SB 2315 -Everything's Posted Bill

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
I posted this on another thread, too. just trying to help keep people informed.
Yesterday I was told that 2315 is going to be reviewed a joint committee of Ag & Natural Resources, but the final vote will come from the Ag Committee. From there, it goes to a vote on the House floor. Any changes from the Senate version would then be reviewed by a conference committee compromised of both House & Senate members.

There are several issues to be addressed.
1) guides/outfitters should be prohibited from hunting on unposted land without permission. There's a big difference between freelance hunting and running a commercial operation on someone's land.
2) there should be a penalty for illegal/unauthorized posting that is equal to the penalty structure for hunting on posted land without permission.
3) NDGF should not have to pay for any of this. Originally the State IT department was going to cover it, then the sponsor slipped in a $250,000 bill to NDGF. If the Ag groups are pushing for it, they can pay.
4) areas posted in RED as "ABSOLUTELY NO HUNTING" should still provide landowner contact info, if for no other reason than safety. If I find a calf outside the fence, who would I call?
5) other reasons???

I LOVE No. 4. I've thought the same exact thing. There is ZERO incentive to post your information online for folks, unless they are seriously into allowing hunters on their property. Otherwise why risk it?? Has to be all or nothing. And just because it's posted, doesn't mean you can't hunt -- you just need to ask. Current law states landowner contact information needs to be listed on posted signs. Well, if it's digitally "posted" what's the difference?? Still should have contact info!!

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
As I've posted a couple times, I wish they'd either go Red or Green, no yellow. Red should just mean it's posted - not no hunting ever. Too many would go red and you won't know who is totally closed to the prospect of access and who just doesn't want it advertised. I don't even really care if they don't include contact info, I can hunt that down. With that change I'm probably okay with this bill, other than how it's going to be paid for.

Ruttin

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am still not positive on what good this bill does? It needs to go down in flames. Why change the law if its not broken. End of rant.

Maverick

The real question is why change a law ONLY to make things more confusing? 2) question.......Why does it sound like this law wants to make LANDOWNERS own land they don't own? West river mantality has risen again...only to try to rule the state...Not sorry I am the only one saying it! It is what OUR grandfathers tried to protect us from (130 years OPEN TO HUNTING SIGNS were not neede)...being the LAST GREAT state to freelance HUNT!

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88