Solar Farm

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Isn't that sweet , A memo from our mineral resources director to big oil companies explaining how they have been getting away with screwing taxpayers for years. Now that oil is above $ 50 they can afford to plug thier own damn wells.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Its dead they took it off indefinitely. May be revisited next year but I dont see opinion changing at all

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yea I knew the state required bonding a few years back then increased it. I couldn’t remember exact years. The old abandoned well that they are plugging now, from previous booms, weren’t bonded thus the state has had to pay for it. Which they got help with the Covid money
Oil companies will go bankrupt, cleanup of wells/facilities that are supposedly covered/bonded for environmental cleanup "well into the future" will experience costs that will exceed the policies and boom.... public will pick up the burden as usual.

Happens over and over and over across many industries and the Harold Hamm types all ride off into the sunset with heavy saddlebags.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yea I knew the state required bonding a few years back then increased it. I couldn’t remember exact years. The old abandoned well that they are plugging now, from previous booms, weren’t bonded thus the state has had to pay for it. Which they got help with the Covid money

Those old wells were bonded before they were drilled. The state let oil companies off the hook rather than holding them to the contract they agreed to when the drilling permit was issued. I don't care how many times the well traded hands the current owner of the well should be liable for plugging them not the taxpayers. This is the reason Oil companies "sell out" and re-open under a new name. Talk about getting the shaft.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84