Scammers

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
Curious what types of interactions you've run into on the net that you think were scammers trying to get your money. Have had a couple responses (texts) to ads lately that ask if I would take a check. A california area code at 4 in the morning is probably a good sign too. I know I've read of the guys who try to sell things wanting Paypal friends & family and people sending them money and out of luck.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Got a short phone call 2 days ago , typical bla bla crap ,I couldn't hear/understand what was being said because of accent and fast talker . At the end she said please hang up if you ant to pay $ 300 some dollars or press 1 for something else. It happened so fast and caught me off guard so I just hung up. Some sort of trap to get you to push 1 I think. The do not call list is a joke.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
The prince of zimbabwa has contacted me a few times but he got pissed when i started asking him for money

Slappy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I keep getting calls and texts from Hoeven's team wanting me to vote for a democrat pretending to be conservative.

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Had a dude with some type of Arabic accent call me and tell me my computer was "In dire need of antivirus protection" and wanted to fix it for me but I had to give him some "information". He stated he worked for Microsoft and this was a courtesy call.

Of course it was...DUH!!

I proceeded to ask him if he knew Bill Gates. Told him he was my long lost brother and that he would have personally informed me about this. By this time the Arabic accent dude knew the jig was up and started telling me who I could go F**k. Told him to say hi to Bill for me and hung up

They'll try anything and what amazes me is they get people to do it!!!

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
My favs right now are the emails from Greta, Clara, Josefina, and others saying they are looking for a sweet, fun loving, and good looking guy to have fun with. I, of course have all but three of those traits, so I respond with a recent photo and ask when they are coming over? Crickets.... I'm so depressed right now. Maybe my wife is sending them away. Yeah, that's it. Whew, I feel better now. Can't wait for the next email.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sales people too , Had this guy bugging me on a regular basis trying to sell tools and construction related items. He had a knack for calling at the worst of times and I had tried everything in my power to convince him that I wasn't interested but he still kept bugging me and acting like he was by best buddy. Well one cold winter day the persistent prick called at a perfect time, I was waiting in the car for my wife who was at an appointment so I knew that I had about an hour of boredom to kill.
I took the bait on a couple of his specials then told him I needed a bunch of safety equipment but he better sharpen his pencil. I went how wild and the more I "bought" the more I could get him to knock off the price and I would ask every little detail about the items. After I'd almost bought the store out and getting ready to give him my CC info I calmly asked him, "How does it feel" ? He says, what ?? I replied, How does it feel to have some prick waste your precious time when you are busy trying to make a living'' ? Wow did he come unglued, He was screaming at me and I laughed and hung up . He called me right back again and continued screaming like a crazy man. I actually felt bad because he was clearly having of some sort of mental breakdown.

Retired-Guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think I may have seen it on the Ha Ha thread but I think its worth repeating, When you receive a robo call, simply ask the caller if he/she minded if you masturbated while they were talking. Anyone ever try this technique (not the actual masturbating of course}. :unsure::rolleyes:

1bigfokker

Founding Member
Founding Member
When they won't take no for an answer, I blow the air horn into the phone. They never call back.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
On Gutfeld one night Mike Rowe said if you picked up and hit the # three times it would knock their system off the 'net and take them about 20min to reboot. Seems to work as I don't often get repeats.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 154
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84