Flash Alert/2315/Not Dead

fireone

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Just received from the House floor:

"2315 is not dead yet! Bill proponents are trying to attach 2315 language as a dirty rider to a "must pass" appropriations bill. Call or email your representatives NOW and tell them this dirty tactic cannot be supported.

HOUSE EMAILS -- mkadams@nd.gov;bertanderson@nd.gov; dickanderson@nd.gov; pkanderson@nd.gov; tbeadle@nd.gov; rcbecker@nd.gov; lbellew@nd.gov; jblum@nd.gov; tboe@nd.gov;gdbosch@nd.gov; jboschee@nd.gov; mbrandenburg@nd.gov; rbuffalo@nd.gov; cdamschen@nd.gov; jdelzer@nd.gov; bdevlin@nd.gov; gdobervich@nd.gov; jddockter@nd.gov; meidson@nd.gov; sertelt@nd.gov; cfegley@nd.gov; jayfisher@nd.gov; jgrueneich@nd.gov; rguggisberg@nd.gov; lbhager@nd.gov; krhanson@nd.gov; phatlestad@nd.gov; cheadland@nd.gov; pdheinert@nd.gov; rholman@nd.gov;jahoverson@nd.gov; mchowe@nd.gov; craigjohnson@nd.gov; djohnson@nd.gov; marycjohnson@nd.gov; dljohnston@nd.gov; tbjones@nd.gov; tkading@nd.gov; kkarls@nd.gov; jkasper@nd.gov;gkeiser@nd.gov; kkempenich@nd.gov; dhkiefert@nd.gov; lklemin@nd.gov; bkoppelman@nd.gov; kkoppelman@nd.gov; gkreidt@nd.gov; vrlaning@nd.gov; mlefor@nd.gov; dlongmuir@nd.gov;sclouser@nd.gov; jmagrum@nd.gov; amarschall@nd.gov; bmartinson@nd.gov; amcwilliams@nd.gov; lmeier@nd.gov; amitskog@nd.gov;crmock@nd.gov; dmonson@nd.gov; mrnathe@nd.gov; jonelson@nd.gov; menelson@nd.gov; eobrien@nd.gov; mowens@nd.gov; bpaulson@nd.gov;gpaur@nd.gov; cpollert@nd.gov; tkporter@nd.gov; bpyle@nd.gov; dwrichter@nd.gov;sroersjones@nd.gov; kmrohr@nd.gov; druby@nd.gov;mruby@nd.gov; masanford@nd.gov; blsatrom@nd.gov; mischatz@nd.gov; aschauer@nd.gov; jeschmidt@nd.gov; mschneider@nd.gov; rschobinger@nd.gov; cschreiberbeck@nd.gov; lsimons@nd.gov; kskroch@nd.gov; vsteiner@nd.gov; mstrinden@nd.gov; nptoman@nd.gov; wtrottier@nd.gov; btveit@nd.gov; smvetter@nd.gov;dwvigesaa@nd.gov; rweisz@nd.gov; gwestlind@nd.gov;dzubke@nd.gov

NM 24

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does anyone have any details on what is being referred to above as being attached as a rider (to HB 1021 bill I'm guessing), as this bill already contained some language about an electronic land access database study.... I heard from one House representative (not my district ) today that had voted for SB 2315 today that approximately at 4:30 p.m. this representative became aware that some appropriations (that this representative had previously been unaware of) for the study (I'm guessing) had been slipped into HB 1021, whatever that means...

1bigfokker

Founding Member
Founding Member
Time for the governor to send the assholes home. They're acting like a bunch of fucking kids that can't get their way. Very disappointing.

NM 24

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does anyone have any details on what is being referred to above as being attached as a rider (to HB 1021 bill I'm guessing), as this bill already contained some language about an electronic land access database study.... I heard from one House representative (not my district ) today that had voted for SB 2315 today that approximately at 4:30 p.m. this representative became aware that some appropriations (that this representative had previously been unaware of) for the study (I'm guessing) had been slipped into HB 1021, whatever that means...

Update:

I just received a response from this District 11 representative that stated that committee study language of land access and online posting app was added to an IT bill which passed...

fireone

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Just got a reply from the House that there is no rider. It is instead the study in the IT appropiations bill. That would be ok. We already knew that.

Then my Senator emailed back that 2315 might not be over yet????? And he was one of the good ones.

EDIT: see Nick's post above, better info there.

Last edited:

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Rep. Todd Porter mentioned it today. HB 1021

https://www.legis.nd.gov/assembly/66-2019/documents/19-0209-03003m.pdf

SECTION 6. LEGISLATIVE MANAGEMENT STUDY - ACCESS TO LANDS. 1. During the 2019-20 interim, the legislative management shall study access to public and private lands for hunting, trapping, fishing, and related issues, including trespass violations and penalties, and provide recommendations regarding a land access database with the capability of electronic posting. At the direction of the legislative management, before August 1, 2020, the information technology department and game and fish department shall establish a trial electronic posting and hunter access information system in up to three counties. The information technology department and game and fish department may contract with a third party to assist with the electronic posting and hunter access information system development and operation. The legislative management shall report its findings and recommendations, together with any legislation required to implement the recommendations, to the sixty-seventh legislative assembly. 2. The legislative management shall appoint a committee for this study as follows: a. The voting members of the committee, who must be appointed by the legislative management, are: (1) Two members representing agriculture landowners; (2) Two members representing sportsmen organizations; and (3) Five members of the legislative assembly, including: (a) One member of the majority party in the house of representatives; (b) One member of the minority party in the house of representatives; (c) One member of the majority party in the senate; (d) One member of the minority party in the senate; and (e) One member from either party in either chamber to serve as the committee chairman. b. The nonvoting members of the committee are: (1) A representative of the North Dakota association of counties; (2) The agriculture commissioner or the commissioner's designee; (3) The director of the game and fish department or the director's designee;
Page No. 4 19.0209.03003
1 2

NM 24

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am sad to see that the language concerning the land access study in the version of HB 1021 that was passed was changed at some point to more closely mirror what was in SB 2315 (which was voted down for reasons including developing and implementing an electronic land access database and posting application system) than an earlier version of this bill at the link below from about April 19th as I understand it. I fear this changed wording may in addition to just provide for studying the matter may allow the committee and/or legislative management to proceed with fully developing and implementing the electronic land access database and online posting application (at yet unknown cost without further public input/comment) for said trial use within the biennium, especially as I understand that this HB 1021 is an appropriations bill. Pro HB 2315 legislature members that responded to me disagree with my interpretation of this wording, saying it does not automatically provide funding, committee would have to come up with a way to fund it, request funding, be approved, etc. I don't know. However, I am concerned once the money has been spent to fully develop an electronic system and online posting application and implemented for trial use in three counties (most likely the lion's share of the cost of a fully implemented system) it is only a very small step from there to be fully implemented and probably statewide, even if for no other reason to try and justify the money that has already been spent. Perhaps someone more learned than me about legislative process will see it differently.

https://www.legis.nd.gov/assembly/66-2019/documents/19-0209-04000.pdf

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
They will continue this as long as it takes unless we get an initiative passed first

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 155
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88