Spotify Controversy

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
Really? Young and Mitchell are that pissed off someone is saying something that really doesn't enter their sphere of daily life, yet they feel THAT compelled to blow this much steam??

I've listed to Joe Rogan's podcasts way more than listening to any song of either music artist. Yet, Spotify pulls back and now agrees to post "advisory" notes on top of the videos posted by Rogan. Why are Young and Mitchell even listening to his podcasts in the first place?

Stupid liberals doing even more stupid things.... Grrrrrrr

;:;banghead

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Until this issue I never herd of spotify and could careless....young had his day 40 years ago,mitchell ....meh never had her day,just a couple of old hippies trying to be relivant is my take.

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Whole things a joke. The people that listen to Neil Young and whatever that other clowns name is are too old to figure out what a spotify is while the people that listen to Rogan have no idea who dipshit liberal young and that witch lookin lady are. Kinda a waste of time/energy when both sides are clueless.

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
woke.jpg

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Old hippies that made a living singing about anti establishment, and freedom to spit in soldiers faces for the Vietnam war, are suddenly for censorship?
Fuck all these washouts

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
Old hippies that made a living singing about anti establishment, and freedom to spit in soldiers faces for the Vietnam war, are suddenly for censorship?
Fuck all these washouts

Couldn't agree more. Neil Young and Joni Mitchell were major players in the early 70's music scene. They made great music about a crazy time in America and with American politics. The hypocrisy of what they're saying now is so ridiculous that I've just lost all respect, however. Rockin' in the Free World, Neil?.....go fuck yourself!

- - - Updated - - -

spotify.jpg

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I've been listening to Joe for probably 7 years or so now. I don't care about most of his guests and topics so I maybe listen to 1/3 episodes. The odd thing is that Joe is really a classical liberal. He's progressive in a way that he is looking for the truth. He actually cares about science and his social views are mostly liberal. Where he doesn't fall in line is that he believes in personal freedom and he follows true science and data instead of the new left "$cience". I would say he's had more democrat politicians on than republican. That includes both Bernie and Tulsi during the election.

He has a pile of money and his show is to the point where it's too big to cancel. Averaging 11 million listeners per episode and drops 3-4 episodes a week. I doubt Neil and Joni have 11 million listeners a month between the two of them. If they push this too far he will just start his own streaming service and take tons of market share with him. These large companies like Spotify have to know that. Or a company like Daily Wire will likely step up and start a streaming service. The only reason I have Spotify on my phone is to listen to JRE every now and then and I'm sure spotify has plenty of data that there are millions of people just like me in that way. We shall see what happens, but Spotify is out much more than the $100 million contract if they drop him; it will reverberate with a large portion of their overall market share going away.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I'm 75 and never heard of these two but on phone have a place call spotify that i listen to old time rock on. Is that the same? Hope that does not end.

For me, free the hippies but leave the long hair freaks in jail. db

Last edited:

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm 75 and never heard of these two but on phone have a place call spotify that i listen to old time rock on. Is that the same? Hope that does not end. db

Theres an app called Pandora that you can get on your phone to listen to old rock on as well. Just in case Spotify doesn't suit you anymore.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Petras:

In past, did have that spot. Thanks for the reminder. db

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
One, two, three
Turn it up

Big wheels keep on turnin'
Carry me home to see my kin
Singin' songs about the south-land
I miss Alabamy once again and I think it's a sin, yes

Well I heard Mister Young sing about her
Well I heard ol' Neil put her down
Well I hope Neil Young will remember
A southern man don't need him around anyhow

Sweet home Alabama
Where the skies are so blue
Sweet home Alabama
Lord I'm comin' home to you

In Birmingham they love the governor (boo-hoo-hoo)
Now we all did what we could do
Now Watergate does not bother me
Does your conscience bother you?
Tell the truth

Sweet home Alabama
Sweet home Alabama (oh yeah)
Here I come, Alabama

Now Muscle Shoals has got the Swampers
And they've been known to pick a song or two (yes they do)
Lord they get me off so much
They pick me up when I'm feelin' blue
Now how about you?

Sweet home Alabama
Sweet home Alabama

Sweet home Alabama (oh, sweet home)
And the governor's true
Sweet home Alabama (lordy)
Lord I'm comin' home to you, yeah, yeah
Montgomery's got the answer

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
If it was only a couple burned out hippies Id think this is not a big deal, but its NOT just a couple hippies, Blackrock owns a significant portion of Spotify also and there is a lot of pressure being brought down on companies who wont tow the line. Right now Joe is one of the larger holes leaking truth into the public narrative, this is going to intensify and I dont know if joe or spotify have the spine to resist for long.

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Neil Young is a walking punchline…has been forever and gets worse with each new level of wokeness.
And when he sings it sounds like someone has his tiny little testicles in a nutcracker - full squeeze.

muzzyhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I guess I'll check the box that says all three are dipshits.I am perfectly capable of forming my own thoughts and opinions and don't need a God damn podcast or song to sway me!!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88