Scented Fake Bait, Worth the $$$ ?

JoGa

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am slowly getting into the fake bait scene. Is it worth paying for the scented gulps and others? Or do the cheap plastics work just as well? A scent designed in a lab doesn't seem like a great idea, but i could be wrong.

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
gulp till gulp alive came out bout 10 years ago... all i use from ice on till temp hits bout 55* (minnows in between)...

over a season, it's cheap compared to live, and i catch more fish...

riverfisher

Founding Member
Founding Member
gulp has it days some days all they want is the gulp and you can nail fish other days they want the live bait

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Scent can't hurt; it may be an advantage: My .02. I'm always more confident when I know it's out there. Something which has worked well for me when throwing cranks is PowerBait paste. It's popular trout bait back in the Hills and I always bring back some or keep it stocked from on-line. When I'm getting a lot of follows or swipes; a good smear of the stuff has been powerful magic. When I know this is the ticket, I mold a small glob on the underside of the lip where it joins the body: It doesn't affect the action when you keep it small and ensure it's "aerodynamic".

walleye94

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bought some gulp alive and committed to giving it a good try this year but so far no luck. Maybe this weekend.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
gummy yummy panther pisth

7-26-15 040.JPG
FB_IMG_1441771296480.jpg

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
Cold water the scent works better... there is a video out there don't know where it's at from berkley showing how scent holds tighter in cold water vs warm... so answer is in the spring and late fall use scent end of July just throw what ever on

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75