Scales

Flatrock

Founding Member
Founding Member
Any of the digital Rapala ones seem to be good. I've had one for quite a while and it still works well.

Plain Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had a Berkley one, the screen is messed up and if you do not pull the batteries out it will drain them. It just has too many bells and whistles. Thanks guys I will give them a try. I like the idea of no batteries Ishmael.

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't go by the ruler in the boat. The weight depends on the body of water and what the fish can fatten up with as far as bait fish, minnows, shad, etc. The general rule is 28" = approx. 8lbs, but I'd rather weight that lunker than go by what the 'general' size/weight shows on the ruler matrix.

Norske

Founding Member
Founding Member
On your way to the tackle shop, stop at a grocery store. Buy 5# of sugar and 10# of flour. Each will weigh a tiny bit more than the advertised weight due to packaging and the maker being sure the customer can't accuse them of shorting the customer. You can now test the scale the salesperson swears is accurate at 5, 10, and 15 pounds. Look more for a repeatable % error than absolute accuracy.
the one I bought showed 5.3, 10.6 and 15.9# at the three weights. Others tested that visit to the tackle shop were all showing much more than the actual weight.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Any of the digital Rapala ones seem to be good. I've had one for quite a while and it still works well.

Mine works good too. I thought it might be off but tested it with half gallon jugs of water, it was right on. A friend had a nice spawned out female that only went 5 lb 8 oz, and it looked a lot bigger, so I checked it the next day.

The last Rapala one I had would work if I could get power to it. Fixed it a bunch after losing the back, and finally just got a new one.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75