Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
A Poem

Snowmobile
Snowmobile
Pushing from tracks instead of a wheel
If I had a purple Snowmobile
All the farmers would think I was queer.

It would be nice to set this with classical guitar .

Here's a Swedish building block, what you can make out of it ?

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I make the farmer wouldn't be worried about you taking his daughter out for a ride.

- - - Updated - - -

My poem would easily fit in the tune! Weird.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
That depends, will you be be operating the sled on COE lands?

Haha Your one stroke up on me .

images

Farmer

Founding Member
Founding Member
$50 to maintain the pembina trail and everyone else gets hosed.

North of hiway 5 and east of 1 is where the most extensive trail systems are. Yes it takes more money to maintain them per mile. Don't like it get on the board that appropriates the funds.

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
North of hiway 5 and east of 1 is where the most extensive trail systems are. Yes it takes more money to maintain them per mile. Don't like it get on the board that appropriates the funds.

Coincidentally, this same area traditionally holds the highest number of ringneck peasants in the state of ND.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member

I don't like it and I will choose to grumble about it instead of waste my time on a board. But don't sit there and tell me that it's ok to charge the rest of the state to maintain your trails. Most of us, on this site anyway, just want to access the lake in snow covered years. I can see your being completely biased coming from cavalier county.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member

sounds real fun - great way to spend your time if you just use a snowmobile to ice fish

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I understand the questions about fairness, however such issues are not limited to snowmobile license fees. I could argue that the area around Bismarck has way more boating access and improved ramps than my area of the state.

What really comes to my mind when I hear such complaints is "If I can afford a toy, most likely costing in the $1000's, is the license fee really that big of an issue?"

It was mentioned that most of the snowmobile trails are in the NE of ND. True, look at the geography. From the Turtle Mts. east through the Pembina Gorge area there are large areas of forest and cover which prevents the snow from blowing into huge drifts and leaving barren fields. That and usually this area of the state receives a higher snowfall rate. Right now, snowmobilers will find excellent trail riding in a very large area.

Every area of the state has something to offer that is not as abundant in other parts. I can live with that.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
It wasn't the $50, its the fact that the license states its to maintain the trails, which don't exist for a great majority of the state. Along with that, they need to have an option for ice fisherman. If it's $25 for two years with out trail access, and $50/2 years to include trail access, I think it'd be a bit easier to swallow.

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you really want to experience the thrill of snowmobiling, and save $50 at the same time, just stick your head in the freezer and have your wife smack you in the ass with a 2x4.
Where do you stand on trusting butchers about T-bone quality vs. inspecting for yourself?

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't feel I've received enough accolades for expressing myself with verse.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't feel I've received enough accolades for expressing myself with verse.

Sorry, I like it a lot but it Just seemed like there's something missing, Well not missing but maybe more to add. Is it ok if I help out and touch it up a bit ?

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's finished it but I better post this instead LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Snowmobile
Snowmobile
Pushing from tracks instead of a wheel
If I had a purple Snowmobile
All the farmers would think I was queer.

Ven it's too cold to ride I'd swaller my pride
I'd drink on da compder and laugh till I cried
I'd stare at my termos den slip off and hide
then Yump on the Viking and go for a ride .

Farmer

Founding Member
Founding Member
It wasn't the $50, its the fact that the license states its to maintain the trails, which don't exist for a great majority of the state. Along with that, they need to have an option for ice fisherman. If it's $25 for two years with out trail access, and $50/2 years to include trail access, I think it'd be a bit easier to swallow.

That is a good idea and a fair solution to the fee's if you are not using the trail system. The trails would still benifit as they receive a small percentage of gas tax for each registered sled. Tax on 30 gallons I believe. More sleds would get registered more gas tax. Fishermen and non trail riders would get a break on license. Looks like a win win to me. Personally I would buy the cheaper one myself.

300sktr

Established Member
Running without a license on snowmobile is no different than not licenseing a boat. If you are public water or land you need a license. 20 or 30 dollars isn't much, but it would put a damper on the day if you get stopped by warden and got ticket.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 100
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 33