Sitka gear…..$$$$

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
ny weekend i used a buddys sled --- those hand warmers are too hot even turned down. I had to turn em off.

But the glove litterly brand new from scheels gordini - shredded the leather -- so thin. Now i know i was hanging on to the handles like a ape as i practically felt like i was falling off. But still come on Scheels you can do better thant that. Maybe it was the hand warmers before i could figure out how to shut em down.

Scheels overrated --- problem is everything is made in china --- they all used to be good and then some boomer buys em out and makes em cheap and sells them like they are a god.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anybody have a trick for "Re-Lofting" Primaloft in a leather glove?

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
ny weekend i used a buddys sled --- those hand warmers are too hot even turned down. I had to turn em off.

But the glove litterly brand new from scheels gordini - shredded the leather -- so thin. Now i know i was hanging on to the handles like a ape as i practically felt like i was falling off. But still come on Scheels you can do better thant that. Maybe it was the hand warmers before i could figure out how to shut em down.

Scheels overrated --- problem is everything is made in china --- they all used to be good and then some boomer buys em out and makes em cheap and sells them like they are a god.
Return them ASAP

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
I always chuckle (to myself) to hear old-timers talk about "the good ol' days".

I'm not at all saying everything is better now. However, I sure like anesthesia if I should require a surgery. Not like "in the good ol' days, when we just chewed on a stick...". I sure enjoy power steering when making a 30 point turn on a gravel road. I sure enjoy power windows, when trying to lower the window on the other side of the vehicle. I sure enjoy waterproof clothing, when fishing in 40 degrees and rain. I sure enjoy super-line, that doesn't snap every time you drag it over a rock. It's kinda nice, not dying from appendicitis these days, unlike kids did, back in the good ol' days. It's also kinda nice getting 150k miles out of a vehicle, rather than them being shot, when they had 1/3 the miles.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not in any glamour shots. But there are a lot of things nowadays, that are better than the old days.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Snow blowing
This is going to sound dumb, but my departed dad bought, years ago, a pair of buffalo hide chopper mitts. They are about 15" long, and have a big old gauntlet that goes almost to the elbow. They feel like they have carpet inside. Warm as a toaster-oven. Dumb looking things, but tough. Could toss them under a spinning wheel, for traction. I have in fact, stuck my thumb in a pikes mouth, and pulled him right up out of the hole, with these mitts.

I have no idea where he got them, nor how much they cost.

Maddog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
This is going to sound dumb, but my departed dad bought, years ago, a pair of buffalo hide chopper mitts. They are about 15" long, and have a big old gauntlet that goes almost to the elbow. They feel like they have carpet inside. Warm as a toaster-oven. Dumb looking things, but tough. Could toss them under a spinning wheel, for traction. I have in fact, stuck my thumb in a pikes mouth, and pulled him right up out of the hole, with these mitts.

That is funny. My Dad had a similar pair. We used them for snowmobiling.

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member

Just a hunch here, but he probably got them back in the good ol days. ...rofl...

dblkluk

★★★ Legendary Member
No not at all. I had a Lab running field trials and was a contender. Her marks were second to none and seen her run blind at over 3/8 of a mile over hills and bring back the birds. All she need was a tap on the head, no picture to document it. She would spend more time in Canada and retrieve more birds in a fall than most dog will retrieve in a life time. She hunted 6 days a week in Canada and rest up on Sundays.

I was the redneck up there. Laying in blinds with My Carhartt jackets and bibs. Never got cold, but never tried to win and Glamor contest.
Well at least you're humble..

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
good old days, i used to buy moose hide chain saw mits at the Winnipeg army surplus. best mits ever took 30 years to go through 5 pair.
Back in the late 80's, I worked at Menards in Bismarck. Back then, they sold Christmas trees, during December. Probably the straightest lumber in the place...

I spent a lot of time out there, holding trees...

I bought a pair of black leather mitts with gauntlets, and they're still with me. Great mitts. again, they feel like they're lined with carpet. Warm and tough. I think I'll be buried in them.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have Baffin boots now, but otherwise my out door garb is about as pleasing as Hillary performing in a strip club. all ages of cobbled together pieces that have served me well. I agree with the need to check the look at me box for some guys, its sometimes pathetic when I meet up with a group of pheasant hunters and they are comparing outfits like a bunch of housewives comparing purses and tit sizes..

makes me smile when they miss the easy fly away shot, but have $1,500 in pants and boots looking spiffy doing it.

But I am cheap, and have been known to share a motel room with 5 other guys trying to minimize the lodging expense in my youth... Look where it has gotten me.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
You want to see cool all the morons walking into the arena this weekend in Mobridge in their full clam suits. That you have to put a sign out don’t wear spikes indoors tops it all off.

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have Baffin boots now, but otherwise my out door garb is about as pleasing as Hillary performing in a strip club. all ages of cobbled together pieces that have served me well. I agree with the need to check the look at me box for some guys, its sometimes pathetic when I meet up with a group of pheasant hunters and they are comparing outfits like a bunch of housewives comparing purses and tit sizes..

makes me smile when they miss the easy fly away shot, but have $1,500 in pants and boots looking spiffy doing it.

But I am cheap, and have been known to share a motel room with 5 other guys trying to minimize the lodging expense in my youth... Look where it has gotten me.
Such a pleasing post, and certainly not for Hillary's performance. :oops:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 133
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 77
  • This month: 77
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 66