because I didn't even realize "he who shoots his own dog" had died. Go figure, that's how much attention I pay to guys like these.

I disagree entirely. Big red ed was nothing like Rush.

But yes they were definitely polar opposites.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dems stoop to new lows:

As Americans Suffer COVID And Blackouts, House Dems Draft Bill To Ban ‘Twice Impeached Presidents’ From Burial At Arlington Cemetery
The “No Glory For Hate Act” was written on January 25th and has been “referred to the Committee on Oversight and Reform in addition to the Committees on Transportation and Infrastructure, Natural Resources, Armed Services, and Veterans’ Affairs.” Among its supporters are Rep. Veronica Escobar, Rep. Grace Napolitano, Rep. Ruben Gallego, and Rep. Judy Chu.
The bill would require the Secretary of Defense to “not approve a determination of eligibility for interment or inurnment in Arlington National Cemetery made by the Secretary of the Army that permits the interment or inurnment in Arlington National Cemetery of any former President that has been twice impeached by the House of Representatives on or before the date of enactment of this Act.”
Therefore, the bill applies exclusively to Donald Trump, as he is the only U.S. president that has been impeached – and acquitted – twice.
What’s more, the act stipulates that “no Federal funds” shall “create or display any symbol, monument, or statue commemorating any former President that has been twice impeached.” Highways, parks, subways, Federal buildings, military installations, and streets are also included in the ban.
Federal funds would also be blocked from being used to “name, designate, or redesignate a Federal building or Federal land” in Trump’s honor.
“No Federal funds or other Federal financial assistance may be provided to a State, political subdivision thereof, or entity if any such funds or financial assistance will be used for the benefit of any building, land, structure, installation, or any other property that bears the name, or is named or designated in commemoration” of Trump, Section three of the bill adds.
The bill would also strip the former President of all benefits from the “Act to provide retirement, clerical assistants, and free mailing privileges to former Presidents of the United States” with the exception of Secret Service protection.

H. R. 484

To prohibit the use of Federal funds for the commemoration of certain former Presidents, and for other purposes.

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
January 25, 2021
Ms. Sánchez (for herself, Ms. Schakowsky, Mrs. Napolitano, Mr. Danny K. Davis of Illinois, Mr. Carson, Ms. Escobar, Ms. Lee of California, Mr. Blumenauer, Mrs. Hayes, Mr. Gallego, Mr. Connolly, Mr. Lowenthal, Ms. Williams of Georgia, and Ms. Chu) introduced the following bill; which was referred to the Committee on Oversight and Reform, and in addition to the Committees on Transportation and Infrastructure, Natural Resources, Armed Services, and Veterans' Affairs, for a period to be subsequently determined by the Speaker, in each case for consideration of such provisions as fall within the jurisdiction of the committee concerned

A BILL
To prohibit the use of Federal funds for the commemoration of certain former Presidents, and for other purposes.
Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,
SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.
This Act may be cited as the “No Glory for Hate Act”.

SEC. 2. FEDERAL FUNDS RESTRICTION ON COMMEMORATING CERTAIN FORMER PRESIDENTS.
Notwithstanding section 3102 of title 40, United States Code, no Federal funds may be used to—

(1) create or display any symbol, monument, or statue commemorating any former President that has been twice impeached by the House of Representatives on or before the date of enactment of this Act or has been convicted of a State or Federal crime relating to actions taken in an official capacity as President of the United States on Federal public land, including any highway, park, subway, Federal building, military installation, street, or other Federal property; or

(2) name, designate, or redesignate a Federal building or Federal land after, or in commemoration of, any former President that has been twice impeached by the House of Representatives on or before the date of enactment of this Act or has been convicted of a State or Federal crime relating to actions taken in an official capacity as President of the United States.
SEC. 3. RESTRICTION OF FEDERAL FUNDS FOR PROPERTY BEARING THE NAME OF CERTAIN FORMER PRESIDENTS.

Notwithstanding any other provision of law, no Federal funds or other Federal financial assistance may be provided to a State, political subdivision thereof, or entity if any such funds or financial assistance will be used for the benefit of any building, land, structure, installation, or any other property that bears the name, or is named or designated in commemoration of, any former President that has been twice impeached by the House of Representatives on or before the date of enactment of this Act or has been convicted of a State or Federal crime relating to actions taken in an official capacity as President of the United States.

SEC. 4. FORMER PRESIDENTS ACT RESTRICTION.
Notwithstanding any provision of the Act entitled “An Act to provide retirement, clerical assistants, and free mailing privileges to former Presidents of the United States, and for other purposes”, approved August 25, 1958 (3 U.S.C. 102 note; commonly known as the “Former Presidents Act of 1958”), any former President that has been twice impeached by the House of Representatives on or before the date of enactment of this Act or has been convicted of a State or Federal crime relating to actions taken in an official capacity as President of the United States is not entitled to receive any benefit, other than Secret Service protection, under such Act.

SEC. 5. PROHIBITION OF BURIAL OF CERTAIN FORMER PRESIDENTS.
Section 7722(a) of title 10, United States Code, is amended by adding at the end the following:

“(3) In carrying out paragraphs (1) and (2), the Secretary of Defense shall not approve a determination of eligibility for interment or inurnment in Arlington National Cemetery made by the Secretary of the Army that permits the interment or inurnment in Arlington National Cemetery of any former President that has been twice impeached by the House of Representatives on or before the date of enactment of this Act or has been convicted of a State or Federal crime relating to actions taken in an official capacity as President of the United States.”.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
cache.php

- - - Updated - - -

The cancel culture dems also don't want any statutes, warships, naval bases or anything named after Trump.

Last edited:

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I disagree entirely. Big red ed was nothing like Rush.

But yes they were definitely polar opposites.

Big red ed - I remember first when he had the republican show - he was a conservative and then turned liberal. It never made any sense - His show was the best though before he went all political. He would have a morning show and then one at night.

I cant take Joel - he is all politics. Jays show is about the only one i listen to anymore.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Couldn't stand Rush or Big Eddy....cut from the same cloth just on opposite sides of the fabric. They're one in the same IMO.

I don't have time for it....

Had to edit because I didn't even realize "he who shoots his own dog" had died. Go figure, that's how much attention I pay to guys like these.

It appears being a bit overweight and having a political radio show is hard your health.

Mr. Stevenson

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Well FWIW, Rush's opinions were audited at 99.6% correct as of Tuesday. Wonder how Ed, McFooley and Joel compare?

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well FWIW, Rush's opinions were audited at 99.6% correct as of Tuesday. Wonder how Ed, McFooley and Joel compare?
There was also a ton of satire on his show that most of the liberals did not understand. When you walk around offend 90% of your life, humor is not humorous.

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
It appears being a bit overweight and having a political radio show is hard your health.

It is true - being fat, sitting on your ass all day, working yourself into a frenzy over everything, and having several decades of smoking under your belt is indeed bad for your health. If you fit this bill, this is your crystal ball.

Like Jiffy, I wasn’t a big fan of either of these guys or the rest of the political talk show hosts who in a weird way found their niche and created a Jesus-like following by trying to make half of the crooked politicians look good while trying to make the other half of the crooked politicians look bad. I’m sure they had a heck of a lot of fun getting you guys all wound up though in the process.

In another weird way, the world we live in today is a product of those crooked politicians and these talk show hosts and the shit storm they all brewed up together.

Last edited:

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Rush at times made a big deal about giving away some of his books, a new iPhone, etc on his show over callers who'd gush about him over the airwaves. That's pretty transparent and obviously public what's going on.

There are folks starting to call and write about some of the private things Rush did to help people that he didn't want made public.

There will be stories that trickle out for years possibly decades about kindnesses and selfless helping acts done away from the public eye.

There are likely limitless examples of selflessness and kindnesses done that hopefully will trickle out as needed to counterpoint the media who couldn't stand him and try to besmirch his legacy.

FlatTopPete

Established Member
I grew up in the early 90's riding around in our farm vehicles with my father listening to Rush. Never understood back then why my Dad was always listening to him. As the years passed on, I found myself tuning in to his radio program and nodding my head in agreement as Rush would talk. It got to the point where I would really look forward to his program and his takes on what is happening in the world. I will miss hearing his voice as it reminds me of growing up and being with my father.

On a sidenote, not that the liberals could stoop any lower, but I personally find it disgusting to see some people on the net celebrating his death. Shocks me to see people celebrate a good American's death. I guess that is where we are at in this country

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think Rush will be like Trump - the lib media will not leave either of them alone because the lib politicians on their side don't give them anything newsworthy to talk about.

TALLAHASSEE — In honor of conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh, Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis on Friday announced he would order flags in Florida to be flown at half-staff when Limbaugh’s body is laid to rest.
Limbaugh, a Florida resident, died Wednesday after battling lung cancer. DeSantis called him a friend. It’s not clear when the flags will be lowered, since the funeral plans for Limbaugh have not been announced yet.
“When there’s things of this magnitude, once the date of interment for Rush is announced, we’re going to be lowering the flags to half staff,” DeSantis said at a news conference in Palm Beach County.

Last edited:

Mr. Stevenson

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Post #20: ZE-freaking-RO "thumbs up". Perhaps the best satire ever conceived post "Spinal Tap". WTF?!!

- - - Updated - - -

And zero for #48...

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93