Should I or Shouldn't I submit a head.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Cwd was found in Colorado in the 60’s they wiped out mule deer herds who still have not recovered. If al gore popped out supporting cwd I would not be surprised

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
CWD is a Non Issue to me until evidence surfaces to the contrary. Wild deer and elk don't live 20 years normally and yet Wyoming has had CWD across much of the state for more than 20 years and still remains one of THE BEST TROPHY BIG GAME DESTINATIONS!!!!! Where is this deer/elk Armageddon I keep hearing about?? Wisconsin has one of the highest deer hunter numbers as well as deer numbers and has had CWD for years. Yet there lacks a single case of human infection, a single case of illness, or even a single case of a hunter being uncomfortable from eating CWD infected venison. Additionally, they have one of the highest deer populations in the entire country and it's growing even with CWD and their scorched earth "We need to kill all the deer so they don't die of CWD" stupidity. Fascinating. I find these FACTS infinitely more valid than the emotional outcries for a bunch of "the sky is falling" fear mongers. In response to the OP, I would not submit a head for the simple fact that if and when CWD is detected anywhere in ND the Mighty Game and Fish Ban Hammer comes crashing down almost immediately despite the COMPLETE LACK OF SCIENTIFIC DATA showing that CWD is any threat to humans or the deer and elk populations as a whole. Show me the data that any CWD countermeasure implemented by anyone, anywhere, has reduced, helped, aided, or positively impacted CWD infection rates. If not, we're done here.

You stop always using common sense.....this damn world didn’t get into the toilet by using common sense:::;:;rofl

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
KDM post #17 pretty much spot on. Taking a Bait pile away not going to stop CWD spread, I get the idea the GF says it will help reduce the spread, hmmmm, not really, what about when the herd bunches up when it -20 and there's 200+ deer out in an open corn field, is that helping reducing the spread??????? GF seems to forget about that activity that happens every winter.

BotnoJoe

Founding Member
Founding Member
CWD and Zebs are in no way similiar. It is known that Zebs are spread by boats. Therefore checking boats has been shown to reduce the number of boats transporting Zebs. Baiting has NOT been shown to be the cause of CWD spread. Wyoming has had a statewide ban on baiting big game for over 20 years and yet CWD is spreading in that state by 2.1 million acres per year. These are real numbers that you can look up. Apples and Oranges.

I do not know much about the topic or the state of Wyoming but I find it interesting that baiting is illegal there. I thought the state of Wyoming feeds the elk during the winter months? Anyone know if they claim to feed them in a way that does not congregate the animals? Seems hypocritical

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
does deer sex not exchange bits/pieces/prions?

I hear that nearly all the deer are doing it - at least yearly

heathens

Last edited:

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
does deer sex not exchange bits/pieces/prions?

I hear that nearly all the deer are doing it - it at least yearly

heathens

all we got to do is find a way to get the deer married will end all that sexy time stuff

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just got me thinking: Is CWD the same as Blue Tongue, or are they different?

no https://www.qdma.com/ehd-cwd-whats-difference/

blue tongue is spread by little midgets...that was on one of the past threads and still one of the greatest lines ever on nda

- - - Updated - - -

midget.jpg

duckman1302

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am NOT in favor of more regulations, but scientifically, I believe there is a lot to learn about CWD. Once the science is there to prove that it does or does not spread rampantly, spreads to people, etc., then informed decisions can be made. There is just so little known about it. And I would much rather see some volunteers for this so it does not become a requirement.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
As a scientist I would rather help our fellow scientists with data collection.

As a hunter, I'm not sure I have the same enthusiasm for helping regulators with knee jerk reactions based on incomplete data and understanding of the problem.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I do need to be careful here - some extremely creepy person might quote me on Facebook as having "a desire to see CWD spread" because I "hate everything" and am "obviously evil and/or retarded" based on my rantings on "the state's most popular hunting web site"

which leads to the obvious conclusion that I therefore must also "hate farmer/landowners" too and want to see them all "driven out of the state with pitchforks and torches"

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I do not know much about the topic or the state of Wyoming but I find it interesting that baiting is illegal there. I thought the state of Wyoming feeds the elk during the winter months? Anyone know if they claim to feed them in a way that does not congregate the animals? Seems hypocritical

The section of Wyoming where the state feeds the elk is in the northwest corner of the state which, to my knowledge, it's outside the current CWD infection area. It may have already reached that area as I haven't checked the latest CWD reports for Wyoming in a bit over a year. However, CWD was shown to be steadily marching it's way to that part of the state, so Wyoming will be in a SEVERE conundrum when it reaches that area of the state to say the least. How are they going to deal with the inevitable questions concerning bait, feeding big game, and all their other regulations concerning big game hunting in that state. Should be interesting to say the least.

Meelosh

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I do need to be careful here - some extremely creepy person might quote me on Facebook as having "a desire to see CWD spread" because I "hate everything" and am "obviously evil and/or retarded" based on my rantings on "the state's most popular hunting web site"

which leads to the obvious conclusion that I therefore must also "hate farmer/landowners" too and want to see them all "driven out of the state with pitchforks and torches"

The creepiest part is because of his condition, it is literally impossible for him to see it that way. The ends ALWAYS justify the means when you think it’s impossible for you to be wrong. Another’s persons opinion, even indisputable facts, are just wrong if you don’t like them.

Maddog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
the older i get the more i drool on myself CWD?

actually that would be CDD

chronic drool disease

easy to get the 2 mixed up

I am starting to drool at night. Mostly while dreaming about scantily clad women. Of the bikini variety. Luckily this hasn't started to rear its ugly head while out in public.

Sorry about the change in topic, but I quite often digress.

Last edited:

Bohica

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don’t think I will. Once they have the info, they will abuse it like every government agency. Apply more restrictions that have not been proven

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84