Sb 2315 - final house vote delayed!!

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is that an aging Steve Carell by Representative Tveit or a cleaned up Alice Cooper?

58EEA784-B19B-4502-B35A-6D823EBFE56A.jpeg
I'm pretty sure it's Dr Drew

Screenshot_20190412-202805.jpg

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Uncle Jimbo, don't worry about it if you cannot make the distinction. Lawmakers, farmers and sportsmen cannot make the distinction either. Keith Trego at North Dakota Natural Resources Trust, Carmen Miller at Ducks Unlimited and John Bradley with ND wildlife federation were the only "grassroots sportsmen" there. Wink wink.

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
There were meetings several months ago held at Game and Fish. Stockmen's and other farm orgs were present. Terry Steinwand reported the first meeting went well but the second blew up into, "we beat you two years ago and we'll beat you again." I don't know why we have to be so pc but it would be good to name names, groups, orgs involved. (because it's usually the same ten faces) It does no good for proponent Representatives to complain from the floor that certain sportsmen's org will not negotiate period.

What sportsmen??? What sportsmen's orgs were they fucking talking about? Why do all sportsmen get lumped together? Why can't anyone make the distinction?

Ok, so at a previous meeting, prior to all this bullshit you say stockmens and other farm orgs were at a meeting and it didn't go so well because of sportsmens groups... You still didn't answer my question... I'll repeat it for ya. What was the hammer in part B of this bill that would force landowners to come to the table and participate? Just because they participated prior to this bill doesn't mean they would have had it passed... especially when there's no incentive for them to participate...

Let me rephrase it for you so maybe you'll understand the point that I'm making.

The way the bill that was voted on is written, if an agreement is not reached by 2020 then everything ends up being posted. Regardless of the reason why an agreement wasn't able to be attained, if it compromise wasn't achieved, it's all posted.

If this is the case, why the fock would landowners bother to even show up for meetings trying to find a solution?! All they gotta fricken do is not participate and they win!

So, in other words, landowners actually had incentive to NOT participate...

Last edited:

Uncle Jimbo

★★★★ Legendary Member
Uncle Jimbo, don't worry about it if you cannot make the distinction. Lawmakers, farmers and sportsmen cannot make the distinction either. Keith Trego at North Dakota Natural Resources Trust, Carmen Miller at Ducks Unlimited and John Bradley with ND wildlife federation were the only "grassroots sportsmen" there. Wink wink.

That is why I am asking you to make the distinction clear. You have used "real sportsmen" multiple times when talking about this bill. If the folks listed above aren't true sportsmen, per your definition, what constitutes a real sportsman? I'm sure there are a lot of people on this site that would also like to know. You are very articulate and capable of explaining things well. Why are you refusing to do so now?

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ok, so at a previous meeting, prior to all this bullshit you say stockmens and other farm orgs were at a meeting and it didn't go so well because of sportsmens groups... You still didn't answer my question... I'll repeat it for ya. What was the hammer in part B of this bill that would force landowners to come to the table and participate? Just because they participated prior to this bill doesn't mean they would have had it passed... especially when there's no incentive for them to participate...

Let me rephrase it for you so maybe you'll understand the point that I'm making.

The way the bill that was voted on is written, if an agreement is not reached by 2020 then everything ends up being posted. Regardless of the reason why an agreement wasn't able to be attained, if it compromise wasn't achieved, it's all posted.

If this is the case, why the fock would landowners bother to even show up for meetings trying to find a solution?! All they gotta fricken do is not participate and they win!

So, in other words, landowners actually had incentive to NOT participate...

Bingo . It’s over for the average guy that relies on hunting unposted ground .

- - - Updated - - -

Which is very sad . This is going to kill youth hunting , maybe hunting in general . Hate to say it but I was against all the oil traffic and oil work going on in ND , but can’t help but think that had a huge part in this . Be careful what u wish for

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Petras,

I'm not seeing it that way. Private property owners reached out before during and even still in good faith to resolve. But they are tired of dealing with the same small handful with their heels dug in.

In the beginning I said it is important for sportsmen to get in there get involved and do not let these same small handful speak for you.

Right now things are divisive.

Green yellow red app could have worked with a phase in period. Smartphones for this??? Even I had to get used to the idea that I no longer can purchase a fishing license over the counter anymore at the c-store. Have to go on-line. Somehow we managed and we would have adapted to a green yellow red app.

Feildhunter701

Founding Member
Founding Member
It all went down hill in about 2002. When the oil traffic came in. Land got posted. CRP came out. Shit now we don't have anywhere to hunt. We have the least amount of public land then any of the western states. All the core land around the big lake was giving to the tribe.. we need to figure this out. We have a voice.

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
Petras,

I'm not seeing it that way. Private property owners reached out before during and even still in good faith to resolve. But they are tired of dealing with the same small handful with their heels dug in.

In the beginning I said it is important for sportsmen to get in there get involved and do not let these same small handful speak for you.

Right now things are divisive.

Green yellow red app could have worked with a phase in period. Smartphones for this??? Even I had to get used to the idea that I no longer can purchase a fishing license over the counter anymore at the c-store. Have to go on-line. Somehow we managed and we would have adapted to a green yellow red app.

You still didn't answer my question.... just because YOU don't see it that way, doesn't mean it won't happen.... I'll repeat the question just in case you missed it the first two times I posted it.
What was the hammer in part B of this bill that would force landowners to come to the table and participate?

I'll even try to rephrase it again in the form of another question for ya. What happens if landowners decide to not play ball and refuse to participate in the panel? Are there any repercussions if they choose to do so? Or do they just end up getting what they ultimately wanted in the end?

Your inability to answer these questions makes me very skeptical about you being a member of this site and who's best interests you are looking out for...

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
We all know where fritz’s Best interest lie. He isn’t fooling anybody

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Petras said,
I'll even try to rephrase it again in the form of another question for ya. What happens if landowners decide to not play ball and refuse to participate in the panel? Are there any repercussions if they choose to do so? Or do they just end up getting what they ultimately wanted in the end?

Credibility, always leave the dance after midnight, with the ones who brought you.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 161
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88