Founding Member
Founding Member
#whydidiorder$30salt

Ebay for $30. JweanR

Last edited:

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does JL Beers put truffle on their burgers? Wife and I had burgers from there the other day and they had a seasoning on the burger we couldn't identify, little dark shavings. I could only describe it like guywholikesitmoldy, "a wonderful, earthy funk." Never tasted anything like it but it was awesome. Hope it wasn't rat shit, cuz then I'll have to start eating rat shit.

Last edited:

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
mrs johnr ordered us some yesterday from amazon, she was buying other things, and I asked her to add this to the order. I should have it soon, and will either praise the advice of #guywithamushroomfancy or be calling him a jackass for convincing me to spend $22.00 on salt.

Seems I could have rubbed some fromunda cheese in with my water softener salt and been set up for freeeee.

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just had some on scrambled eggs for lunch again. Just a pinch on some eggs stinks up the whole kitchen.....but I do like it.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
20160209_180008.jpg
Just showed up tonight. Scrambled eggs for breakfast are on the schedule

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
They sure don't have to be scrambled. Sunny side up or medium basted love truffles too. (I'm a big fan of yolk/toast dippage)

Last edited:

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am more of a sunny side up egg conisouer myself, so that will be how I try I guess. Hope it's all that and a bag of chips

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am more of a sunny side up egg conisouer myself, so that will be how I try I guess. Hope it's all that and a bag of chips

Scrambled, rolled into an omelet of sorts, then rolled into a burrito and grilled. Burritos in foil, stuffed in a mitten to keep warm. Breakfast to go. #tacticaleggs

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm not about to spend $25 on salt in a jar the size of a coin purse! Yeah, no matter the taste....

A chef once showed me another secret of his for scrambled eggs. Try tossing a light sprinkle of dill weed across the top as you layer on some cheddar cheese. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G change of flavor, batman. You don't have to do it every time, but once in a while that will make your family members wonder if you've been hooked on the Food Channel or snorting some of that truffle salt up y'er nose!
:;:stirthepot

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
10 bucks says juanr hates it

ha, you owe someone ten bucks. It was very strong scented while frying a sunny side upper, but over all flavor was good, not as strong as the smell, and seemed rather delicious.
I will use a tad more tomorrow, try to get a bit more of the flavor to come through.
I made homemade pork sausage on the stove top last night, and the house was still full of that smell, hindering the flavor of my eggs.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ordered a jar of minced black truffles from amazon from trufflehunter. Threw it in the blender with 2 cups non iodized salt and now Ive got a lot of truffle salt. Im not sure how this compares to professionally prepared salt and ive never had truffles before, my first reaction to the smell was 'people eat this shit', but now I have mixed feelings, part of me is disgusted by the smell, but I keep wanting to smell it at the same time... Strange. Ive got a bunch of small sample packs put together so anyone that wants to try a little, PM me your address and Ill send you a bit.

HomeSlice

Founding Member
Founding Member
"my first reaction to the smell was 'people eat this shit', but now I have mixed feelings, part of me is disgusted by the smell, but I keep wanting to smell it at the same time... Strange."

I had this same thought when i was 14

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
"my first reaction to the smell was 'people eat this shit', but now I have mixed feelings, part of me is disgusted by the smell, but I keep wanting to smell it at the same time... Strange."

I had this same thought when i was 14

Haven't tried the truffle salt yet but reading about it reminds me of Korean Kimchi, Strong smelling but semi to very addicting when eaten with various meats, Definitely not for everyone, many no likey.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 162
  • This month: 149
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 124
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88