She'd hunting "dead heads"

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've used the Dogbone system. Honestly if you get an old antler, put some scent on it and play with your pooch (just like you would a pheasant bumper) it works just the same. Good spring exercise.

What scent? Is there a detriment to hunting if "George" sniffs up a green tine?

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
Thing with this law is its nearly impossible to enforce unless the finder admits it was dead in nd or there are photos of the deer from that year. If you find a dead deer out of state there are no laws against keeping it so they would have to prove it's from nd and less then three months old or they are shit out of luck. They set the law up so dumb they more or less screwed themselves over.

When they passed the law requiring the tag to stay with the horns forever I asked Dean Hildebrand a question at the G&F advisory meeting in Bowbells.

I. how will you tell if a deer was shot 5 years after this law goes into effect or 1 year before it 10 years from now.

He claimed it would never be used for something like that.

Two winters later I was at an archery shop in Minot and a warden was leaving. The guy inside was pissed because he had to find pics to prove a set of horns he had on the wall there had been shot when he said it was before this law because the tag was not with them. These laws will be used in ways those passing them never thought about?

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
When they passed the law requiring the tag to stay with the horns forever I asked Dean Hildebrand a question at the G&F advisory meeting in Bowbells.

I. how will you tell if a deer was shot 5 years after this law goes into effect or 1 year before it 10 years from now.

He claimed it would never be used for something like that.

Two winters later I was at an archery shop in Minot and a warden was leaving. The guy inside was pissed because he had to find pics to prove a set of horns he had on the wall there had been shot when he said it was before this law because the tag was not with them. These laws will be used in ways those passing them never thought about?
I wonder if they tried that trick with someone that they ought not of because now the tags for the 2015 deer can be removed on April 1 and I sure don't remember it being near that quick before! Would have to think a lawyer took them to town on that shit because like the case you listed it's not the people job to prove it's legal it's their job to prove it's illegal.

Last edited:

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
I wonder if they tried that trick with someone that they ought not of because now the tags for the 2015 deer can be removed on April 1 and I sure don't remember it being near that quick before! Would have to think a lawyer took them to town on that shit because like the case you listed it's not the people job to prove it's legal it's their job to prove it's illegal.

That is exactly what I told Hildenbrand that night, they just passed a law that assumed I was guilty and required me to prove my innocence.

Unfortunately there are more and more laws being passed with that standard.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
That is exactly what I told Hildenbrand that night, they just passed a law that assumed I was guilty and required me to prove my innocence.

Unfortunately there are more and more laws being passed with that standard.

What about guys that move in from out of state with a deer head? Pies poor law IMO. I have a rez deer on my wall, shot on the SD side in like 89 or 90. What if I decide to sell it to someone in ND.

As for finding dead deer, just save your old buck tags.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hell my Res deer shot on the ND side last year is out of their jurisdiction. If I went shed hunting done there and found a 180 class whitetaile there isn't a thing they legally do about it. Just two of the many many loopholes in this law.

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
I always keep an old archery tag that was not filled out and put that on anything I find. I know it's not legal, but after I get the rack home they can't prove I didn't shoot it. Eff em.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 37
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 22
  • This month: 21
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 15
  • This month: 13