sick of not drawing!

arrowdem

Founding Member
Founding Member
you had an 11% chance of drawing a buck tag in 2C last year with 4 pref points...
and also fnznfwl you are what is wrong with all of this i have hunted 2c my whole life and up until a few years ago i would get a buck tag on average every other year, which was fine with me, now that GF has cut my tags and i can hardly ever get a tag that is in some way my fault and i should just give up my opportunity to go and chase deer with a rifle? you sir are a tittysprinkles idiot....

fnznfwl

Founding Member
Founding Member
You mad bro?

If you need a tag every other year, I suggest you suck it up and hunt out of state. I hear Minnesota is nice.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
How many preference points, on average?
went up to 6 I think. Overall all levels of preference points included the average success rate for drawing a tag was 1.9% in 2C! In contrast 4B was 14% and 4C was 12%! Mind you 2E wins the prize we a zero percent of success in drawing a tag.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
went up to 6 I think. Overall all levels of preference points included the average success rate for drawing a tag was 1.9% in 2C! In contrast 4B was 14% and 4C was 12%! Mind you 2E wins the prize we a zero percent of success in drawing a tag.

fc2fca5cc8833d35c92822a6af386914480a4e7c2411a6329d9742eb6bc89110.jpg

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
start building points in other states period! if you don't like whats happening in ND start building points in the western states. charge the app to a credit card, get refunded in a month pay off credit card. pretty freaking simple. take Wyoming for instance deadline is May 31sst draw date for deer and goat is June 12th. 2 weeks boom pay credit card off. its really not expensive until you actually draw. I apply in MT Wyoming, both deer and goat and am starting the famous AZ strip as I want to hunt it before I die. ive tinkered with Neb, Utah, and the rez that dean talks about as well.

grab a good friend or 2 apply separately and you will be hunting hard (maybe not always with a tag in your hand) it may be a buddies but that's equally as rewarding one you drop a dandy.

arrowdem

Founding Member
Founding Member
i get that i can go out of state and i do hunt out of state somewhat often last fall i did an archery elk hunt in idaho, but that wasnt what i was trying to get out of this post if you have read what i have typed just essentially looking to get some info on what units have quality public land spots that may hold deer not looking for gps coordinates as i am a good enough hunter to attempt to figure it out on my own so no i dont want to get points in other states i've got out of state hunts i enjoy doing and know what to do when i want to go on those hunts this post was for an in state hunt.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
there are opportunities in state too. the cost of the tag is absolutely minor in the grand scheme of things. so, i've instituted this plan the last few years. i apply for a buck in my unit (2E) knowing full well i won't get drawn with the plan of building up my points so i can go shoot a tim sandstrom type muley deer in a few years. my 2nd choice on the lottery is a doe in some of the units with plentiful doe tags. i also purchase an OTC deer tag from a reservation for way tooo much money. i will also purchase a bow tag if time permits. and last... but, not least... there have been about half a dozen units on the southern border of ND that have had left over doe tags that i could've put in for too if i felt like traveling a bit to shoot a deer.... that's assuming they actually have deer down there. i don't know. :;:huh heck, if i was really serious, i probably could've spent a few days in one of those units and shot a few pheasants and maybe even some ducks. point is... there are plenty of opportunities to shoot deer in ND still. even with our decimated deer herd. they might not be your ideal opportunities. but, nothing to scoff at.

arrowdem

Founding Member
Founding Member
there are opportunities in state too. the cost of the tag is absolutely minor in the grand scheme of things. so, i've instituted this plan the last few years. i apply for a buck in my unit (2E) knowing full well i won't get drawn with the plan of building up my points so i can go shoot a tim sandstrom type muley deer in a few years. my 2nd choice on the lottery is a doe in some of the units with plentiful doe tags. i also purchase an OTC deer tag from a reservation for way tooo much money. i will also purchase a bow tag if time permits. and last... but, not least... there have been about half a dozen units on the southern border of ND that have had left over doe tags that i could've put in for too if i felt like traveling a bit to shoot a deer.... that's assuming they actually have deer down there. i don't know. :;:huh heck, if i was really serious, i probably could've spent a few days in one of those units and shot a few pheasants and maybe even some ducks. point is... there are plenty of opportunities to shoot deer in ND still. even with our decimated deer herd. they might not be your ideal opportunities. but, nothing to scoff at.

agreed so thats why im gonna take the down time in my unit to give a shot at chasing a mulie with the rifle.. never done it only with the bow in ND and ID and havent killed one with the bow yet to date. so here goes nothing i guess...

BotnoJoe

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would be unhappy if I couldn't get a tag at least every other year too. Luckily I got a MN lifetime license before I moved to ND. Looks like a long wait before I get drawn for a rifle tag here in ND

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 161
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88