Sippin whiskey

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have a mason jar of Georgia peach shine in my freezer, its fucking brutal, but we on occasion dare each other to take a pull, and then back into the freezer she goes, its about half gone at this point, and I am starting to loose my vision..

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have a mason jar of Georgia peach shine in my freezer, its fucking brutal, but we on occasion dare each other to take a pull, and then back into the freezer she goes, its about half gone at this point, and I am starting to loose my vision..
I would loveto get my hands on some good ole Appalachian shine. When I went to Missouri often for hog hunting trips, it was a must to get some good hill shine. You didn’t drink much but it was sure good.

ndherm

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've tried them all, I like a good scotch but you have to try this one!!

Gibsons.jpg

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member
We were at a very fancy steak house for my wife's Christmas party this year and were encouraged to order whatever we wanted and as much as we wanted. So I tried a handful of different fairly upper end ($35-$50 a glass) scotch. I must not be sophisticated enough yet because I didn't think anything was any better than the Pendleton Midnight I prefer to drink at home. So my answer is Pendleton Midnight and every now and then I'll have a sipper of the 1910.

We used to drink a jar of moonshine every single day of the hitch when I was a roughneck (along with God knows how much Busch Light). It was not a sustainable way to live. We must've all developed something resembling a cast iron throat and stomach to get that crap down.

westwolfone

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would loveto get my hands on some good ole Appalachian shine. When I went to Missouri often for hog hunting trips, it was a must to get some good hill shine. You didn’t drink much but it was sure good.

I lived in North Carolina for a few years in my youth. I think I may have died once or twice with a jar of shine in my hands :)

Wirehair

Founding Member
Founding Member
While not a fan of scotch whiskey, I was invited to a scotch tasting event couple of years ago. Bottles were masked and participants were asked to sample and vote. Don't recall the winner but Macallan 18 Single Malt was a close second. Crown XO for me.
Cheers!

thriller1

Founding Member
Founding Member

I get to Georgia a couple 4-5 times a year. Ive had some of their 'shine and never really cared for it. However, they LOVE their bourbon down there. I've got to sample some pretty tasty bourbon while I was there. I wish I could remember the names of em I tried. I think Makers Mark is really good. They consider that so-so bourbon.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, by the way, I think that Kirkland Canadian whiskey is a very respectable for $19 for a 1.75....

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
Blended and single malt are certainly different animals. I will admit that blended are easier to palate generally. That's why blend masters get paid what they do. That shit sells. But, once you've got to the point of enjoying single malts, it's hard to go back imho.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wrong Sir! Wrong Sir! Wrong Sir!

cache.php

you are just too hard to decipher sometimes. can't tell what it is that is "wrong". but, unopened and sealed whisky is thought to last a lifetime without any ill effects. opened, not so much.

You didn't say "unopened". I watch "Moonshiners" and even "unopened" is suspect. (episode of Tim pulling car out of the river) Sorry for the "Gene Wilder" reference. I don't feel that strongly on the subject.

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
If it's a sippin' cocktail I prefer a single malt scotch with just one ice cube to balance out the singe to the throat. That itty bit of cool water melted 1/2 way does wonders to the flavor! Glenfiddich, Glenlivet, or Macallan will do an evening some good.

I also enjoy the Crown Apple mixed with some 7-up. It goes down too easy and really kicks my ass if I don't watch it.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 71
  • This month: 51
  • This month: 47
  • This month: 38
  • This month: 36
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 28
  • This month: 28